Period accuracy?

2»

Comments

• Kuhndog16
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    From what I've seen, the flamethrower in the trailer closely resembles what the Germans used in WW1.
  • MP7Warrior
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dice already said everything is going to be accurate to the war, they stated that they will be using improvisations from what soldiers tried in the war for customization.
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    [quote="Banko73;96"]The coiled club with barbed wire, in the beginning was not not standard issued equipment for the German army neither is the metal face mask the German soldier wears later in the trailer.. The red airplanes in the flying through the dessert ravine indicates that it is German airplanes somewhere in the Mediterranean or North Africa area. German planes in red where only represented on the European scene. They did however transfer airplanes and personnel to their ottoman allies. The planes painted in national ottoman colors while the Germans served as pilots/instructors for the ottoman air force.

And the 37 flak/auto cannon was not issued before 1936 in the German army and 1942 for the us army.[/quote]

To be honest it's war, there going to use whatever is at there disposal. Especially since it is WW1 we're talking about it was at times a war of attrition. When your stuck and desperate you'll use whatever you need to survive.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    This game is going to be period accurate. Everything you saw in the trailer was used in WW1
  • bf1helicopter
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    We will see
  • dragonassasin98
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yah the flamethrowers fine and 1 guy could have just said screw the bayonet i want a club
  • KaaDaver
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wonder if we will be allowed to use weapons banned under the Geneva convention like mustard gas and the oil/fire cannon that incinerated people on touch
  • redzuluzulu0096
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    jaydog32 wrote: »
    > @Banko73 said:
    > I would'n be surprised if is it turnes out to be WW1 with a Steampunk twist. It would fit with the period and give them unlimited options when it comes to weapons and gadgets.

I noticed one of the characters in the trailer had a cape. I think a Steampunk twist is actually quite plausible. This would not be period correct but would be super cool, and as you mentioned, open up a ton of options.

It's not a cape. He's got his trench coat on his back like a cape. There are plenty of photos and paintings of soldiers in WW1 with their coats on their back like that.
    Do a google search.

The spiked trench club was actually a thing. I've read about them (amongst other improvised melee weapons) in many books over the years. Soldiers wanted more than bayonets, swords or trench knives so they made melee weapons out of random stuff they had in the trenches.