Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Is hardline on pc alive?

arjantjuhh
0 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline Member
Hi there,

Last year, I bought Hardline on pc, but I didn't play it (laptop couldn't handle it). But yesterday I got a desktop, and it works perfect in high settings.

I played almost all day, and didn't have any problems finding full matches. However, today I looked on the forum and saw a lot of people claiming hardline on pc is dead. Is that statement true and was I only lucky to find good matches, or is hardline on pc alive?

Comments

• JaKSLaP
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    no its dead
  • Reiteriteration
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    This is crazy, there are literally 4 servers that have a decent amount of people on them. 8 servers have at least one person on them. Eight total servers for this game in the Browser.... just wow

It must be dead... Too bad I liked this one too
  • Crackhead88
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2016
    It's somewhat alive, mostly in Europe.

The problem is the DLC maps are waaaaaay better then the vanilla maps but virtually none of the servers are running them
    and news that EA was giving them away free 1 per week didn't gain any press on gaming sites, so not many people grabbed them.

Chances are they'll be given away free again all at once for a couple weeks or more soon, so that *may* bring things back to life a bit
    provided the giveaway gets promoted on sites like PCGamer.

I don't play it a lot because I can't stand Conquest on the Hardline maps, the maps were designed with Blood Money and the other Hardline specific modes in mind
    Conquest was just added as an afterthought, toss in the FLIR/M320 abuse and it's just an annoying camp fest.

• CeltS_Kavo
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Check out our Community we play BFH a Good bit.
    Platoon: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/1525394497498075398/
  • noshave
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Well, today I got my first banishment from a server in my entire gaming life. This is metaban.com related wow! There is already a number of few servers. I paid for the game like 20-30 Bucks? It is ok. My plan was to reach level 150 and I reached level 86 within 2 weeks time. Now, I will complete the compaign and stop playing. Because the game is dead. Actually, I liked the game itself. But, servers are empty and the online ones are pwned by young badmins. Considering to purchase BF1 and I thought what if the same situation occurs... I wish DICE could supervise servers and admins for QUALITY purposes. I wish also players could have chance to report admins and servers thou. But, we are only obliged to play whatever we are given despite the juicy price we pay for the game and all fans are ready to purchase deluxe versions of the series.
  • ATF_lateDENT
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    noshave wrote: »
    Considering to purchase BF1 and I thought what if the same situation occurs...

You are in luck. There are no rentable servers and no admins in BF1 right now, so you will be free to play admin free.

• noshave
    Is there a really need for rentable servers? When especially the majority of players are not fond of madmins.
  • AldermachXI
    1137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lol Hardline was dead on PC after a week. EU servers held up for a little while, but it was all crap...64 Heist, 64 Blood Money, Hotwire No Kill (for boosters). Game was a complete joke on PC. On consoles, you have "Official" servers, so it's playable.

I'll never understand this community's insistence on breaking game modes by packing 32 player modes with 64 players...You literally couldn't play a proper match of Heist or Blood Money in Hardline on PC. Silly server admins insist on cramming 64 players in and making the game terrible...and that was for the few servers that even existed.

Should be interesting to see how badly servers get messed up when BF1 Server Rental goes live...
  • EmoHz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    This is sad news to me. I was just going to make a thread asking what everyone's server settings are for in multiplayer because I see only a few servers. Recently purchased EA access to get this game (mainly for bf4 premium) so now Im feeling like its useless. The game is fun, but very few online.
  • AldermachXI
    1137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    EmoHz said:

This is sad news to me. I was just going to make a thread asking what everyone's server settings are for in multiplayer because I see only a few servers. Recently purchased EA access to get this game (mainly for bf4 premium) so now Im feeling like its useless. The game is fun, but very few online.

It had a nice run on consoles. I played nightly with devs for a while. Zachulon is a good guy. I helped him out with a lot of trial and error during that horrible "loadout bug" phase.

The PC community shunned the game from day 1...The theme of cops and robbers didn't sit well with fans. People were always harping on how stupid and unrealistic it was. They dubbed it a BF4 mod, even though it was far better than BF4. Heist mode during the Hardline beta was really fun. The matches were the right size, and Heist is a great PTFO mode. It's like Rush, but better. Getting away with the package or stopping the package in a match where both teams went for it was probably the most intense BF experiences to date, for me.

Then the game launched, and in true Battlefield fashion, the community RUINED the mode. There were few Heist servers to begin with - probably because it's a legit game mode that requires communication and real teamwork, and of those few, they were 64 player Heist servers...That many players breaks the mode. Just like it did with Rush.

I predict the same with happen with BF1 once the Server Rental goes live...Not that I'm playing much Rush in BF1. But something tells me we'll be seeings lots of lame 64 player Rush servers.
  • noshave
    I agree with you AldermachXI, I heard lots of rumors about BFH when it was first launched. In fact, BFH maps have been more enjoyable in my experience insofar. I also enjoy BF4.

I play them on PC btw. And I never want to play any games via consoles ( blagh! ) Now, there are only a few active servers which are custom ones. They are ruled by a couple of brainless modes / admins that kick and ban people upon to their daily moods. I suppose that these servers are the only servers that are prompted. In my humble opinion, they are like they vacuum all the BFH PC community. The last time I tried to join a game on an official server which was full enough, the moment I joined and played the game for less than 1 min - all players were kicked and the server got empty back again.

P.S. It is so pathetic to sponsor and own a gaming server in order to satisfy one's personal megalomania; and also, at the same time being poor and asking for donations for vip perks in order to keep the server up. -> this is number one lame.
  • AldermachXI
    noshave said:

I agree with you AldermachXI, I heard lots of rumors about BFH when it was first launched. In fact, BFH maps have been more enjoyable in my experience insofar. I also enjoy BF4.

I play them on PC btw. And I never want to play any games via consoles ( blagh! ) Now, there are only a few active servers which are custom ones. They are ruled by a couple of brainless modes / admins that kick and ban people upon to their daily moods. I suppose that these servers are the only servers that are prompted. In my humble opinion, they are like they vacuum all the BFH PC community. The last time I tried to join a game on an official server which was full enough, the moment I joined and played the game for less than 1 min - all players were kicked and the server got empty back again.

P.S. It is so pathetic to sponsor and own a gaming server in order to satisfy one's personal megalomania; and also, at the same time being poor and asking for donations for vip perks in order to keep the server up. -> this is number one lame.

There always needs to be at least a few Official DICE/EA servers that are running the default "Official" rules, map rotation, etc...BF is usually one of those games where after a certain time, you can't even play the "core" experience anymore. You're stuck with rented servers with silly rules/settings.

Instant Vehicle Respawn is the most annoying...nothing worse than working hard to take something out, only for it to spawn again instantly. It's game breaking.
  • Unit-RX400
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited November 2016
    Euroservers are alive and kicking. One German clan is keeping up half a dozen servers alone (costing them quite a bit I've heard) on various maps and modes (Hotwire, Conq, TDM, Mixed, DLCs).. pb-clan.de/stats/ (there is also #PB 6 | Bloodmoney | 50 Slot -pb-clan.de) not listed on stats site.

But playing in them would be more complicated for U.S/Canadian players. Time zones.. you have late night, here we have got early morning and high ping kicks. Somewhere around 120+ you'd get kicked out.
  • TorontoRaptorz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

There always needs to be at least a few Official DICE/EA servers that are running the default "Official" rules, map rotation, etc...BF is usually one of those games where after a certain time, you can't even play the "core" experience anymore. You're stuck with rented servers with silly rules/settings.

Instant Vehicle Respawn is the most annoying...nothing worse than working hard to take something out, only for it to spawn again instantly. It's game breaking.

Why do you keep posting in Sections you dont even play. Your a guy who said EA was **** 5 months ago and your still posting
  • AldermachXI
    edited November 2016

Why do you keep posting in Sections you dont even play. Your a guy who said EA was **** 5 months ago and your still posting

I've played all BF titles since BFBC2 on PC and Xbox except for this one, which I play on PC...so wtf are you talking about "sections I don't even play"??

Nice to have a fan and all...but wtf are you talking about? EA makes all kinds of stupid decisions that are fully open to criticism...so yes, I probably said they were "****" lol.
  • MapleLeafChief87
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well I installed it today, seems pretty dead. Got into almost full server in EU was having good time then got kicked for ping too high lol. Pretty sad when the game needs players but you still get kicked for high ping. No wonder no ones playing cause you get kicked trying to play.
  • TIF-MO3_CAT
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2016
    My English is too bad,but i can understand U guys talking about.I will type Chinese in downblow.

因为之前BF4上市之后,给玩家的感觉不是很好,之后就有了BFH,但是BFH的设定感觉还是很尴尬,其次就是平衡性也很差,导致PC服务器基本没人游玩。

PS:也许是因为是作弊者太多吧(Maybe...too much hacker in servers,i think...)
  • TIF-MO3_CAT
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    JaKSLaP wrote: »
    no its dead

LOL, Asian Servers 4 left,and nobody there.
  • TIF-MO3_CAT
    Please use google switch this words.

另外一个原因,就是DLC把玩家们分开了,导致玩家群体碎片化。
  • adio561
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited January 11
    Come join the YAM server for ALL DLC available Conquest 32 player. I personally fund the server so it will be around a long time. Type "YAM" in server search bar. Thanks! Won't Kick players at all unless you are Hacking and it has to be 100% obvious.