Weekly BF

Top Questions Regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program

Comments

• Braddock512
    1310 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @SteadyFlow Thanks for your feedback. Posting personal information of an employee on the forums is actually a bannable offense, and there was just a warning given. Additionally, private communications between two people should remain private, especially if they are inaccurate or one has miscommunicated. Finally, we don't discuss moderation on this forum. So, this will be the end of this.

Focus on the topic of the thread everyone. Apologies for this minor bump in the road.

-Braddock512-
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2016
    so what we have confirmed:

• ticket count
    • bullet damage
    • modes
    • weapons
    • maps
    • Kill Cam
    • Minimap
    • Friendly Fire
    • 3D Spotting
    • Fog

good you left out something for the next week update :)
    http://i.imgur.com/6XvBgkQ.jpg

what puzzles me, do you pick things at random or there is some system into it?

god bless ya
  • Antivanity
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kL-SnAjP wrote: »

• ticket count
    • bullet damage
    • modes
    • weapons
    • maps
    • Kill Cam
    • Minimap
    • Friendly Fire
    • 3D Spotting
    • Fog

god bless ya

• Braddock512
    1310 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    god bless ya
    Honestly, I post what info I get. The bigger questions are taking a bit longer to answer, but I hope to have some details later today or Tuesday at the latest.
    Thanks again for your patience. I know this is difficult.

-Braddock512-
  • matsif
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    is DICE just simply not communicating with you braddock? this "information" you keep giving out is literally answering NONE of the major questions people have. what is so hard about getting answers to the questions people actually have, instead of this pittance of information that nearly nobody cares about? you have the top questions compiled and say you have sent these to the dev team, but they aren't actually answering those questions. most of us don't care about disabling Fog or the minimap as much as things like ping limiters and server regions.

the way this information is being sent down is simply insulting to us and blatantly anti-consumer.
  • Baabbas
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

• ticket count
    • bullet damage
    • modes
    • weapons
    • maps
    • Kill Cam
    • Minimap
    • Friendly Fire
    • 3D Spotting
    • Fog

god bless ya

I would not take that image for granted....
    some features might even disappear if Ea choose to, their game, their servers.....
    all I see is BF in pc going the same road that console is, the RSP is almost the same so far, and probably will be really the same (only differing in TIck server ) which consoles dont seem to handle much....
    to me is very disappointing, but seems that Ea dont care, they will make their sales money + the servers rentals even with crappy customization (as so far) because that is everything they offer (take it or leave it).

I miss the only 5 snipers per team option.....
    damn
    its annoying to be jumping between squads (when possible) and all of them are made of snipers camping which ends up in a defeat as obvious......ridiculous is not even enough to explain it
  • RevFX-Himsa
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    With all the DDOSING going around is there any sort of protection we will have? A DDOS attack on the servers we pay for all being hosted by 1 company would shut the servers down for quite a while. Is there any compensation system for when they go down for more than a specified time such as 24 hours + ? As much Hate EA/DICE is getting I am sure a ddos attack on the days of server launch are inevitable.
  • RevFX-Himsa
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    matsif wrote: »
    is DICE just simply not communicating with you braddock? this "information" you keep giving out is literally answering NONE of the major questions people have. what is so hard about getting answers to the questions people actually have, instead of this pittance of information that nearly nobody cares about? you have the top questions compiled and say you have sent these to the dev team, but they aren't actually answering those questions. most of us don't care about disabling Fog or the minimap as much as things like ping limiters and server regions.

the way this information is being sent down is simply insulting to us and blatantly anti-consumer.

DICE is communicating but will only allow him to release specific information at specific times. We either need Julian Assange to take a interest here or we wait and get insulted by the information we get. Braddock is only doing his job, the company he is dealing with are the idiots to blame. Thanks for the update Braddock, hopefully your next bit will calm the storms.
  • Porthos1973
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can not believe that the ability to kick and ban was not answered . That should have been one of the first questions they addressed.
  • Braddock512
    Can not believe that the ability to kick and ban was not answered . That should have been one of the first questions they addressed.
    Check the Sticky here https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/34210/battlefield-1-rental-server-program#latest
    Note: One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP.

-Braddock512-

• ElStryfe
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Honestly. Based on what i've seen, just do a screen capture of the server browser page and that's what you can change.
  • FlankerMTL
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Braddock512 I want to thank you for your efforts. That said, the information you're releasing to us is all things we already know. Remember that 100+ page thread discussing server rentals? There was a post on pg. 4 with a picture (http://i.imgur.com/6XvBgkQ.jpg) which already shows us everything you are "informing" us about. This seems like a delaying tactic to me....

Can you give us some real answers to the most important questions? You have the list of questions, I'm sure you know which ones are most important to us.

This is getting kind of ridiculous at this point.
  • R0gueWarrior
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    -Q-DoePa wrote: »

Additional features you can enable/disable in rented servers:

• Kill Cam
    • Minimap
    • Friendly Fire
    • 3D Spotting
    • Fog
    [/i]

WE KNEW THIS ALREADY! From the Beta we figured this out!

I would suggest that you (DICE/EA) have two things, or else there will be a lynching by a lot of Upset Customers.................

- Kick/Ban
    - Hardcore mode

Right now I find it total Bull that someone is able to put a full clip into me as I am knifing them in the throat!
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Where is the news??????
  • FlankerMTL
    edited October 2016
    god bless ya
    Honestly, I post what info I get. The bigger questions are taking a bit longer to answer, but I hope to have some details later today or Tuesday at the latest.
    Thanks again for your patience. I know this is difficult.

-Braddock512-

Braddock...come on man. Saying you post the info you get is so disingenuous. This is info we the players knew about since Beta, I'm sure you knew it too. You've failed to answer our most important questions.

These weekly announcements are quite obviously delaying tactics, by providing us "answers" to things we already knew, instead of answering the real questions.
  • Braddock512
    edited October 2016
    @HIVE-Flanker A delaying tactic would be me not coming to this thread and let it fester with negativity. I'm here, posting what I'm approved to share, and taking a lot of the heat. That's my job. (I'm not complaining, it IS my job.) More importantly, it's my passion because I care about getting information into your hands.

I speak plainly and with absolute truth to you all. As much as I can share, I do. One note: I have an email out, trying to get fast approval, to update AGAIN today.
    Answers to some of the bigger questions. Just got an update from the Dev team about it. (I really hope it goes through all the approvals today. Would really like to let you have that info.)

-Braddock512-
  • FlankerMTL
    @Braddock512 I appreciate that you're working your **** off for us, I really do. I didn't want my comments to come off as mean, but just like you, I speak plainly and will voice my opinion if I feel something is unfair or wrong.

So thank you for what you do, I really mean it.
  • Darknae
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    still waiting to be able to buy the game... @Braddock512 please tell the Dev Team that the faster our terms are fulfilled the more money they will get from us in terms of purchases of the game.
  • CaptaPraelium
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    SteadyFlow wrote: »
    SteadyFlow wrote: »
    And don't give me the ridiculous argument that people will play out-of-region even if they have populated local servers.

There is no argument, it's a fact:
    https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/en/forum/threadview/2955065239077547697/793/

Umm this incoherent thread is for BF4 Console platform where the 3'rd party server community isn't as strong as it is on PC. Also, consoles have only bar-indicators for ping and not actually ping values , where each bar can indicate a huge variance in ping value, hence they never really know how good of a connection they have !

While I'm sure this problem occurs once in a while, it cannot be a rampant issue.

It's absolutely rampant. I know this doesn't support your argument and I doubt have what it takes to admit you're mistaken so I won't bother with you.
    But hey in case I'm wrong we'll start with something small. Console has numerical ping to servers on BF4.
This discussion has been closed.