No Joystick Support*

Comments

• Undert0ker
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    Amen

It is doable and Dice will do it, but it is something they ought to have had ready for day one.
    Why they don't see it as important is beyond me.

Basically PC flyers that need their sticks will simply fall further and further behind until Dice see fit to implement it, typically that's months after release day.

So for those of us waiting for joystick support I'd say it'll come around January / February in a future patch as historically we all do the same posts that they always ignore and then it appears months later

But they sadly won't address it yet, in fact they won't even acknowledge the issue has been raised by us all....

What can we do but just wait for someone from Dice to be bothered enough (and polite enough) to talk about it

I for one, would be very interested to hear from Dice as to why they repeatedly omit joystick support from release day builds of battlefield PC titles, despite knowing in advance that a vast number of PC players will and do rely on the interface to be able to play properly.
    But I'm not holding my breath because I know historically they are not bothered about us.

*sigh, it's inexcusable really if we are all honest, for a £100+ game.
  • Origen_UnKnOwN
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How many people have to add their names to this list before DICE reacts?. Just confirms the arrogance of these big software developers.
    Pathetic!
  • SirePilot
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I bought the game yesterday and to my surprice there was no joystick support. Is it possible to release a wargame with planes in 2016 and not have joystick support? I will ask for a refund at once and buy it later when they fix this.
  • Andydigital80
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They do it to appease the console manufacturers, full joystick support on PC would be a major sales advantage and would lose them too many high profit sales on console. Releasing full joystick support months after release on PC makes them even more money as the get a second sale when people migrate to the master race that is PC ;p
  • CONVEEEN
    172 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I update today the patch, just check if Joystick works and voila (here is) still NO Joystick Support!
  • CovjekRazaraK
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had " zero " issues in BF3 / BF4 with using my extreme 3D pro - not sure wtf all these people are talking about with issues ..
  • Undert0ker
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    Whose mentioned bf3 and 4 ?
    I used my Logitech 3D pro in bf3 and bf4 as well and it worked well, but neither worked on release day, it was some time after they patched it into bf3 and bf4

But sadly not in bf1 so far
    It is not picked up at all by the game so cannot be mapped
    Come on dice talk to us please about this !!!!
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CONVEEEN wrote: »
    I update today the patch, just check if Joystick works and voila (here is) still NO Joystick Support!
    Damn. I had hoped for it. I can live with my limited saitek x52 features until it will be resolved. Miss though separate throttle.
  • nz_Jackal
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    game released - no joystick support for Thrustmaster joystick. - worked well in BF4, can start to configure in advanced control options (turning on options for flight control but can not bind any keys to settings - it's as if it doesn't see the joystick = can anybody help me out ?
  • Undert0ker
    Dice have a deal with Microsoft to try and force people to buy an Xbox controller
    It's that simple sadly
  • trombita33
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ...we have had the same "uprising" in beta,, about not having even basic joystick support,, but hack, that was beta.... this is just shows how much DICE cares about what gamers actually wants in the game,,,very elemental and easy fix, yet they just don`t give a ..ck ,,,another ported console game to pc,,which has a high potential to be a great game,,if only.......
  • Demon_82
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've been able to use my Thrustmaster Afterburner Top Gun II in all previous BF games, and this time I expect the same, even if late. I thought the beta was just lacking it but expected it in the full product. And i do have a gamepad, but my Logitech Rumblepad II is sitting there just for racing and sports games, not for flying.
  • trombita33
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Demon_82 wrote: »
    I've been able to use my Thrustmaster Afterburner Top Gun II in all previous BF games, and this time I expect the same, even if late. I thought the beta was just lacking it but expected it in the full product. And i do have a gamepad, but my Logitech Rumblepad II is sitting there just for racing and sports games, not for flying.

..i have that same gamepad,,but i don`t think you can even map that in the game ? it did not work in the beta, but at least would be something other than mouse and keyboard for flying until they fix the damn thing..
  • Demon_82
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    trombita33 wrote: »
    ..i have that same gamepad,,but i don`t think you can even map that in the game ? it did not work in the beta, but at least would be something other than mouse and keyboard for flying until they fix the damn thing..
    As far as I know... no, it doesn't work. Not that I've tried hard to use it though xD
  • HaoleBrah
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well, new update was released and still no joystick support. :|

Patch notes: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/44346/battlefield-1-update-10242016
  • Undert0ker
    edited October 2016
    Well I hope dice have earned well doing a deal with Xbox to only support their controllers, because that's clearly what's happened
    Disgusting service from dice
  • Dark_Alex_2002
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please Dice, add joystick support ! My Logitech 3D Pro doesn't work. I also have the scroll wheel of my G500 that doesn't scroll through the weapons ! Please fix it.
    Apart those 'small problems' the game works very well and is great. Thanks.
  • IksRaeiDrei
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I want to use my Thrustmaster joytstick, please.

An official statement would be nice though..

Thanks.
  • Undert0ker
    edited October 2016
    They won't reply
    They will eventually sort it, but historically it'll be when they are sure that as many Xbox controllers as possible will have been purchased. That's clearly an agreement they have with Microsoft
    It's bloody sad on dices part that they would treat the PC community like this, but they do it with every new release now sadly.
    You'd expect better, but you won't get it.