Maps list updated

Rev0verDrive
6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I'm seeing 10 total and the "Check back for more" is still there. https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/maps
  • BALLROOM BLITZ
  • ARGONNE FOREST
  • FAO FORTRESS
  • SUEZ
  • THE ST. QUENTIN SCAR
  • SINAI DESERT
  • AMIENS
  • MONTE GRAPPA
  • EMPIRE’S EDGE
  • GIANT’S SHADOW (December)

Can we now put the .. "There's Only 5 Maps" BS to bed now? Thanks.

Comments

• KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm seeing 10 total and the "Check back for more" is still there. https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/maps
    • BALLROOM BLITZ
    • ARGONNE FOREST
    • FAO FORTRESS
    • SUEZ
    • THE ST. QUENTIN SCAR
    • SINAI DESERT
    • AMIENS
    • MONTE GRAPPA
    • EMPIRE’S EDGE

I feel like the "check back for more" line is the same as telling players to leave their feedback on what map they would like to see added to the beta.

I'm guessing that is all of the base maps.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    • BALLROOM BLITZ
    • ARGONNE FOREST
    • FAO FORTRESS
    • SUEZ
    • THE ST. QUENTIN SCAR
    • SINAI DESERT
    • AMIENS
    • MONTE GRAPPA
    • EMPIRE’S EDGE

I feel like the "check back for more" line is the same as telling players to leave their feedback on what map they would like to see added to the beta.

I still don't know what to make of that. Could the Battlefield Twitter be that incompetent when it comes to public relations?

• Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    "Check back for more," is future free maps [if we get anymore free?] and dlc maps.
  • monkChuck105
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    "Check back for more," is future free maps [if we get anymore free?] and dlc maps.

BF4 had 5 expansions, 1 free with pre-order. Maybe we might see one being free this time (albeit with 2 week early access for Premium). The primary thing for the game imo is to maintain momentum from launch through the dlc season, give players a reason to come back. DICE did give away a lot of stuff at the end in BF4, and made all the dlc free. EA has a chance here to land a mortal blow to COD, as long as they don't screw it up.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »
    • BALLROOM BLITZ
    • ARGONNE FOREST
    • FAO FORTRESS
    • SUEZ
    • THE ST. QUENTIN SCAR
    • SINAI DESERT
    • AMIENS
    • MONTE GRAPPA
    • EMPIRE’S EDGE

I still don't know what to make of that. Could the Battlefield Twitter be that incompetent when it comes to public relations?

I think quite the opposite.

They are sneakily sending more people to the forums.
  • No1StingerUserUK
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    So how may of them are good? BF4 has 33 maps but I usually just play the same 5 over and over.

Some maps, like Lumpy Gardens, it only took me 2-3 rounds to work out I never wanted to play them ever again. The Beta map was a bit like that actually...
  • KingTolapsium
    So how may of them are good? BF4 has 33 maps but I usually just play the same 5 over and over.

Some maps, like Lumpy Gardens, it only took me 2-3 rounds to work out I never wanted to play them ever again. The Beta map was a bit like that actually...

It seems dice learned a lot in between making the base game maps and the last dlc.

I don't think it will be as bad as it was. The two maps we've seen so far play pretty dang well.
  • Serkaii
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Beta map was a bit like that actually...

Not a fan of the Sinai Desert map? I enjoyed it just because it felt like a variety of settings all in one. Open terrain on E / D. Close quarters on C / F. With a mix of both at A & B.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Serkaii wrote: »

Not a fan of the Sinai Desert map? I enjoyed it just because it felt like a variety of settings all in one. Open terrain on E / D. Close quarters on C / F. With a mix of both at A & B.

100% agree. Sinai is one of the more balanced maps I've ever played. All playstyles were well represented.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So where's that dingus that was having a hissy fit about maps?
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CDO Triggered The maps are out of order!!! :D
  • No1StingerUserUK
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Too Open.

One flag all on it's own miles away from the others for no good reason.

Darude - Sandstorm

Loads of easily accessible rooftops and ledges to camp (did they not learn from BF4?).

Terrible spawn positions (still). *spawn* ---> *run over by horse* ---> rinse and repeat.
  • Serkaii
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Too Open.

Darude - Sandstorm

Loads of easily accessible rooftops and ledges to camp (did they not learn from BF4?).

Terrible spawn positions (still). *spawn* ---> *run over by horse* ---> rinse and repeat.

Flag E - was a valuable flag to hold, as it gave an extra air support spawn. If the team was playing correctly, that meant one more bomber in the sky causing havoc.

The rest of your arguments sound like you were maybe just sprinting across the open desert alone hoping to not get sniped / trampled?

I could count on one hand how many "bad spawns" I had, but it sounds like you had a different experience. Maybe because I was in a squad? I don't know. If the rooftops were a problem, we blew them up. If the snipers on the ledges / cliffs were a problem... we blew them up. The map was open in portions, but you had to use the terrain to your advantage when moving from cover to cover. By the end of the game, there should have been so many bomb craters in the ground you could just leap frog from foxhole to foxhole. :D
  • BrokeWar
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sinai was an awesome map as many have stated. I know a lot of people didn't like it because not everyone can be happy. I'm summing it up to that.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Too Open.

Darude - Sandstorm

Plenty of cover with the dunes, rocks, craters, and houses at C.

E flag is awesome and unique. Can be capped by planes (I love that) and takes some effort to travel to by car or horse. So what if it's off the beaten path, not all flags have to be within running distance. As serkaii mentioned, it's valuable for the vehicle spawns and Tank hunter kit too. ALSO has 2 AA emplacements.

Sandstorm looked awesome and only blew in for a few minutes at a time out of a 30 minute match.

Don't even try to compare 3 story houses that are easily accessible by multiple ladders and can get destroyed with the quickness to the skyscrapers of BF4. Not even close to the same thing. A little bit of vertacality is a good thing, BF4 took it to obnoxious levels.

Bad spawns? Can only speak for myself but I had no problem with them. Maybe trying to actually work with a squad in a team focused game would be a good idea?

Yeesh talk about debbie downer.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wasn't sure on Sinai at first, but once you felt the flow of the map it was awesome, and beautiful to look at. It catered to the train and horses brilliantly.

The fights at C & D were immense, and were rightly the main focus of the map.
  • KingTolapsium
    Too Open.

Darude - Sandstorm

The rooftops?

Nothing like bf4. Verticality actually felt good to me.