Will BF1 Fail yes or no ?

2»

Comments

• xBrokenLogic
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I think i'll wait to actually play the game before i judge it.
  • NixonTooStronk
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    if they dont ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ up PR, than we could be looking at a very successful game
  • afnav130
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    afnav130 wrote: »
    No. Hopefully without all the sight upgrades we'll get back to the BF2 style gameplay. Which to date is still the best BF title, imo.

Don't bank on that. You have people here digging up Reflex sights from 1900 and such. This game will not be what you nor I expect. And that is extremely sad.

I don't believe there were reflex sights during that time period. There were however rifle scopes.

Go look up the thread some 12 year old started about the reflex sight being designed in 1900. It's on the main page.

• 1337Kph
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    It will fail and heads will be chopped off. - It will only fail in the sense that after two months there will not be any more than a few servers populated. The game will succeed because there are hordes of noobs who get slaughtered daily on BF4 who think that if they get a horse, it will be much better from now.

People got too used to the mechanics of BFbc2, BF3 and BF4. Hell, there was even a 8v8 conquest league for BF4, but that can never happen with a ww1 game. Battlefield is either a modern or a WW2 game.

#Deadin2months
  • PancakePlane
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It will fail if they don't have dedicated servers.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, It'll last at least as long as BF4.
    SWG-Mage wrote: »
    Why would you even ask this? Of course it won't fail...

• MasterOfJimmies
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, the setting is fresh
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No. something that is rarely done has a better chance then something always done. imo.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2016
    Nope......
    As long as EA lets DICE do their thing without trying to rush it out the door before it's finished.
  • ShadowBeast005
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It will not fail if they don't appeal to the casual crowd, a game that was made so scrubs could grab a few kills through easy means has never been fun (just look at SWBF), success should rely on teamwork, persistence and skill of the players. Also if they copy anything from battlefronts game mechanics i also think it will do poorly, mainly the vehicle mechanics.
  • Bohunk_l
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Depends on what you consider a fail

I predict it will sell millions
  • BATTL3FI3LDBULLY
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't expect this to last long. It will look amazing/gory but, the game will be all eyeballs for 2 months tops. Then people will return to BF4. Except consoles. They have nothing good to play.
  • EyeOwnzU
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yes. This era of warfare will grow boring quickly. In fact I'm not even buying it. I predict by spring 2017 the bf4 servers will refill quite nicely. Although I am tempted to buy it to hill hump and kill horses. Looool
  • xXRambotigerXx
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I say no. It's something different. Something I as a gamer wanted to see for awhile. There's too many games nowadays going to space and using futuristic weaponry. I think it'll be a refreshing change of pace going back to WW1 and taking games back to a simpler time. Sounds weird but I think it'll do well. I mean, look at the amount of dislikes Infinite Warfare has on YouTube and look how many likes Battlefield 1 has. The community has spoken.
  • ShadowBeast005
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Bohunk_l wrote: »
    Depends on what you consider a fail

I predict it will sell millions

For the multiplayer gaming industry i consider a game that has failed is the length of a games depreciation value. How long will it be until only a couple people are still playing your game, if you still have thousands of people playing 5 years after the games release (BF3) then it was a good game. If only a couple thousand people are playing your game after a year then i would consider it a fail seeing as your game was not good enough to continue playing over a extended period of time. Keep in mind though that these are relative for the amount of copies you sold as well, there are al ot of gems out there that failed during the advertising stage but the gameplay was great.
  • fordmanak
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Thinking game of year over here. Next question.
  • StarscreamUK
    7439 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I fail to see how this is constructive in any possible way.

Discussion is closed
This discussion has been closed.