Consistant really low framerate xbox one

velouriam
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
Both the beta and now the trial have had really bad framerates on my xbox one. No other game I own does this but for some reason bf1 is really bad. Anyone else having issues with this? It's on an external drive and I was wondering if this is causing it (although none of my other games on that drive have issues). I've searched all over and no one else seems to be having this issue. It only seems to be multiplayer too.

Comments

• sykarian30
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    "It's on an external drive"
    Is it one of those for-xbox or grandma's 5 year old one?
  • velouriam
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    It's a nice wd that is compatible with xbox and none of my other games have issues on it. Doesn't matter now though as I just moved my game to internal storage and same major fps issues.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Awesome, good job "optimizing" dice.
  • TheBrain1976
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    no framerate issues here. Game looks and plays phenomenal (playing with the Xbox One S BF1 Edition)
  • DarthTroll3r
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was getting frame rate issues also on both East and West coast conquest servers. Even lagged out/froze once.
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There is an issue after the trial notification pops up, but this is a similar problem to the menu lag in the beta. You're getting frame drops well away from the trial message and any minimizing of windows?
  • velouriam
    edited October 2016
    Yep. The menu still lags a bit, but not nearly as bad as the beta for sure. However, consistent low fps during normal multiplayer gameplay (not in menu, no trial message) is what I experience. It's like the game is struggling to hit 20fps. Also it seems the longer the play session the worse it gets (not for sure on that. But seems the case).

I should mention that I've done numerous hard resets on my xbox as that was suggested in other threads. No luck. This game for some reason has terrible fps for me. Did in the beta and does now. Will probably cancel my preorder and get it on pc I guess which is unfortunate as I have more friends on xbox.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    velouriam wrote: »
    Yep. The menu still lags a bit, but not nearly as bad as the beta for sure. However, consistent low fps during normal multiplayer gameplay (not in menu, no trial message) is what I experience. It's like the game is struggling to hit 20fps. Also it seems the longer the play session the worse it gets (not for sure on that. But seems the case).

I should mention that I've done numerous hard resets on my xbox as that was suggested in other threads. No luck. This game for some reason has terrible fps for me. Did in the beta and does now. Will probably cancel my preorder and get it on pc I guess which is unfortunate as I have more friends on xbox.

20fps?

I find that hard to believe, a bit of exaggeration perhaps?
  • DarkestHour138
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    velouriam wrote: »

Hard resets or factory resets? The factory reset is what is fixing the problems.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/battlefield-1/battlefield-1-troubleshooting/
  • Messy_Celt
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try clearing you cache. Quick google search will tell you how to do it. Take a couple of mins from start to finish. Worth a punt.
  • velouriam
    Noticed yesterday it was only happening on conquest. Domination was buttery smooth. Seems conquest just has too much going on for xbox to handle at times. But these were noticeable stutters as a result of frames dipping below 30. I'm hopeful that the team at Dice will optimize it a bit more in the coming months.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I'm not experiencing this at all. Shame for those that are which may indicate it's a hardware problem rather than the game itself.
  • JoeJitsu973
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone come up with a resolution here? Noticed some slowdown on certain maps when the action got busy last night. Is anyone else getting this?
  • KingTolapsium
    Anyone come up with a resolution here? Noticed some slowdown on certain maps when the action got busy last night. Is anyone else getting this?

Apparently resolution is dynamic, I'm waiting for digital foundry to give us clear details.
  • Mandarlorian
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I experienced frame rate drops to 0 on the Conquest map with the castles I forget what it's called. The game would literally freeze completely for about 2 seconds every 40 sec or so. Really stinks when you're in the middle of a firefight and suddenly the game pauses.... annnnnnd you're dead. :( hope they fix this. Gotta say I'm so stoked about dedicated servers though. Makes that nightmare of Star Wars Battlefront servers almost forgivable.... almost. lol
  • JoeJitsu973
    Mandarlorian, was this on Early Access? I was getting some stuttering last night.
  • nrgizer36
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game looks amazing no issues here and mines on external....people complaining already...get over yourself stop trying to get attention....th3 game is looking and playing very well for a gam3 that hasn't been released yet
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looks and plays great for me running really smooth and crisp,what tvs or monitors are you guys using.
  • JoeJitsu973
    LOL listen here little boy, on 64-person Conquest, the fame rate suffers on occasion when the action gets heavy. It's a fact. Now let the adults finish their conversation.

Anyone else who's experienced my aforementioned issues, let me know. Did a console factory reset or cache clear help? I had the Beta, now Early Access via EA Access, and I will be installing the disc tomorrow when I pick it up from GameStop. May do a complete uninstall before installing the full game tomorrow.
  • JoeJitsu973
    edited October 2016
    Doctor, running on a Panasonic plasma in Gaming mode. input lag is almost nonexistent and the game does look amazing. I simply noticed some slight slowdown during heavy action and pause menu lag, both of which I know other users are experiencing. Hardwired 60 down 60 up connection.

THIS is what I'm referring to...maybe I just need to get more used to console gaming...