Weekly BF

Spectator mode + Video editor

Px-Progdogg
442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Was playing some good old Black Ops 1 in the weekend and forgot how sweet the spectator mode was. I would love to see spectator mode implemented into BF1, if there are rentable servers then it would make admin's life really easy, they could just spectate said player and watch them for a bit. Kinda like having a referee to a point.

Another cool feature would be a video editor, for example you could save your previous game to a slot (or just download previous game) and spectate yourself, other players and/or free-roam to make videos easier (weren't they going to have something for BF4?).

Anyway, constructive discussion welcome.

Comments

• Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Having a recorded match if possible wouldn't be a bad thing. Spectator mode opens up things up to unfair game play, i.e. Your buddy goes into spectator mode and then informs you where the enemy is.
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    Kirk40k wrote: »
    Having a recorded match if possible wouldn't be a bad thing. Spectator mode opens up things up to unfair game play, i.e. Your buddy goes into spectator mode and then informs you where the enemy is.

Perhaps when you are in spectator mode your communications are disabled, voice and text. Never had problems in CoD with spectator mode. Banned plenty of hackers using it though.

But yes even a recorded match would be fine, one that just saves over itself after every match, saves it locally somehow? Hackers would be banned in droves, video evidence is pretty damn accurate.

I don't know about other server admins but when we had Black Ops 1 servers we would spend a lot of time analysing videos on suspected hackers, and it gets pretty easy to catch them out. If you had a whole game to then go back in and spectate any player that would be enough for me, would't have to be in live games.
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Perhaps when you are in spectator mode your communications are disabled, voice and text. Never had problems in CoD with spectator mode. Banned plenty of hackers using it though.

But yes even a recorded match would be fine, one that just saves over itself after every match, saves it locally somehow? Hackers would be banned in droves, video evidence is pretty damn accurate.

I don't know about other server admins but when we had Black Ops 1 servers we would spend a lot of time analysing videos on suspected hackers, and it gets pretty easy to catch them out. If you had a whole game to then go back in and spectate any player that would be enough for me, would't have to be in live games.

DICE could script what ever they can to prevent in-game communication. But nothing is stop someone using one of the many other forms of communication that exists.
  • Px-Progdogg

DICE could script what ever they can to prevent in-game communication. But nothing is stop someone using one of the many other forms of communication that exists.

Thats true but do you really think people will go to that much effort? Like I said, we never had problems with that at all. It was simple, come scrim time - no spectators allowed.

Like I said though, if it was available on saved games that would be a huge step forward.