This Week in Battlefield V

Top Questions Regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program

Comments

• Tireseas
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MagmaDawg wrote: »
    dwysywd wrote: »
    ElStryfe wrote: »
    An old saying comes to mind about DICE and server rentals.. If it ain't broke, why fix it? The rental system we had since 1942 worked just fine. Why re-invent the wheel to further profits? EA already makes a good chunk of the money from RSPs. So, why change a system that is proven to work for countless years.

To make even more money!

Servers cost 66% less than traditional GSP. I don't understand the crying.
    ---
    Will we get 100% traditional features and control for that lower price + equally fast and responsive support as 3rd party hosting companies? I bet most would still pay a higher price while retaining the freedom, features and controls/settings that you currently have/had with past BF titles.
    I fully understand the crying.

@Rev0verDrive Explain to me how wanting 3 servers- a 20 man Dom a 20 man Rush and a 20 man TDM should equal $120.00 per month compared to NFO @ around $90.00 for top quality. NFO Also has a less that 2 minute response time on their support.

Well considering at NFO a 20 man server is $48.38 x 3 = $145.14 ... Redo your math based on 60Hz instead of 30Hz.

Math's hard bro. I mean if DICE can't even figure out a calendar and scheduling can they really expect customers to compare prices?
  • Rev0verDrive
    6726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tireseas wrote:
    Math's hard bro. I mean if DICE can't even figure out a calendar and scheduling can they really expect customers to compare prices?
    Apparently.

There also seems to be a lot of confusion about what an Anti-cheat is compared to a ban stream. e.g. Metabans vs FairFight. And that Metabans, PBScreens, PBBans, GGC, 24/7 FairPlay are free to use, not for profit services that have zero ability to Ban a player from the game as PB/FF would.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @RevFX-Himsa Did my math help you? Any other questions?
  • MouseKiller3
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2016
    Name and shame
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • MouseKiller3
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2016
    Name and shame
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • Solidhammer
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    ... ...
  • RevFX-Himsa
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    @Rev0verDrive Yes sorry I forgot that since I have been with them since 2004 that I get better prices than new customers. Thank you for all your math!
  • Rev0verDrive
    @Rev0verDrive Yes sorry I forgot that since I have been with them since 2004 that I get better prices than new customers. Thank you for all your math!

No problem. For reference I started a new post with NFO and Multiplay comparison prices.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/50568/pc-server-pricing-battlefield-1-vs-battlefield-4
  • Fontaaaaaa
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 New question: Will we be able to disable the pickup heroes? As it looks now, this will be an ESL rule.
    Also important for our community: Will it be possible to rent a server and make someone else full admin?
    In our community someone is in charge of all the finances, but I'm the one who configures and admins the server(s).
  • ChardaTSAR
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bought the game yesterday and I'm loving it. . . .

Besides playing on the constant 220ms ping, because you guys never hosted servers in my country, this game is great

This leads to my next question -

Will South Africa ever get servers/Rent-a-server?? Because 220ms ping is BS
  • Ownst88
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Will Rental Servers be coming out soon?

myself and 20 BF4 clan members are waiting to host our own server and rise to the top and be the very best there is
  • llll-Rogue-llll
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    We also have between 50 and 85 members waiting for server options info before we make the commitment !
  • RevFX-Himsa
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    Name and shame

@MouseKiller3 I take the hit when I make a mistake. That is what is wrong with this sensitive generation, when someone corrects you and you get offended, you have an ego problem.
  • Jaskaman
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Our clan with 40+ members is waiting for rent a server with VIP slots, kicks, bans -and of course clantags. And more info about servers, also this DATE when it's available etc.
  • RevFX-Himsa
    edited October 2016
    Kick and Ban has been confirmed, we just don't know when they are releasing it. VIP slots have not been confirmed and Clan Tags, just go the old fashion way and make people change their Origin names.
  • trig0tron
    324 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    StangV2_0 wrote: »
    @Braddock512 please pass this onto the Authorities.

Here is a thought..

If EA are really serious about using their own servers, and it appears they are.. why not allow the community to choose?

Allow 3rd party servers AND their own servers. At least let the players get a feel for which they prefer. This would also give us a solid idea (and EA) as to what the benefits are of each.

I feel its a big risk to just jump from one option to another overnight.

EA claim to have gone this route in an attempt to offer a better multiplayer experience yet this is not happening. Players are getting annoyed with the high ping while the non high ping players are not enjoying their servers being filled up with laggers. And many are simply not buying the game because they have no guarantee of local servers.

Allow us to choose. Let us have a choice between an EA server and 3rd party. Come the next BF title we would all know which is the better route.

Dude, nobody at EA will get an award, or a feather in their cap for suggesting it. Executives are dumb... they don't know what is good for their product, only how to extract the most revenues from it.
  • Jaskaman
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Kick and Ban has been confirmed, we just don't know when they are releasing it. VIP slots have not been confirmed and Clan Tags, just go the old fashion way and make people change their Origin names.
    Our clan is not gonna change names in origin, because it's connected to many games not only BF games. So it's not the solution.
    Clantags is the only way, it's good and working way to do it. And frankly I do not understand how a Basic thing like that is not already in BF1.
    What worries me that lack of clanplay abilities is making our BF1 channels empty, we used to have 12-15 ppl online last spring for BF4 when we had own servers with procon. Now there is 3-5 players playing BF1 together.
    So if things won't change fast, many clans will abandon BF1. Also that you can rent server in a 1 size only? Does EA think that people will buy 64 slots server for clanwar servers (if that feature is gonna be released)? If they are not renting servers slots By slots, at least they should have options like 16 slots, 20 slots, 24 slots, 32 slots, 48 slots and 64 slots with different price of course.
    Post edited by Jaskaman on
  • The_Spaniard1876
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    player count shouldnt be included in custom server setings, the default values offer the best experience.

thanks for your opinion. the rest of us want to be able to control player count.
  • RevFX-Himsa
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    Our clan is not gonna change names in origin, because it's connected to many games not only BF games. So it's not the solution.
    Clantags is the only way, it's good and working way to do it. And frankly I do not understand how a Basic thing like that is not already in BF1.
    What worries me that lack of clanplay abilities is making our BF1 channels empty, we used to have 12-15 ppl online last spring for BF4 when we had own servers with procon. Now there is 3-5 players playing BF1 together.
    So if things won't change fast, many clans will abandon BF1. Also that you can rent server in a 1 size only? Does EA think that people will buy 64 slots server for clanwar servers (if that feature is gonna be released)? If they are not renting servers slots By slots, at least they should have options like 16 slots, 20 slots, 24 slots, 32 slots, 48 slots and 64 slots with different price of course.

As I was corrected earlier on non grandfathered in pricing. The servers in BF1 run off of 60 Tick, a 20 slot 60 tick from a GSP is more expensive than a 64 slot 60 tick from EA. The pricing with EA is better, the support and security on the other hand still has yet to be confirmed of worth a crap.
  • nukeJP
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So after all of this, we've gotten no enough info to rent a server.

I used to renting bf servers from BF4 and understand how difficult it is to attract players and make a nice community.
    It is sad if players bore and go away to other games by judging there would be no server.
This discussion has been closed.