Conquest Mode Gameplay Mechanism Proposal - Capturing Flags

Lordmang4
2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
edited June 2016
Currently in Conquest Mode, a team is stopped from capturing a flag as soon as it's soldier is killed by the enemy, whether up close or from a far.
My proposal would require the enemy team to have its soldier enter the flag's "area of influence" (a predetermined radius from the flag itself) to kill the enemy soldier that's capturing the flag. Otherwise, killing the enemy from afar (outside the area of influence) would do nothing to prevent the capture of the flag EVEN when the enemy solider is killed.
I think this would encourage more firefights near the flags themselves.

Comments

• DoYuEvenShootBro
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not bad in theory but if i see someone before i reach the flag and kill him,will his influence stop when i cap the flag or will it count as 1-1 until some timer ends?
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Not bad in theory but if i see someone before i reach the flag and kill him,will his influence stop when i cap the flag or will it count as 1-1 until some timer ends?

Once you kill the enemy soldier while you're in the flag's are of influence, his influence stops and yours begins.
    And if a camping sniper should kill you while you're in a weakened state, your influence still continues until a enemy soldier steps into the flag's influence to stop yours (which persists even in death).
  • jeffmasman
    323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I think a compromise should be the downed enemies influence stays where it was (so if he captured half of it, it stays that way until any soldier comes to recapture or capture the flag. Right now, I think it just resets to who we had control if no team is in the objective
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Lordmang4

I actually think that's a really good idea.
    plus 1
  • Lordmang4
    jeffmasman wrote: »
    I think a compromise should be the downed enemies influence stays where it was (so if he captured half of it, it stays that way until any soldier comes to recapture or capture the flag. Right now, I think it just resets to who we had control if no team is in the objective

I think a compromise to your compromise is to allow the downed enemy soldier's influence to persist where it was for a short time only (e.g. 10 seconds). After that short period of time, the downed enemy soldier's influence will be reduced until none exists.
    I think this will encourage more aggressive style of gameplay, while not discouraging it (by allowing the downed soldier's influence to persist where it was for a short time only).
  • jeffmasman
    323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »

I think a compromise to your compromise is to allow the downed enemy soldier's influence to persist where it was for a short time only (e.g. 10 seconds). After that short period of time, the downed enemy soldier's influence will be reduced until none exists.
    I think this will encourage more aggressive style of gameplay, while not discouraging it (by allowing the downed soldier's influence to persist where it was for a short time only).

Well, I'm not saying no, I'll still play it. But may have unintended consequences
  • Lordmang4
    Lordmang4 wrote: »

Well, I'm not saying no, I'll still play it. But may have unintended consequences

I like your suggestion. I'm saying yes to it but with modifications. The goal is to encourage gamers to meet and fight over flags within the flag's area of influence.
  • robkrush
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good idea. I like those fierce fire fights.
  • Lordmang4
    @Lordmang4

I actually think that's a really good idea.
    plus 1
    robkrush wrote: »
    Good idea. I like those fierce fire fights.

Thanks. I also enjoy fierce fire fights and like ideas that encourage them. With up to 64 players on the field at any given time, I think BF games have the strongest potential to host some epic, fierce firefights if the gameplay mechanisms encourage them.