Clantags missing in BF1?

Jaskaman
647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Where is the placeholder for the clantags?
We need them as they existed in BF2, BC2, BF3 and BF4.
Or are they hidden somewhere?

Comments

• redline706899
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Under your soldier tab in game. There's tons of them.
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Under your soldier tab in game. There's tons of them.

There is no Place for a clantag, where you can write your clantag and it shows in the game. Like in my case UP. And I didn't see any of the players wearing any clantag so I guess they haven't put it on. Why not? This should be a big clan game ....
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It is limited content in the access version but I do think their should be clan tags if they already don't have them. C
  • Jaskaman
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    It is limited content in the access version but I do think their should be clan tags if they already don't have them. C
    Yeah, that's my point. They even had clantags in BF4 alpha. This is anyway a final game or close to it with less content.
  • redline706899
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry I misread. I thought you meant the dog tags.

Running on 3 hours of sleep at the moment, apologies.
  • Jaskaman
    Sorry I misread. I thought you meant the dog tags.

Running on 3 hours of sleep at the moment, apologies.

No problems. I just feel like that they want to remove everything clan related or platoon related from Battlefield. But hope there will be a Place for that later.
  • retypeNick
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Clan modifications came pretty slowly to BF4, but they did have tags from get go. They were not tide to the clan in the beginning as there were no clans, if I remember correctly, and you had to change them later.

So I think there will be tags, but clans themselves again come later *sigh*
  • Jaskaman
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, platoons came later but we do not have Battlelog anymore for BF1, so I'm not sure are they going to implement it. I hope they do.
    Meanwhile: placeholder for clantags is needed asap.
  • Jaskaman
    Now we have this mini-battlelog, I think clantags should be added there. They are still missing, I don't think it's too hard to implement :)
  • ThebeardedOne81
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The BiG Problem is.. This is 'Battlefield One' "based on what EA did with Battlefront-star wars". It is not the same as other Battlefields as they said in the EA interview. Like Most modern games they ruin them by pushing a format to sales., instead of quality of game, Dead lines and what can we give players/consumer's for extra money. that is why the top price was over £100 the same as Battlefront..
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    As time goes on games evolve. If it means dropping some things so be it. There's also been a subtle push for playing with "Friends" mentality rather than a Clan type mentality.
  • Jaskaman
    edited October 2016
    There are a lot of PC -clans/communities, who are missing clantags and platoons. Clantags haven't been missing from any Battlefield game before, those reasons that it's based on Battlefront or supporting friends are not the valid reasons. It's not hard to implement those. And frankly it should be added there as fast as possible. Those things should not change and it doesn't evolve the game in a better direction when there are no clantags.
    Post edited by Jaskaman on
  • kwahamoT_0
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I completely agree, been waiting for this. I was told it should have been available on day of release (Yesterday), as I asked a EA support representative, it was just a question I had. It's a complete shame that it's not implemented yet. Hopefully they will be released before or at the time of rental servers being released.
  • WE_BE_KILLING_UM
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bookmarked .....I agree though
  • bigguyhawaii
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How do you edit the picture next to your name. I had it in bf4. Now I got the generic picture.
  • RTFM_Nemesis_FF
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Where are the Clantags? Where are the platoons?
  • staRfckers
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol at people defending them removing it, whats wrong with you people? There is nothing positive about removing a good and convenient feature.
  • Jaskaman
    staRfckers wrote: »
    Lol at people defending them removing it, whats wrong with you people? There is nothing positive about removing a good and convenient feature.
    That's true, there is no reasons to remove clantags and platoons. It does not stop friends playing together if other people have clantags.
    And clantags is a BIG part of BF PC community-has always been and will be. I have been asking them also in Twitter but no response. As a programming point, clantags are easy to add, platoons needs some work since there is no Battlelog´for BF1 -only this webcompanion.
  • Deadman6699
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    staRfckers wrote: »
    That's true, there is no reasons to remove clantags and platoons. It does not stop friends playing together if other people have clantags.
    And clantags is a BIG part of BF PC community-has always been and will be. I have been asking them also in Twitter but no response. As a programming point, clantags are easy to add, platoons needs some work since there is no Battlelog´for BF1 -only this webcompanion.

Its not just the PC community that wants this the PS4 community wants this too. I've been playing BF since 2005 and have always had my clan tag. I just hope they do add them eventually. I've also been trying to contact them on Twitter and finally got a response from Battlefield Bulletin saying "DICE hasn't mentioned anything about platoons in #BF1."
    This kinda has me worried. I just really hope they aren't going full "casual" with this game like they did with Battlefront and using that as an excuse to not add platoons.
  • DavTan
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice ! Add platoons and ingame tags NOW for goodness sake