No Joystick Support*

Comments

• Kuiriel
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    That tweet means nothing, unfortunately. We got the same response for Battlefront. Same response for GTA V (different devs, but still). There is no support for joysticks at all in BF1.

I'ts the stock standard way of saying "We don't know" or "We're not authorized to say no" or "It's unlikely but we haven't been told to rule it out" or "I didn't go and ask" or "Have you seen Westworld? Some day. Some day you'll have joystick support. But you'll forget because we reboot your memories every week."

A dev response is more likely to be relevant. I don't know if any of the devs engage with the community any more after they had reddit problems. :(

I've raised it on reddit for visibility, hopefully.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5856c6/ea_dice_renames_joystick_to_stick_drops_all_joy/
    Post edited by Kuiriel on
  • Undert0ker
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    I hope for Dices sake the joysticks work or I will be getting a refund until such time as they are and I'll continue use to play bf4 and squad.
    You have been warned Dice.
    Omitting this basic feature will cost you a lot of refunds on release day.
  • SirBobdk
    4764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Since this is the next page, i'm gonna write this again.

I have a Saitek Joystick and i could make the stick become a mouse using the profile editor.
    I have only tried it in BF4, but I could get it to work with all joystick options removed and with only mouse and keyboard bind.
    I could not feel any difference. Damn i dont have more early access time left. I think it will work.
  • Undert0ker
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    Im going to be contacting them today about a refund. I played beta with no joystick support and saw stick greyed out so I was hopeful. Played trial today and its till grayed out. Ive always been a pilot in bf and ive always used legit flight controls. This feels like a total let down. I was real excited to get down in a bi plane with my saitek. using game pad or mouse and keyboard has taken all the realism out for me. Back to Star Citizen I go.

Agreed
    I'll also be asking for a refund if they haven't supported joysticks on day one.
    You cannot have a game with biplanes in and not have stick support, if they have been stupid enough to do that I'll take my money back until it's in.
    This will cost Dice a lot of money if they have been stupid enough to omit it.
  • 4RG0mon
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    I was a joystick user in BF2 and 42, and I tried everything with BF3 and BF4 to no avail. Emulators didn't even work right. You just have to learn to use the mouse and accept it. They are not going to change anything.
  • Undert0ker
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    wtf.... i bought this game thinking the greyed out joystick section was just because it was the beta...... i bought a new joystick for this game. this is pathetic and false advertising if they have joystick menus but than do not support them.... wtf...
    Precisely. it is misleading and you are a good example. The option is there, but it does not work. Will it work, well that's up to the consumer to decide, because EA don't respond to the question.
    Will the consumer use the 24 hour rule for a refund ". Probably not since the option is there and it is probably perceived as a problem to be solved later.
    Consumers will buy this game in good faith (joystick users) in order to be sorely disappointed, so we try to draw attention to this problem.
    EA should answer this question so that the consumer is informed before purchasing.
    Amen to that

• Undert0ker
    4RG0mon wrote: »
    I was a joystick user in BF2 and 42, and I tried everything with BF3 and BF4 to no avail. Emulators didn't even work right. You just have to learn to use the mouse and accept it. They are not going to change anything.

i use a Logitech 3d pro stick and that has worked fine in both bf3 and 4
    It had better work in bf1 or the game is off the hard drive, its that simple, Ive plenty else i can play till they support the PC version properly and if they don't then the game simply isn't for me or anyone else who is a committed PC player

That's the thing with PC platform, you either support it or you don't and if you don't then we as a community have to make sure that costs a lazy developer in their pockets, if we do not stick together we risk losing the platform altogether

i will get a refund until this game supports a joystick fully and if it doesn't, then its the first battlefield title since 1942 i wont be buying.
  • Kuiriel
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    I have a Saitek Joystick and i could make the stick become a mouse using the profile editor. I have only tried it in BF4, but I could get it to work with all joystick options removed and with only mouse and keyboard bind. I could not feel any difference. Damn i dont have more early access time left. I think it will work.

It's not BF4. People have tried. There really is less joystick support this time. Do not buy the game and say you'll refund it afterwards: You already know.

They have NOT supported joysticks in BF1. There is no support at all. It has been repeatedly confirmed here, in EA Answers and on reddit. Your only option is a dinput to xinput conversion emulator such as xe360ce (see various threads on it around here) - unless we can get some word from DICE otherwise.
  • SirBobdk
    4764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    In the Saitek profile editor you can change the X-axis to mouse x-axis and the y-axis to mouse y-axis.
    My joystick now act exactly like a mouse in all programs, even in this forum. Have anyone tried that in BF1.
    Edit:
    You can also assign 4 buttons
    1. Left mouse
    2. Right mouse
    3. Scroll down
    4. Scroll up
    If i can use it in all programs, excell, word, explorer, then why not in BF.
    It also work in "heroes and generals"
    Post edited by SirBobdk on
  • xxxRazerbackxxx
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Just set up my refund 5 to 10 business days and let them know how I felt about it. Sad I used to love this franchise. See ya battlefield.
  • Kuiriel
    SirBobdk, sadly it's not the same thing at all. The degree of movement - the degrees of control - are different. You don't want your joystick to behave like a mouse. You want it to be better than a mouse. You're better off using xe360ce to make joystick emulate controller than you are making a joystick mirror mouse and keyboard.
  • SirBobdk
    edited October 2016
    Kuiriel wrote: »
    SirBobdk, sadly it's not the same thing at all. The degree of movement - the degrees of control - are different. You don't want your joystick to behave like a mouse. You want it to be better than a mouse. You're better off using xe360ce to make joystick emulate controller than you are making a joystick mirror mouse and keyboard.
    I total agree and i might use xe360ce, but i had no problem flying with this profile in BF4, and I'm rather sensitive when it comes to flying.
    At least there are two temporary solutions
    I have not tried any of them in BF1, so I can not say whether they are satisfactory.
    it annoys me that I didn't tried them.
    The best solution is that EA solves the problem.
  • Di3got3
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    4RG0mon wrote: »

I actually use Thrustmaster T-16000M Flight Stick in BF4 and BF3, configured without any problem.
    I really hope they change this for the release. At least give a proper answer to the flight community
  • xxxRazerbackxxx
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They are not going to just like they never solved it for the issue battlefront. I had flawless preference from my x52 in bf4 and bf3 this sux bigtime to have no support for pilots when you have planes in your effign game!! How could they be this dence!
  • Blackbeardrs
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I started a Thread in the Beta about this very Topic, Joystick Support..Answered by Support that "Hint it will be included in the Full Release"....In the options menu "STICK" it is Faded, cannot be highlighted or altered to a different key setup. I am asking again, When will we get the Joystick Support added?
    Cannot be that hard since it was in previous Battlefield Games and I am Positive EA/DICE would make many of us Happy.
  • Kuiriel
    edited October 2016
    Blackbeardrs, do you have a link to that post? Or a screenshot of it so we can raise it with the devs?

EDIT: I no longer have access to this forum. Great way to silence dissent. :(
    Post edited by Kuiriel on
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We need Joystick support for Logitech extreme 3d Pro , i tried every thing i know to set it up, it seems that it cant even read it as if its unplugged , any clue ?
  • xcasxcursex
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Someone started a new thread since this one is being buried in the forum. Linking it here for reference only. Please continue to use this thread.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/37637/it-s-microsoft-that-s-holding-back-on-joystick-support#latest

I say again: Please continue to use THIS thread. That link is just for your info.
  • xcasxcursex
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ...and another dupe thread

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/19350/joystick-controls-greyed-out-in-key-binder

Again, that link is just for your info. please continue to use THIS thread.
  • BiggerDixInYa
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Xb1 controller works like a dream.