No Joystick Support*

Comments

• xcasxcursex
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's nice, but this thread is about flight sticks, not thumb sticks.

Thanks for bumping though :) It's hard to keep it visible.
  • xcasxcursex
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    LGYT ILY. Thanks for merging threads for us!

In the other thread, @CaptNumbNutz asked, how will x360ce get you banned.

I'll try to plain-english this one, and also try not to tell people how to hack. Nerds, please forgive any inaccuracies or oversights, there's a lot I can't describe here without decribing how to hack a game.

The game goes looking for joysticks, by referring to some code built into windows. That code is called the XInput API, and the actual code is stored in a .DLL file, which is located in your /Windows/System32 directory. So, when the game wants to talk to your xbox controller, it goes looking for this file. You can trick the game into using any file by the same name, by placing that file in system32 - but that would break all windows support of joysticks - OR, as in the case of x360ce, by placing it in the directory where the game is running, which leaves windows unhamred but changes things for the game. This is called 'intercepting the call' and I guess that term decribes itself well. The game thinks it is calling out to windows' joystick code, but it isn't. It's talking to something else.

Trouble is, that's exactly how lots of hacks work.... They move your aim by a robot that intercepts calls. So, anti-hacking tools can flag you as a hacker, since your input is not legit.

This is why the developers of x360ce recommend not to use it online, and why I do. Nobody wants to see you being banned for hax if you aren't even hacking.
  • Blackbeardrs
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kuiriel wrote: »
    Blackbeardrs, do you have a link to that post? Or a screenshot of it so we can raise it with the devs?

I went to the Bug Reporting site setup during the Beta only to find, Sadly, that it has been taken down and linked back to here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-1/ct-p/battlefield-one-en which is no way connected to what I reported. Fact is that EA/DICE will only fix this if it Benefits them, I will say only that it is the same on other forums for their Games.....but I really Hope they heed to our request, as I Stated before; If support was in BF 3, BF 4, BFBC 2 even then why not Battlefield 1 !
  • CONVEEEN
    172 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can you answer DICE, please?
  • LARBuddha
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just ran the Early Enlister Edition of the full released game and NO USB joystick support. The game is looking for XInput and not DXInput. This means if you don't have a controller that can masquerade as an XBox controller then the game WILL NOT see it. I would LOVE to fly but I can't with a M/K or Gamepad. I know that is personal short coming but...

Dice can you please put some old school DirectX joystick support in BF1? Or at least weigh in on the x360ce code in an official capacity - Go or No Go?
  • DevilDoc_Volkov
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Poor design to not include a HOTAS or any other flight stick, can a company really over look this?? Talk about a pain in the ($*& get with the program DICE, I mean haven't you run into this with every battlefield you come out with? oh we forgot flight stick support, you guys figure it out(never a real fix).
  • 21_Anarchy_21
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Just use x360ce emulator works a treat
    With my x52pro and throttle.
    On battlefront bf4.bf3.
    Not sure about bf1 mind u never tried yet

Hope this helps

http://wiretuts.com/how-to-use-x360ce-emulator-with-pc-games/
  • DARWINMCLOVIN
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Star Wars Battlefront, the cousin of BF1, has good joystick support, so when can we ungray it in BF1 and making many of us smile?? (Hotas X10)
  • CONVEEEN
    172 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just use x360ce emulator works a treat
    With my x52pro and throttle.
    On battlefront bf4.bf3.
    Not sure about bf1 mind u never tried yet

Hope this helps

http://wiretuts.com/how-to-use-x360ce-emulator-with-pc-games/

It is not really working and you can get banned for that in BF1
  • CONVEEEN
  • CONVEEEN
    Kuiriel wrote: »
    ROFL, Conveen! Don't wait! Send it in now! And then post about it on Reddit and email the photos to Kotaku etc. That'll get a little bit of attention.

I will do it for sure!! B)
  • eraser888
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi,

As many other, my joystick doesn't work in BF1. It is a ThrustMaster T-Flight Hotas X. FYI, It worked very well in BF4.

Does someone are able to play with his joystick whatever brand it is?
  • DARWINMCLOVIN
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Star Wars Battlefront has joystick support, and the game engine (Frostbite) is related to BF1,
    is it possible to copy/ cross pollinate some setting file from that game to activate it in BF1?
  • Pyryck
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So once again, joystick support is to be an issue and a major influence on whether to keep the game or seek a refund. :(

I've mentioned the issue to my BF buddies that I've played every BF title with since BF2 and for most of them this issue determines whether they open their wallet or not.
  • skipperlipicus
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2016
    can't believe they launched bf1 without joystick support.

if they're going to patch-in joystick support within the next few weeks, ok. Otherwise i'd like a full refund.
  • CONVEEEN
    Pyryck wrote: »
    So once again, joystick support is to be an issue and a major influence on whether to keep the game or seek a refund. :(

I've mentioned the issue to my BF buddies that I've played every BF title with since BF2 and for most of them this issue determines whether they open their wallet or not.

I understand and I see it also like this!
  • claorairsniper
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Why no answers ???? how dumb is it to release a game that is super hyped about the dog fights it could have and then not have joysticks.... i dont get it.....
  • GreenSweeper77
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Pyryck wrote: »

Somehow missed this thread, as posted in a different thread I just had EA do support call back and got a refund on the deluxe preorder and the premium pass order because there’s no joystick support, took all of 10 minutes from the time I requested a callback till they processed my refund so in that regards I was impressed. Back to BF4 for me until there is either joystick support or the price of the game drops significantly where I can overlook them overlooking such an important part of the BF gameplay experience on PC.
  • Kaleshadow61
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What a fool I am, I pre-ordered before I knew about the No joystick support....I want my money back !
  • GreenSweeper77
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What a fool I am, I pre-ordered before I knew about the No joystick support....I want my money back !

You can get your money back, I preordered when preorder first came out and then got the premium pass afterwards. Took me all of 10 min to get my refund processed from the time I initiated a support issue.