December's Free map ...

Rev0verDrive
6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I'm thinking it will based around the Christmas Truce. Saint-Yvon - Ploegsteert, Comines-Warneton in Belgium.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• kalavrezos7
    10 postsMember Member
    I'm thinking it will based around the Christmas Truce

with Zombie Santas around :smiley:
  • James_D_Sidious
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Back to Metro 1918 (i sincerely hope not though, i know it's not :neucoffe:)
    Post edited by James_D_Sidious on
  • F0SS0R
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The question is will it be fifth or fourth map?
  • Trokey66
    8176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    F0SS0R wrote: »
    The question is will it be fifth or fourth map?

What?
  • TooManyZoos
    145 postsMember Member
    Ah the old trick of releasing a finished map a month later and saying its "free"

Loved how this happened in BattleFront, so we then had a total of 5(large mode) maps, wooooo.................
    People saying "shut-up it's free". Was it free? did we really get the whole game on release?

Why not release it with the main game?

Probably be more sand.
  • PleasureOperator
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We already know what it's going to be. Check the map page it's called Giant's shadow
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Plaspop wrote: »
    We already know what it's going to be. Check the map page it's called Giant's shadow

Exactly.
  • alexis41096
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Ah the old trick of releasing a finished map a month later and saying its "free"

Loved how this happened in BattleFront, so we then had a total of 5(large mode) maps, wooooo.................
    People saying "shut-up it's free". Was it free? did we really get the whole game on release?

Probably be more sand.

No it'll take place on the European front, not the Middle East so **** about the sand, I know Sinai was a bad map for the beta but can we please stop being traumatized by it? We're also going to be getting 9 maps so already BF1 has more content then battlefront.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I see mud, trenches with a touch of snow.
  • TooManyZoos
    145 postsMember Member

Probably be more sand.

No it'll take place on the European front, not the Middle East so **** about the sand, I know Sinai was a bad map for the beta but can we please stop being traumatized by it? We're also going to be getting 9 maps so already BF1 has more content then battlefront.

Man, I was traumatised by sand maps waaaaay before the Beta turned up. I've been playing Battlefront for the past year.

"If it isn't sand, it's ice" - Serious Sam - 2004

Hoping DICE's WW2 game won't have any North Africa campaign maps, or Pacific campaign. Purely European, East and Western fronts, with some trips to Anzio etc in Italy.
  • alexis41096
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Probably be more sand.

Man, I was traumatised by sand maps waaaaay before the Beta turned up. I've been playing Battlefront for the past year.

"If it isn't sand, it's ice" - Serious Sam - 2004

Hoping DICE's WW2 game won't have any North Africa campaign maps, or Pacific campaign. Purely European, East and Western fronts, with some trips to Anzio etc in Italy.

So you'll pass up on BF1 cause of one sand map? I'm sure all the other maps will take place in East and western fronts and some on beaches with ships.
  • JediScum81
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Probably be more sand.
    Just sale gimmicks. Everybody wants something for free. But it's not free Cus you already paid for it?!
  • TooManyZoos
    145 postsMember Member
    So you'll pass up on BF1 cause of one sand map? I'm sure all the other maps will take place in East and western fronts and some on beaches with ships.

Hype train speeding too fast to jump off. Is there not 3 heavily sandy maps? two coastal ones.

About 'Giants Shadow' you reckon we'll be able to run around and through the crashed Hindenburg. Or will it be like the crashed Star Destroyer in BF's Jakku map, looking pretty and teasing outside of the playable area?
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Meh who cares about the wording. We're getting something new to bridge the gap to the first DLC in march at no additional cost. Good enough for me
  • JediScum81
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Meh who cares about the wording. We're getting something new to bridge the gap to the first DLC in march at no additional cost. Good enough for me
    That's fair enough, it suits them (EA) to call it free anyway. Gets people salivating rather than questioning lol
  • xROLLIN_STON3x
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I can see this happening!
  • James_D_Sidious
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I can see this happening!

mustard gas corridors 24/7, the horror
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Probably be more sand.

How do you know it's finished. Maybe Dice got started on it later and it's not finished. Or they came across some design issues and they chose to fix those before shipping the map, I would be thrilled if this was the case. I would rather have a good complete map after the release than a flawed map during release.

The war was fought in sandy regions of the world so those environment should be included in the game as well.