No Joystick Support*

Comments

• CONVEEEN
    172 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There fix some issus with the XBox controller on PC. What crap. I think more people wanna play with a joystick than with a damn controller from a console....
  • goslin23
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am extremely disappointed that there is actually a dedicated xbox style controller section on a PC game but absolutely NO support for a flight stick. If flying were just a part of a single campaign mission I could understand, but flying planes is a MAJOR part of the game. Why on earth would Dice ignore this?
  • Undert0ker
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    goslin23 wrote: »
    I am extremely disappointed that there is actually a dedicated xbox style controller section on a PC game but absolutely NO support for a flight stick. If flying were just a part of a single campaign mission I could understand, but flying planes is a MAJOR part of the game. Why on earth would Dice ignore this?

Purely for a payment from Microsoft
    There is no other reason
    Dice as always remain silent, totally disrespecting the people who made them the force they are today

• TrademarkTM
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Previously stated by DICE numerous times. "Thank you all for the input and support". Yeah... hey thanks for selling us out on PC for console junkies and giving us the leftovers....
  • hellowalrus1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Saitek Cyborg Evo 2 please :)
  • killerbake
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Previously stated by DICE numerous times. "Thank you all for the input and support". Yeah... hey thanks for selling us out on PC for console junkies and giving us the leftovers....

? All modern pc games have Xbox Controller support. It has been known as part of the WIN10 initiative. We just need more modern joysticks.

Anyone try this?

http://www.x360ce.com/
    xinput1_3.dll (Library) - Translates XInput calls to DirectInput calls - supports old, non-XInput compatible GamePads.
  • Undert0ker
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There is no reason they did not include USB joystick support other than to punt out Xbox controllers
    We shouldn't have to run emulation software on a £100+ title.
    Dice need to step up and fix it.

The most annoying part about it was they deliberately included the joystick area but greyed it out in the beta to give everyone the impression joysticks would be supported

It's a really poor showing by Dice, they ought to apologise frankly to everyone affected
  • soupy48
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    killerbake wrote: »

? All modern pc games have Xbox Controller support. It has been known as part of the WIN10 initiative. We just need more modern joysticks.

Anyone try this?

http://www.x360ce.com/
    xinput1_3.dll (Library) - Translates XInput calls to DirectInput calls - supports old, non-XInput compatible GamePads.

Really....do we need more modern keyboards and mice?????
    As far as the emulator for the joysticks...was there not a question about it being considered a hack....and yet no response from EA/DICE.

I also don't think the MODERATORS (@StarscreamUK) should not try to to tell us, THE CUSTOMER, how we should use the game pad instead of a joystick. Why not also tell us how to play the game.

If this is not fixed, I will not purchase any more EA/DICE games. I guess they do not care about the customer.

EA/DICE......man up and tell us what the future will be........RESPOND
  • StoneyTony
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes please put joystick controls, Will never get any plane kills unless im a gunner while people are flying that can fly. Sucks when they jump out and screens says accident when you die.
  • M4NTECA-007
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've tried x360CE with many other steam games for using another gamepad IPEGA. It works 100% fine. Now i got a 360 controller and i miss the buttons from the ipegga to increase or decrease the volume of game :D.

Must try the 360 controller with bf... planes are going to be much more easier to me cause i've played a lot on PS3 :D
  • Oracl3man
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    goslin23 wrote: »

This
  • Franz16
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just hope it comes some time soon, nobody in their right mind flys with a XBOX Controller!
  • S1CKKwidIT
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    New Update. Slowly reading the changelog, hoping they added support for joysticks.........................NOPE!
  • Durden0
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lol why did they bother to leave the joystick bindings in there if it's not supported?

I 'Me too'd this bug report.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/joysticks-don-t-work/m-p/5649054#M388
  • Undert0ker
    Durden0 wrote: »
    lol why did they bother to leave the joystick bindings in there if it's not supported?

I 'Me too'd this bug report.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/joysticks-don-t-work/m-p/5649054#M388

How annoying, so the simply don't deem it important enough to have in on day one, when we all want it........ muppets
  • Megapsychotron
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Count me among the users here highly surprised and disappointed that there isn't any joystick support. DICE forgetting their roots or something?? This is a PC game! I know the consoles are big business, but this franchise started on PC! And really, there isn't any good excuse.
    In the meantime, I'm using an Xbox One controller just for the planes, but of course it isn't the same. Better than mouse and keyboard, which is a terrible way to fly.
    They better patch it in soon.
  • CONVEEEN
    172 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yeah and as a punishment bring force feedback working too!
  • CustomerChair
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Unbelievable. I have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, probably the most common joystick out there, and it doesn't work with this game! Had no problems using it in 3, 4 or Hardline (used another stick in 1942 and 2 - I've been flying jets and helis in these games for forever). It's really sad that DICE has turned their back on the PC players like this.

I posted during the closed beta that joystick support had better be in the full game. I made sure to repeatedly mention that in all the surveys and feedback reports I filled out. I guess they don't really read that stuff.
  • AirAardvark
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

so this turned up on google watch...

http://windowsreport.com/battlefield-1-joystick-support/

I am not sure when we will see it.
  • AirAardvark
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

here's one I gave to dice/ea

--
    I know you folks at DICE have a burgeoning customer base in the console market, I get it.

but BATTLEFIELD is a passion for many many gamers out there, and has been since 1942. the physics, the flight dynamics, the sheer mastery of the flight skills involved.
    joysticks were heralded, and the jockeys of the PC world were in some blissful heaven, every time the pirouetted an a apache in a spiral to come hovering over a helipad to repair. remember the desert combat mod? that was PC stick flight to the max!

I truly get why you are paying so much attention to the console market.. that's where the really big revenue is..
    but your faithful, you devoted, and your most loyal of battlefield soldiers cut their teeth on mastering stick flight..
    we created the community, we helped create the enterprise battlefield has become.

don't let us down now..

please implement joystick mapping.. it's really not that hard, and your biggest fans will love you for it.

then may even buy your *next* game..

-vark