Using bots/cheaters to downgrade games and persuade players to upgrade

RelativeMadness
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So before you tell me to put my tinfoil hat back on, hear me out. I know it sounds crazy, but it has a legitimate reason to exist.

I just sort of came up with this idea a few minutes ago, and wanted to put it out there for the record. Is it at all possible that EA, or whoever runs BF3 servers, could be employing players, or even bots, and giving them cheats so they can dominate the match? Like purposefully putting cheaters in the match.

Why? Simple. To literally downgrade the match, make all the players mad and want to quit. Therefore, reducing the overall value of the multiplayer aspect of the game. What do you do when the value of something goes down? You typically upgrade, or fix it, or buy a replacement. Seeing as you can't "fix" the game, or replace it. This particular one for instance, the only way to get better quality cheater control and more advanced ways of dealing with cheaters, would be most likely, buying an upgrade. In this case, Hardline, BF4, and/or BF1.

In other words, sabotaging your own product that has fulfilled its ability to generate revenue and.....forcing the player base to buy the next game. Therefore, generating more revenue.
Why not just shut down all the BF3 servers? It's not as subtle. Besides, shutting down the servers isn't as infuriating as making a player mad because someone else it headshotting him from across the map on caspian boarder with a .44 over and over again.

It's theorized that SWTOR allows "gold spammers" (bots that advertise websites that will sell in game currency for irl money. Illegal according to terms/services) (E.G. 5 US Dollars for 10 million credits) and will then be able to flush out players that do such and ban them.

In other words, using third parties to one's own advantage.

Lemme know what you guys think. Just an idea, I don't believe it myself, just something that popped into my head and made sense.

Comments

• 1130larkin
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    In the beggining when bf3 one of the best games ever especially the single player story came out, there was a lots of glitches for example in metro which players used and still using to their advantage. I call that cheating for instance when they hide in the ceiling. Then ea/dice decided to leave all glitches intact instead focused on satisfying newbies by messing up lots of weapons just to satisfy them of course just to earn more bucks. I am not sure about your theory but seeing how they've acted previousely, I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow can be proven that your theory is correct. After all they don't seem to mind cheaters.
  • FatBottomedBoiii
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2016
    So before you tell me to put my tinfoil hat back on, hear me out. I know it sounds crazy, but it has a legitimate reason to exist. I just sort of came up with this idea a few minutes ago, and wanted to put it out there for the record. Is it at all possible that the companies who make hacks employ players like OP to create threads like this on these forums? Like to falsely claim and tell everyone that the game is riddled with cheaters.

Why? Simple. To encourage bad players to buy hacks from their selling companies, so they will think they will be on equal playing field because everyone cheats right? Therefore, generate revenue for the hack companies and.....force the player base to move another game where the everyone cheats circle-jerk will continue. Therefore, generating more revenue for the hack companies.
  • StarscreamUK
    7590 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    i fail to see any reason to let this thread continue, it serves no constructive purpose whatsoever.
This discussion has been closed.