What does the gaming community lack?

DeeShinyGoat
64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Hi all,

I thought it will be a great idea to tap into your heads and see what ideas you come up with. I will be having a meeting with a few friends and we will explore which areas of the gaming industry can be improved. I'm referring to business ideas. These can be linked to FPS games, gaming in general, social platforms etc.

We wish to start a business that would be focused on the gaming industry and had a few great ideas such as a competitive gaming betting platform, dating platforms for gamers, European competitive gaming platform etc.

It'd be great to hear some ideas, maybe you can be a part of the first step to improve the overall experience we have when gaming. :)

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    12609 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Moved to off topic.
  • wsupchris1222444
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    girlfriends
  • DrVanNostrand1
    869 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    girlfriends

this
  • Templar_Vischa
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    A brain...
  • DrVanNostrand1
    869 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    yep
    a dating site for lone gamers would be cool
  • DeeShinyGoat
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    yep
    a dating site for lone gamers would be cool

That's what I was thinking and there have been a few unsuccessful attempts at this before. Seems that marketing was always an issue - not enough people knew it exists and the aesthetics of the platform made it more difficult to buy in to.

What kind of features would you like to see in terms of filters? Would you prefer to look up by favourite games, platforms, or would like to see traditional filter options such as age, distance, region etc. ?
  • DeeShinyGoat
    @wsupchris1222444 Please elaborate if you meant a dating platform that would help connect gamers. The platform could offer advice and tips too on how to win that crush over, what do you guys think? It would be based on a live person offering advice. Just a thought.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    It lacks moderation.

Take that anyway you want. Whether it be people playing games way to much (1000s of hours in a single game), to lack of verbal self control, to parents not moderating what their kids play and do online, etc...
  • DeeShinyGoat
    It lacks moderation.

Take that anyway you want. Whether it be people playing games way to much (1000s of hours in a single game), to lack of verbal self control, to parents not moderating what their kids play and do online, etc...

I agree with that point of view, but it's a very wide topic and it would be difficult to create a service or a product that would assist in that. Unless it's targeting a specific example, such as gaming addiction or monitoring the number of hours their kids play. Which could work as an app that would override the console/PC and would require a password to continue using the PC for gaming purposes that would be automatically generated each day and sent out to parents via an SMS or an email. This way, each day the cap is reached of say, 3 hours of gaming, they would no longer have access to video game aspects of the device and diversify their activities.

Your feedback was interesting, there are a few avenues that can be explored. Thanks.
  • KrabreatH
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Map Editors.
  • DeeShinyGoat
    KrabreatH wrote: »
    Map Editors.

Thanks for your input, but I didn't mean to discuss the video games themselves and what they lack. :)