This Week in Battlefield V

POLL - Have you cancelled your preorder?

Px-Progdogg
442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited September 2016
Just wanted to poll to see who has cancelled their preorder and if it has anything to do with lack of information on rentable servers.

PC ONLY POLL BELOW

http://www.strawpoll.me/11220803

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    No. I'm not insane enough to preorder a game. And your poll is dumb. 2 yes answers and 1 no.
  • JohnieReb
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Haven't pre-ordered yet
  • richcz3
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No - I have not Cancelled my Preorder

Your Poll doesn't include - No, I have not cancelled my Preorder
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BiggyD1313 wrote: »
    No. I'm not insane enough to preorder a game. And your poll is dumb. 2 yes answers and 1 no.

You must be joking? A poll doesn't just instantly accumulate numbers BiggyD and your worthless comment adds no value. You may think you are very special but a large percentage of people did in fact pre-order, this simple free poll was created for those people, not for you. Move along.

• Px-Progdogg
    richcz3 wrote: »
    No - I have not Cancelled my Preorder

Your Poll doesn't include - No, I have not cancelled my Preorder

If you read the post, it is based on "who has cancelled their preorder and if it has anything to do with lack of information on rentable servers" not whether they have cancelled or not.
  • Griff3nZA
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    There is no way I am cancelling my pre-order. There was a massive price increase of BF1 in South Africa after I pre-ordered so if I cancel, I need to pay an additional R800 to get the exact same package I have now [Standard and Premium]
    Having said that they might not allow the sale to go through then the pre-orders are charged, if that is the case then I wont be getting the game until a sale next year.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    JohnieReb wrote: »
    Haven't pre-ordered yet

Jury is still out. Things need to be verified like having dedicated clan run servers (Rcon) versus the wild west of "official servers"
  • BigF33t_13
    6677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

You must be joking? A poll doesn't just instantly accumulate numbers BiggyD and your worthless comment adds no value. You may think you are very special but a large percentage of people did in fact pre-order, this simple free poll was created for those people, not for you. Move along.

No, I won't move along. Your poll is still dumb. You ask either yes or no. Not yes because of this, yes because of that, or no. It makes ZERO sense. But I guess they haven't taught you that in school yet.
  • TheNorthFIN
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Griff3nZA wrote: »
    There is no way I am cancelling my pre-order. There was a massive price increase of BF1 in South Africa after I pre-ordered so if I cancel, I need to pay an additional R800 to get the exact same package I have now [Standard and Premium]
    Having said that they might not allow the sale to go through then the pre-orders are charged, if that is the case then I wont be getting the game until a sale next year.

I was reading about the SA price increase, it's stupid and infuriating. I feel for you guys, this kind of thing sucks big time.

The poll might need a few more options. I never preordered because.. well they're cancer. Of the butt.

I'm concern about the rental servers but I'm still getting the (base) game. Deluxe and Premium are on my no-list currently.
  • Px-Progdogg

No, I won't move along. Your poll is still dumb. You ask either yes or no. Not yes because of this, yes because of that, or no. It makes ZERO sense. But I guess they haven't taught you that in school yet.

If you read the OP you will realise that this is based on rentable servers, hence the options, so it does make sense. Still unsure why its so important to you that you feel the need to have such a heated opinion on a simple poll, it makes you sound so entitled. You obviously trigger easily. Thanks for the enthusiastic and well thought-out approach to helping me in my stupidity kid, I will think reeeeaaaally hard before I post a very simple and harmless poll next time.
  • purius
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well I was going to buy BF1、build a brand new rig for it.
    The beta was awful filled with hackers cheating and super sniper rifles making kill at any distance with single shot and having second thoughts.
    DICE/EA has always failed to do some thing about anti-cheating and will never change.
    This hack and cheats ruins the game but EA/DICE never seems to care.
    I won't buy the game until EA/DICE makes a official statement and puts effective anti-cheating on effect.

EA/DICE u guys failed, Thats why I didn't buy BFH SW:BF.
    BF1 will follow.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was in VOIP today with eight or nine friends playing BF4. Three of them said they are cancelling their pre-orders mostly due to the uncertainly over server rentals. I don't know if enough people will do that to make EA think it over, I suspect not. I get the feeling EA won't be all that sad to be able to drop the PC platform altogether, we're so picky and demanding, wanting the game to work properly and be able to control the servers we pay for, how unreasonable.
  • TheDeeplyCynical
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Am I the only one who preordered AFTER playing the beta? Some balance issues aside I had a lot of fun, more polished than BF4 was even 6 months after release.
  • matsif
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I never preordered to begin with. Was waiting to play the beta and get info about servers.

Since we still have no server info and I wasn't overly fond of the beta in general due to various reasons, my money stays in my bank account, and the only way it's leaving is if we get enough server control to use it in my community as we have used every other BF title since BF1942. If we don't get the appropriate level of server control this becomes the first major game in the series (I don't count any of the console only games or flatline) I don't buy.
  • Nora_The_Martyr
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cancelled my pre-order due to DICE having no Anti-Cheat. Not going to waste my time with the BF series anymore unless EA/DICE get serious about hackers. After scouring various hacker forums it appears Fairfight isn't going to cut it. BF1 is going to be ruined from day 1.

Please DICE for the love of God implement Battleye.
  • CLB_Geoff
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
  • BigF33t_13
    Our_Martyr wrote: »
    Cancelled my pre-order due to DICE having no Anti-Cheat. Not going to waste my time with the BF series anymore unless EA/DICE get serious about hackers. After scouring various hacker forums it appears Fairfight isn't going to cut it. BF1 is going to be ruined from day 1.

Please DICE for the love of God implement Battleye.

This is confirmed?
  • Utrekov
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I will if I hear or read that the balence is anything like BF4 that game reminded me of CoD and it made me real ****.

Seriously Bad Company 2 was a paragon of game mechanics, ok sure the classes were "unrealistic" but its a freaking video game.
  • Utrekov
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I cant say "-utt hurt" here!?
  • Jodomar
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm waiting to see what the server situation is going to be. If they offer player ran servers like the previous battlefields did, I'll pick it up. Anti-cheat really doesn't matter if you have player Admins that can just ban the D-bags.