Battlefield 4 - Community Missions

Braddock512
1076 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
Hey everyone,

We want to continue having Community Missions in both Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 4. We've done a lot of unique missions, given out innumerable Battlepacks and dozens of special Dog Tags.
Now I'd like to turn to you for suggestions on future Community Missions.

What types of missions did you like most?
Were they:
  • Weapon Specific
  • Mode Specific
  • Gadget Specific
  • High Difficulty/Low Time Limit
  • Individual or Community
Tell us, constructively, what you would do if you could create a Community Mission.

-Braddock512-

Comments

• MorningTimeCloud
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I liked the weapon and mode specific ones, because it made me try the game modes i never play or try new weapons. Also prefer individual since the community wide didn't feel like there was even a point in contributing to the huge numbers, like 1 million assault rifle kills etc.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    High difficulty, hands down.

If you want a worth while reward a person should have a challenge to getting good it.

Like the phantom Camo that was a grind but when you see a person with that Camo you know they played a lot of tanks and is a danger.
    That sort of Design.

With previous challenges and community missions their super easy and when you do receive a dog tag or similar reward you go don't really care that much cause everyone pretty much has it.

More focus in individual reward cause community rewards well are just something that happens and not really some work involved. Honestly when I saw a whole community challenge I would ignore it cause it's inevitable we would achieve it and if the challenge was too much of a challenge their would be massive use of the aspect to achieve the community challenge rather then playing the game.

And for rewards make them uniqe things like dog tags, skins and things like that. Battle packs are just thing you just get anyway. Rewards should be unique to the challenge and unique as whole to actually make the player feel like he accomplished or achieved a goal rather then the feeling of just completing a task/job.

As for the challenges it self I wouldn't care much but would like more Objective based challenges that are more difficult like
    30 flag captures under an hour of play time.
    1000 healing done in game.
    Those sort of challenges but wouldn't mind weapon or weapon related challenges.
  • -zDe-Celiatric
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Personally I enjoyed the Individual specific missions (the higher difficulty the better) And the reward of a dog tag was a great way to showcase your accomplishment in game.

The community missions moving forward should include Specific weapons, modes, and maps just like in previous titles - That will give the community the opportunity to try out new gadgets or weapons. Potentially the missions could showcase the specific weapons use in combat, i.e the trench configuration of the smgs and shotguns on a close quarters TDM or domination - breaking down the specific use that the weapon was designed for.

Specific mode community missions (i.e war pigeons) would help push new community members towards playing the objective and give them a tangible reward for doing so. Maybe that will push them to ptfo in other game modes in the future.

Im looking forward to what else the community comes up with.
  • TheLankySoldier
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Not concrete feedback, just some examples of trying to revive less played gamemodes or encourage players to play together:

- Capture X number of flags on Chainlink
    - Revive X number of Squad mates (yes, squad mates)
    - Get X number of Repair Ribbons
    - Win X number of Capture the Flag games
    - Destroy X number of Mcoms on Obliteration

- Lanky-
  • Tireseas
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've got a definite preference for individual missions. Nothing more frustrating than to see a progress bar barely moving on a full community one.
    As for types, the ones that encourage PTFO or trying out less used guns are best. Just don't go overboard with the number of required actions.
    Mode specific I'm neutral on as long as you make it for a mode that actually has populated servers.
    Reward wise, it'd be nice to see some more tags or maybe even put up the DICE or DICE LA camos for a particularly challenging mission. For that matter you could toss in some of the nearly impossible to obtain camos from modes no one bothers to play as well. What I don't want to see is more battlepacks full of exp boosts. Got enough of those for three lifetimes already and I keep getting more as I flesh out my weapon masteries.
  • Inqinity
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Personally, i dislike Community Challenges, as there are Large numbers, and you feel like you do not have much of an input, aswell as getting easy rewards just playing casually, so they're often not as good as the others

The best ones i think are the Difficult and Short-Time Personal Mode/Weapon Specifics, eg, win 10 rounds of carrier assault / capture 20 flags on capture the flag. These challenges can often revive lesser played game types (such as the ones mentioned above), or allow players to switch up their playstyle for a purpose - a well earned reward.
  • C0MRADE_SANYA
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think the dog tags giving for Community Missions its cool. I collected all in bf4 with the signs of the zodiac :)
  • ZombieP1ow
    662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm all for anything that boosts the CTF community.
  • 199Travis199
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2016
    Weapon Specific Missions are great!
    And special Dogtags would be cool to get for complete a mission!
    There are some of this old Promotion dogtags what players still can get!

-199Travis199-
  • HUNT_T0GETHER
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I think that it will attract more people if the reward will be specific type . As instance , rewarding a Hardliners weapon License for challenging tasks , or rewarding cool knife for fans of bf4 . I know that battlepacks can offer the same rewards , but because prizes just in random order and in most occasions players get only vouchers or boosts. After a certain period of time players get bored of that battlepacks , and of course of community mission , because they do not expect specific reward for completion
  • spitfiresiemion
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    I prefer individual missions - they give a way stronger vibe of actually doing something. With community-wide missions I get that feeling of being carried, further supported by the fact that I got some battlepacks without contributing to the mission in any way.

Also, I would like to see combined individual-community missions - let's say, community must cap 1mln flags, but at the same time you also must capture 20 to get the award.

High difficulty missions are good as long as they get longer time limit... otherwise it's way too easy to notice them when they're already almost over and they become borderline impossible to pull off. Time limit should follow this kind of train of thought: "How many hours would players need to complete it? About 48? Okay then, let's give them 84 or 96 so that they still have a shot if they don't notice the mission shortly after it begins". Actually, in that aspect, it would be good to get some sort of notification when a Community Mission goes live.
  • Mik-Evil
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Use your server data to look at least popular playstyles, guns, gadgets, and modes. Then make the community missions revolve around those so we see more variety in play styles and maps. Additionally this would populate more game modes which is lacking in past titles.

Also, it might be beneficial to only give out the rewards to people that actively participated. So that it engages the players. For example, if there is a community goal of X amount of objectives make an additional personal goal of Y amount of objectives.
  • Ben8D8over
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Weapon Specific Missions are great!
    And special Dogtags would be cool to get for complete a mission!
    There are some of this old Promotion dogtags what players still can get!

-199Travis199-

What he said, and make it hard to get, not too easy at least B)
  • Swindlers-Mana
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just want to know why it's so hard to find the community missions page to confirm you completed a mission. And if I click forums from my battlelog app I shouldn't have to sign in to post in a thread I should already be logged in.
  • The_BERG_366
    1882 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    is it normal that i can't claim my community mission reward yet? like i completed it, when i now confirm it on the page though, it says "reward claimed". but when i reload the page i can claim it again... and i actually don't get any kind of reward. (im supposed to get a battlepack or something i guess, not that i would care about that directly but since i don't get it, it didn't seem to work and therefore i probably won't get the rest of the rewards either, that's why im asking). Anyone knows about this?
  • Blakkwolfe
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same issue here. Claimed, got no battlepack. So I checked the community mission again, the button is lit again. Click it, no battlepack. Tried in Edge, Firefox and Chrome.
  • Acescree
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    how do use battlepacks
  • TH4RT4RUS
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Speaking about the "road to battlefield 1" mission, I claimed the reward yesterday and I didn`t get the battlepack. How can I proceed?

The weapon specific missions are good, like "50 headshots using cs5"
  • PatTheMav
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Same here - finished the mission, clicked "Claim Reward", yet got no Battlepack for BF4 or skin in BF1.

EDIT: Trying to claim the reward again nets the following XHR response from the server:
    {
        "type": "success",
        "message": "ALREADY_CLAIMED",
        "data": {}
    }

• TIGO35
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I can't seem to get my gold battlepack from the holiday community mission. I can't even find where it is.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!