New info on the map 'Giant's Shadow'

BaronVonGoon
7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
FREE IN DECEMBER: GIANT’S SHADOW

Prepare to take part in the Battle of the Selle in the cold autumn of 1918. Here, the fighting moves out of the trenches and into open country where a massive crashed airship casts its shadow onto the battlefield. The British forces have broken through the Hindenburg line and are now in pursuit towards an important railway center. Fierce infantry and tank engagements ensue on the open ground and river banks alongside the Cateu-Wassigny railway where an armored train can still turn the tide. Giant’s Shadow will be coming to Battlefield 1 as part of a free update in December.

https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/maps

Comments

• KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We know about a map we are getting in december, and we still don't have the maps in the base game confirmed.

Come on marketing.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This map may in some way be a new 'chapter' in the Operations gamemode. Specifically, it may connect the St Quentin Scar map to this Giants Shadow map. See how this transpired in the link below.

http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/battles_selle.html
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2016
    Here is a map of that battle.
    9886880_orig.jpg
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm lucky enough to live a few hours from the France/Belgium/Holland coast. I may go visit just to keep myself busy while I wait for BF1...

Ooo... An idea about a BF1 tour is hatching...
  • BaronVonGoon
    ^^ take pics
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sounds promising. One flag will probably be a big destroyed airship. Could be some interesting infantry areas at the railway center too.

But yeah I agee with King. We're less than 5 weeks out and still dont have any info or pics/videos of some of the maps. Time to spill the beans. Hope we get a new trailer soon.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds promising. One flag will probably be a big destroyed airship. Could be some interesting infantry areas at the railway center too.

But yeah I agee with King. We're less than 5 weeks out and still dont have any info or pics/videos of some of the maps. Time to spill the beans. Hope we get a new trailer soon.

I really hope each map gets a trailer
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

That would be sick but realistically I think we can only expect 1, maybe 2 more trailers befoe release.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

That would be sick but realistically I think we can only expect 1, maybe 2 more trailers befoe release.

But the trailers are soooo good, the more the merrier! :)