Will BF1 Fail yes or no ?

RODR1GU3Z_619
68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Yes or No ? No buts , no if's , yes or no ?
Straight up

Comments

• tb1302au
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Looks more like bf4 than hardline! Going to go with my gut and say no
  • RODR1GU3Z_619
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    tb1302au wrote: »
    Looks more like bf4 than hardline! Going to go with my gut and say no
    I'm saying yes . I see players getting bored fast
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No, It'll last at least as long as BF4.
  • tb1302au
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Really? Seeing the varity from the trailer it looks much more diverse than hardline or bf4. Never know though...
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2016
    Straight up a no

The setting has more potential for gameplay I personly like.
    More hardcore vs casual.
    If it goes further down the path of casual I am out
  • RODR1GU3Z_619
    tb1302au wrote: »
    Really? Seeing the varity from the trailer it looks much more diverse than hardline or bf4. Never know though...
    I never go by the trailer . Sure every trailer to every game looks cool but its all about the game play
  • bf1helicopter
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No it won't fail. Next question
  • flappymuncher
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No it wont fail but I can see a lot of people getting bored. WW2 would have been better, or perhaps a mix of both.

No heavy tanks (wooopee) sniper weapons are pant and noob tubing simply aint going to be an option :)

however, was WW1 not all about trench warfare?
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, WW1 in a modern "AAA" engine will be amazing.
  • afnav130
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    If they coddle to the whiners and 12 years olds it will fail because they will just have a reskinned BF4. If they stick true with none of these stupid experimental weapons and scopes that everyone and their brother know weren't even close to being widespread they will be fine. Iron sights and heavy, heavy water cooled MGs.

One holo or reflex sight will end the idea of this game. They will have catered to the whiners and 12 year olds.
  • Seabees4Life
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It depends. Are they going to ruin the game by adding Star Wars: Battlefront play style or mechanics? If so, then yes.

If they keep it purely in the Battlefield spectrum then I think it will do well........just as long as the shovel whacking someone makes a satisfying noise.
  • DoubleTap_13th
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I've bought them all, no need to stop now. Plus it looks great!
  • SWG-Mage
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Why would you even ask this? Of course it won't fail...
  • El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No. Hopefully without all the sight upgrades we'll get back to the BF2 style gameplay. Which to date is still the best BF title, imo.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Considering we have only seen a 20 second trailer of a game that isn't even fully developed yet its hard to answer. But after seeing the trailer, my gut feeling tells me that this could be one of the best games of 2016.
  • Frankenstein68
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope. I can honestly say in my long history of gaming (I’m pushing 50) I have not been this excited for a game in as long as I can remember.
  • afnav130
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No. Hopefully without all the sight upgrades we'll get back to the BF2 style gameplay. Which to date is still the best BF title, imo.

Don't bank on that. You have people here digging up Reflex sights from 1900 and such. This game will not be what you nor I expect. And that is extremely sad.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    afnav130 wrote: »

Don't bank on that. You have people here digging up Reflex sights from 1900 and such. This game will not be what you nor I expect. And that is extremely sad.

I don't believe there were reflex sights during that time period. There were however rifle scopes.
  • ThievenBalance
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    YES --- but only the empty servers would be a fail. Like the other games with an empty server is fail.. I want them to add bots on empty servers so an empty server is sort of like playing the single player but on a map instead of a mission until the right amount of players arrive to start the round.
  • Mr_Raaawwwrrr
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    It can fail... but i don't think game will fail unless DICE screws up with it. BF4 failed in the beginning but it got revived.
This discussion has been closed.