Consistant really low framerate xbox one

Comments

• Michaelghmx
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    peops who said they have low fps: do you have the one or one s?
  • JoeJitsu973
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the more I read, the more I think it's just a hardware limitation. I'm used to 60+ FPS on 1080p on my PC, and I just need to get my eyes used to lower FPS and some frame drops on console. Not a big deal.

Xbox One, but the S will not have a noticeable improvement. The only noticeable difference will be HDR if you have a TV that supports it.
  • Mandarlorian
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mandarlorian, was this on Early Access? I was getting some stuttering last night.

yes, on early access, during my 10 hour trial run. It happened a number of times but not enough to warrant a concern. I'm sure they will most likely patch this. Well, I'm hoping they will.
  • Mandarlorian
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    nrgizer36 wrote: »
    Game looks amazing no issues here and mines on external....people complaining already...get over yourself stop trying to get attention....th3 game is looking and playing very well for a gam3 that hasn't been released yet

dude, you can't crap on someone elses personal experience. Good for you that you've had no issues, maybe you just haven't experienced them yet. It's not complaining to bring up a concern.
  • AFR1uk
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    nrgizer36 wrote: »
    Game looks amazing no issues here and mines on external....people complaining already...get over yourself stop trying to get attention....th3 game is looking and playing very well for a gam3 that hasn't been released yet

dude, you can't crap on someone elses personal experience. Good for you that you've had no issues, maybe you just haven't experienced them yet. It's not complaining to bring up a concern.

Thank you, never heard such a stupid reply to someone's problem.

Definitely a hardware issue. More noticeable on the castle map, as it is one of the bigger ones. I did think how they were gonna squeeze these graphics onto a system that's 4years old. Bf4 looked like the limit.

Still a very good job, guess the One S will have to be purchased, I wanna stay on console for this one because of friends.
  • semi3028
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm not seeing a lot of frames droping on my end I'm using a benq monitor
  • Minkyboi
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Okay guys...just to be clear, when the framerate drops, it has nothing to do with the monitor or tv you're using...

I constantly get framerate drops and the game crashed on me completely three times today. I'm playing one of the launch consoles (not Day One edition) so I dunno if that makes a difference. I just figured it was because of literally all the buildings crashing around me plus the weather effects. Sometimes it will freeze for a second or two just like Mandarlorian mentioned earlier.

I'm loving the game but this is really starting to get to me...
  • KnightTemplarXX
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    got this problem too only in the bf games they will fixed i think
  • The_Warminds
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    tldr: great game, looking forward to performance optimization on console.

I can confirm framerate issues on xbox one. Rarely under 30 but often much lower than 60. Seems to affect certain maps more than others. I've noticed it seems to slow when near destructible environments and as each game progresses it seems to improve slightly. It's still playable and I assume there will be some more optimization on the way. Xbox version is irrelevant. There may be slight gains on xbox one S, but this would only be in the order of a few frames. Also motion blur hides it a bit if you have that on. SWBF had some fps problems early on, but eventually ran at nearly constant 60 so let's hope dice have some improvements on the way. Either way, its an amazing game... I think my gtx 1060 (OC 2000mhz) would play this on ultra with 60 fps so I may move to pc, but my friends are on xbox as well. xbox gpu is 853mhz... cpu 8x1.75ghz.... so its amazing dice can even get this game to run on an xbox at all.

edit: I'm using an external hdd. spins faster than the internal drive but I noticed my friend using the internal was getting faster loading times in between games than I was. will try internal as well.
  • Ztigmatta
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The match results/scoreboard menu is horribly slow for sure after each game.
  • SAINT311
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yup can confirm pretty bad drops in fps. Have a couple friends experiencing the same thing. Hard reset of console and modem helped a bit but I think it might be map related...it's definitely more noticeable on certain maps. Almost feels like the old BF4 rubber band but it's clearly the fps dropping out... sometimes to a full on freeze for a couple seconds then it comes back. Would really like to see DICE patch this up along with the menu lag. Great game but these drops in fps need to be patched ASAP.
  • Michaelghmx
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sold my Xbox One yesterday and directly bought a One S and yeah, no Problems on that console. It runs smooth no framedrops since playing on the S
  • JoeJitsu973
    One S users are reporting frame drops as well. The hardware difference between One and One S is not significant enough to result in vastly improved frame rates. This is an optimization problem on Dice's end.
  • semi3028
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hopefully they get this situated for u guys
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One S users are reporting frame drops as well. The hardware difference between One and One S is not significant enough to result in vastly improved frame rates. This is an optimization problem on Dice's end.

I think the system being newer means it's less likely to have a cache issue.

I reset my ps4 (unplugged for five minutes) and things seemed a little quicker, so it could very well be a cache issue, and not something linked specifically to hardware.
  • JoeJitsu973
    Quick update: unplugged the power cord from back of xbox to do the clear cache method. Then did a hard reset (not factory reset) of the box. Might be overkill since I read that a hard reset also clears cache, but eh. After that, loading into game was significantly faster, and performance in-game was near perfect for over 2 hours. 64-person conquest. it was glorious.
  • ScootLagoose
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I experienced frame rate drops to 0 on the Conquest map with the castles I forget what it's called. The game would literally freeze completely for about 2 seconds every 40 sec or so. Really stinks when you're in the middle of a firefight and suddenly the game pauses.... annnnnnd you're dead. :( hope they fix this. Gotta say I'm so stoked about dedicated servers though. Makes that nightmare of Star Wars Battlefront servers almost forgivable.... almost. lol

Is this what it looked like?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1XwNAc_gUyk&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • BusterOfCherry
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have Xbox One and have had this issue twice. It feels like the frame rate drops to the single digits. I have to hit the xbox button and quit the game and restart it to resolve the issue. It's not like when on PC and you have low frame rates ina zone and then looking at the ground and facing a different direction to bring the rates back up.

When the issue happens you are stuck on bad frame rates until the game is killed and restarted.
  • mambonuts60
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have had an Xbox 1 for about 2 years. I bought a 1 TB external drive, to dump my games on. There has been absolutely no framerate issues, even in the most intense moments.
  • Tevetot
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I experienced frame rate drops to 0 on the Conquest map with the castles I forget what it's called. The game would literally freeze completely for about 2 seconds every 40 sec or so. Really stinks when you're in the middle of a firefight and suddenly the game pauses.... annnnnnd you're dead. :( hope they fix this. Gotta say I'm so stoked about dedicated servers though. Makes that nightmare of Star Wars Battlefront servers almost forgivable.... almost. lol

Is this what it looked like?

Scoot, just to chime in here. That's exactly what mine does every so often. Seems to start occurring after I've been playing a couple of matches. The first match usually runs ok without issues but then I occasionally start seeing this stuttering/flash freezing effect.