Top Questions Regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program

Braddock512
1076 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
Let's keep this to QUESTIONS ONLY.
There is another thread for discussion.

@ElStryfe - Please post the list you have an feel free to continue adding more questions. Definitely appreciate the help with that.

-Braddock512-

Comments

• Death_Strike_NL
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Good day,

I was wondering on when EA will release more info on the server rental system?
    Battlefield 1 is due soon and I would like to know most of all if we will be able to kick or ban people.
    I am not a procon admin but my friends are and we still see a lot of abuse which slips through punkbuster.
    Anyone has an answer or a thread which contains the answer?

Kind regards,
    Death_Strike_NL
  • Jaskaman
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    In BF4 if you disable AFK kick, server went to custom preset. Will there be more customization and server will have preset Normal and Ranked.
    Can we rent slots By slots eg. minimum 10 players and max.64?
    How about server stats plugins?
    Will there be Mute command for guys who are using toxic language?
    Can we use ingame chat for admin commands?

• spaznz
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Since EA is hosting the servers, will BF1 suffer from Blaze disconnects like in previous titles?
    Will there be servers available in all regions? (Oceania?)
    Will there be blaze servers available in all regions? (Ongoing issues in Sydney due to connectivity back to US)
  • HaitianVacation
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Where will physically will servers be located world wide?
    Will trackers be able to be used on them for gaming events like previous Battlefield games?

• Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    post to keep notified... VIA notifications
  • TheRealMcKay
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Adding myself here to track the discussion...
  • OvEr_KiLL3311
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    will all the servers have the same anti cheat system on them which is regularly updated and also no option of turning this off?
  • SS142
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    With the new UI coming to BF4, does this mean that the current server rental system will be changed to be uniform with BF1 ( i.e 3rd party GSP's removed and replaced by EA servers) ?
  • TML8
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is a mixed mode server possible?
  • InSaNeOldGuy
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Braddock512 did not see these questions asked:

!) Will we be able to choose our location (Dallas for instance) ?

2) Will EA keep us at the chosen location ?

3) Will we be able to choose the Internet Infrastructure Provider (InterNAP for instance) ?

4) Will EA keep us at that chosen Provider ?

5) Will we have "All Unlocks" in Private Servers ?
    (This is necessary at LAN Parties to give each player an equal opportunity regardless of time spent in the game unlocking weapons)
  • LaManqueaste
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi, i from South America (Argentina) there will be servers here to rent from DICE? or will be limited to EEUU/Europe/Asia?, can we use console login from the game?, for example, kick, ban, change map, mode, etc.

Thanks in advance.
  • Axlerod1
    1276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    1) Will there be some form of RCON communication that we can use?
    2) Will there be ability to kill, kick or ban players?
    3) Will we have reserved slots?
    4) Will there be customization levels for weapons? Assuming by the screenshots I’m guessing yes but confirmation would be nice.
    Examples: Pistols Only, No Explosives, Infantry Only, Fast Vehicle Respawn.
    5) Can we swap maps at will, or are we limited to adjusting the map rotation only?
    6) Can we restart game rounds at will?
    7) Do we have access to admin yell / say commands?
    8) What game mode limitations will be present?
    9) Will there by ping limits or region locking?
    10) Will we be put in “unranked” if we choose to customize the server with the items in question 4?
    11) What will determine ranked v. unranked?
    12) Will we have the ability to rent private passworded servers?
    13) Will the game modes be locked to specific player counts? Like how rush is limited to 24 players now. Can we set rush to 64 players like conquest?
    14) What type of hardware and connection will these servers be hosted on? Latest Xeon based? Multiple backbone providers?
    15) What type of DDoS protection will be implemented against attacks?
    16) Will server rentals be locked to East Coast, West Coast, Europe, Asia? Or will we have more options like we do with BF4? Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York, Frankfurt, London, Tokyo etc.
    17) What kind of level of support can we expect? What kind of turnaround times on support tickets can we expect to see? Will everyone have the same level of support?
    18) Ability to report cheaters and griefers to the admins.
    19.) If EA is hosting all the servers will we FINALLY have an effective way of reporting admins blatantly violating the EA ToU?
    20.) If there is a way to ban players, will there be any limitations on such? And will there be any provisions for a central ban list of known cheaters?
    21.) Custom messages when players get vanity kills with such weapons as knives, revive mechanic, flare gun etc.
    22) In game balancing?
    23) Language filters?
    24) Punishment system (warn/kill/kick/tban/pban)?
    25) Banlist across servers rented by clan/group?
    26) Votemap / Votekick?
    27) What will be the Cost of the server per slot?
    28) Can you rent less than a 32 man server?
    29) Will tick rates be configurable?
    30) What type of presets will we have for those that want those options?
    31) Will admins need to be in-game to use/monitor server activity of players playing? Monitor from outside server?
    32) Will HARDCORE and/or CLASSIC modes be presets you can search for, or would these setups count as "CUSTOM"?
    33) How will you deal with vanilla map server rotations INCLUDING the DLC maps for players WITHOUT DLC/PREMIUM?
    34) What actual company/companies will be providing the servers to EA/DICE and can we choose where the server is located?
    35) Is mixed mode possible?

Here's the current list I got. I honestly think this covers 99.9% of most peoples concerns. If I think of anymore I'll gladly update this thread for you.
  • swats73
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1/ i would like to know if we are able to phase stats info from server to a MySQL database for chat and player stats.
    2/ kick/ban option.
    3/ votemap
    4/ server spam (clan related) + custom splash screen while loading.
    5/ active server balance (on death player moved)
    6/ map rotation / modes
    7/ adjustable slots i.e. RUSH 48 slot for example
    8/ remote admin of server web based or other, so able to admin from ingame or work for example
    9/ some sort of loadout enforcer for say ESL rules server
    10/ ticket count/timer
    11/ best clan tag announce and best 3 player announce end of round

in no order but some of the stuff I would like
  • Braddock512
    1076 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    will any of these questions ever get answers?

Yes. That's why I'm getting them all together with the help of @ElStryfe and @Axlerod1's efforts. (Thanks guys. REALLY appreciate your help on this.)
    -Braddock512-
  • Deity7777
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Will there be a server coffer for donors or will one person have to fit the bill?

Will renting more than one server be available or is each individual server a tental purchase?

If donors, will the server owner be able to see/manage donors?

Will VIP/white lists be available to server managers?

Will servers be able to be changed on the fly ( a la: change from 64 slots to 32 slots, restart and run)? If so, can slots be mixed and matched? (This is currently a function almost all of us have with GSPs)

How many server managers/admins can be assigned?

Can admins have different levels of authority granted?
  • Deity7777
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    Are Questions useless if there is no promise of an answer ? i think so

I think most if not all of these these questions will be answered. Having said that, I also think your question might get deleted.

Another question, however, is will stupid server character names sort servers in the browser strangely (E.g.; .,-/CLAN\-,.) or will we just get to sort alphabetically.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!