Keyboard and Mouse support for Console

2»

Comments

• Zombi3Warrior76
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Look it up they did they "In couple months Keyboard & Mouse will be compatible"
  • theguywhosninja
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Look it up they did they "In couple months Keyboard & Mouse will be compatible"

Look what up? care to share a link in your findings?
  • Zombi3Warrior76
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have been thinking about buying Xim 4 just for bf1 since I went back and played bf4 on pc I felt more better then joystick
  • theguywhosninja
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    That is talking about support for the console it self, there would still need to be implementation and testing on developer side to work for the game.

Quote from your site.
    Naturally, nothing is set in stone yet, and not every game may support the additional inputs, but with Microsoft leading the way in regard to Play Anywhere, it can be expected for first-party games to at least offer this option.

Although, good find.

This why I think it will not happen for BF1, but will most likely be in the next Battlefield title. DICE is not a first party to Microsoft, like Epic is.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    I am confused by this play anywhere, including gears of war. Are pc and xb1 playing each other or separate communities? Because if they are mixed, then obviously u r playing against mnk. I know in rocket league u have the choice to turn off playing against pc.

Also if the game is able to play on both like that, then obviously it has mnk support? It will be an interesting couple years. The next halo will be for both xbox and pc, so I believe scorpio will bridge everything. But as somebody else said, I dont think bf1 will see "official support"
  • V99999
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Itake a crutch for people who can't aim with a controller adding mnk support would trash the fps markets on console because people would just play pc if it ever got to that point.
  • StingX71
    809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SH1GGLES wrote: »
    If console had keyboard and mouse support I feel like most Xim users would not play on consoles because their advantage would be gone. Most of them have PC, but play on console because of the advantage they get from having a kb/m against controller users.

You don't know XIM players. I have several friends who use a XIM and I've played with one but it definitely didn't give me an advantage. The most common reason they don't use an Xbox controller is because it doesn't work for them ergonomically. A M/K doesn't differentiate players on an Xbox and a controller doesn't level the playing field. Look at all the differences that exist with monitors/TV, headsets, routers, headsets, bandwidth, etc. What's consistent is the graphics/video card, memory, processor and other internal components.

Not true I know multiple Xim users that went to PC and got rekt then came back to console because of it. On a side note I looked at your stats and it's clear you've never played in the competitive community and played against players that have mastered the Xim4. The Xim users you know are probably bad so that's why the info your getting is wrong about how much of an advantage it gives.

I play CoD on both xbox (with XIM) and PC. My score per minute and KD are almost identical. I don't use aim assist (most xim players don't use it because of effect it has on aiming with kb/m) on the xbox so that evens things up a bit. XIM is also limited to turning speed of the game, it can't make you spin faster than what the game will allow. CoD numbers are so low on PC, I decided to get an xbox so I could play without worrying about getting a lobby going.

Not to mention, anyone can get a XIM, they're relatively affordable. Not seeing the big deal about the little device except for all of the bad info about it.
  • Mikex2112
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Xim4 is NOT the same as KB/M on PC.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont think the price is the factor. My headset and controller together cost more than a xim and a decent mnk.

The point is that its in the grey area. They arent allowed in lan events and are not thought of like scuf or elites BUT I dont think it would take much to change that... If they became a sponsor for mlg or paid enough money, they could be widely accepted. Theres plenty of other outlets besides mlg as well.

There really isnt much point for them to do so tho. With scorpio coming out in a year, its about to bridge the gap for consoles and mnk support (imo) and xim wont even be necessary. Im expecting microsoft to come out with their own accessories or weird plugins so u can only use their products. We will see tho.
  • PottyScottie
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Another one of these posts. Ugh. Phil spencer already said he will never pit controllers vs kbm players for multiplayer shooters. He would only consider it for single or coop player experiences. A average pc gamer can become a GOD on console when using kbm. Its an unfair advantage. Whoever keeps posting these topics, please stop and go build a pc or in november you can switch to greedy SOny and buy their Hori licensed 150$ Kbm adapter that works with every game. But, keep in mind their ps3 hori kbm was complete garbage and shipped broken.

Stop with these posts. Play on pc.
  • SH1GGLES
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Couldn't care less if someone wants to play with other controllers on a console. Those who do have repeatedly said it's not the same as playing on a PC. The only advantage I see is cost. Having a solid gaming PC isn't cheap and continually having to upgrade hardware just adds to the cost. You'll pay a lot less for a console, adapter and a mouse/KB.
  • PottyScottie
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Couldn't care less if someone wants to play with other controllers on a console. Those who do have repeatedly said it's not the same as playing on a PC. The only advantage I see is cost. Having a solid gaming PC isn't cheap and continually having to upgrade hardware just adds to the cost. You'll pay a lot less for a console, adapter and a mouse/KB.

Yeah you will care when some pc scrub keeps nemesis-ing you game after game after game because he's point and clicking kills.
  • kingbluewolf
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Why so angry about KBM requests? If someone said "let's prevent PottyScotty from giving Phil lap dances" THEN you could get mad and rant and rage.
    I moved onto console because it's a simple plug and play machine, period. Would I become a better player using KBM ,sure. But a GOD, not by far.
    Quit being a tool PottyScotty.
    Another one of these posts. Ugh. Phil spencer already said he will never pit controllers vs kbm players for multiplayer shooters. He would only consider it for single or coop player experiences. A average pc gamer can become a GOD on console ....

• SH1GGLES
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yeah you will care when some pc scrub keeps nemesis-ing you game after game after game because he's point and clicking kills.

KB/M players have been on consoles for years. Hasn't affected my gaming experience in the least.
  • kingbluewolf
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KB/M players have been on consoles for years. Hasn't affected my gaming experience in the least.

Well said. If someone wants to augment their play style with KBM where is the harm?

There are monsters out there who rock the controller! KBM would just help myself level my playing field. Besides, how many KBM players are out there? Maybe 1 in 64!