Consistant really low framerate xbox one

13»

Comments

• Thedvdmonster
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    i have a xbox one s with a new external drive and get the same thing all the time, driving me nuts.
    Its as if your player is stuck in the mud, you start running then keeping doing an extra few steps on the spot then carry on running.
    really bad in jungle map and desert which i had zero problems with on the beta.
    still an amazing game but this wee fly in the ointment (and the wait for hardcore) are a bug i could do without.
    also on 100mb connection so can't try and blame it on lag.
  • guy_0P
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    **** lag man. It's killing it. I'm so done with these cheep servers absolutely sucking ****
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i have a xbox one s with a new external drive and get the same thing all the time, driving me nuts.
    Its as if your player is stuck in the mud, you start running then keeping doing an extra few steps on the spot then carry on running.
    really bad in jungle map and desert which i had zero problems with on the beta.
    still an amazing game but this wee fly in the ointment (and the wait for hardcore) are a bug i could do without.
    also on 100mb connection so can't try and blame it on lag.

Bandwidth has nothing to do with latency or stability.

It sounds like you are having significant packet loss. You should check the netgraph.
  • TheLastDiddler
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Quick update: unplugged the power cord from back of xbox to do the clear cache method. Then did a hard reset (not factory reset) of the box. Might be overkill since I read that a hard reset also clears cache, but eh. After that, loading into game was significantly faster, and performance in-game was near perfect for over 2 hours. 64-person conquest. it was glorious.

Strange I've done this multiple times and its still awful.
  • TheLastDiddler
    I have had an Xbox 1 for about 2 years. I bought a 1 TB external drive, to dump my games on. There has been absolutely no framerate issues, even in the most intense moments.

I just fail to believe that, you must just not be perceptive to it.
  • DrMorteforU
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm glad to have found this thread.

My game while playing online turns completely unplayable. I'm talking about frozen screens that last for half a second or so in all maps and every 20 or 30 seconds. If accttion gets bigger around my player the problem gets even worse, the screen freezes when I'm aiming and the next thing I see 1 second later is that my player is hitting ground.

I have checked my NAT, the latency... Everything is right. Then I go and try playing Halo 5, Battlefield 4, Titanfall and there are no issues, they all run smoothly.

I have some friends playing the game on Xbox one and they say they don't have this super-lag problem.

How can this happen to only some players on same plattform?
  • SingularityEra
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes i am still getting really low frame rates, this patch did not remedy anything on that front, but now the patch has added more problems for me, along with frame drops i am getting awful server and network troubles and longer loading times and there is always a circular loading symbol on the top right of my screen, what on earth is going on with this game? it appears to be getting worse performance wise and i am very let down because i want to enjoy the game.
  • TheLastDiddler
    Still having these problems and nobody at DICE is acknowledging them. One more month and then it's over for me, starting to not care at all.
  • hipmarco
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The Xbox One S does not like external drives for BF1. Had same problem. Install on internal drive and see how that works. Fixed my lag issues.
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    hipmarco wrote: »
    The Xbox One S does not like external drives for BF1. Had same problem. Install on internal drive and see how that works. Fixed my lag issues.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but this goes against everything everyone is saying on the forums. The majority are claiming external is better including myself. But I also have mine running on an external SSD drive. I'm curious though because I've never actually tried running the game on the internal drive. I run all my games from an external drive because past performance has shown they load faster.
  • TheLastDiddler
    hipmarco wrote: »

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but this goes against everything everyone is saying on the forums. The majority are claiming external is better including myself. But I also have mine running on an external SSD drive. I'm curious though because I've never actually tried running the game on the internal drive. I run all my games from an external drive because past performance has shown they load faster.

We shouldn't have to do that. You really shouldn't see a major FPS increase on an external
  • Decado_Killer
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    alot slower than the ps4 and 3 times slower than the pro...why would anyone buy the xbox just wait for the scorpio and avoid pc for aaa title's the playerbase here has proven it close to noone is on pc for bf1 it's pathetic.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    alot slower than the ps4 and 3 times slower than the pro...why would anyone buy the xbox just wait for the scorpio and avoid pc for aaa title's the playerbase here has proven it close to noone is on pc for bf1 it's pathetic.

Necro-ing a thread to troll your console brothers?

What kind of a soldier are you?
  • Rancherlee
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Last time I checked the regular PS4 has even worse frame rates than the XB1 in this game, Even the pro doesn't maintain 60fps. This game is held back by the processor when it comes to frame rate and all 3 systems use the same processor at different clocks.