Weekly BF

No KD in the game stats?

13»

Comments

• Tmpst
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wouldn't be surprised for the BF4 stats of the last few weeks to be skewed, since many probably tried to get the community mission done, which forced them to play and kill with pistols only – and not everyone plays on a Pistol/Knife server just for that. :)
  • St0n3ymontana
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Pahkiller wrote: »
    I hope to God they totally remove K/D ratios it is ruining the game...

yes! IMO showing kill death ratio only promotes hackers, people talking smack after rounds & people talking smack in the forums. If someone doesn't have a spectacular k/d ratio people in the forums instantly say you have no room to talk, look at your stats.
  • Daveo-SGT
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    this is stupid, bring it back, i like to PTFO but still like to see my kd go up .2 after a few weeks.
  • Klam3r
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People have different play styles and different things that motivate them.
    You can't deny that K/D has a big role to play in this game. Without players with a good K/D in your team you will be pushed back and you will lose objectives.

Then you have people that only look at their K/D, camping behind their team and goes for the easy kill and don't pay attention to anything else. You do not want too many of them in your team.
    You need them in the game in general though. BF1 will last longer ;)

Especially after playing houndreds of hours many people have different things that motivate them.
    - Better the SPM
    - Better the K/D ratio
    - Master a class/weapon
    - Dominate with a plane or a tank
    - Trolling with friends

Personally I would like to keep K/D so that it can motivate me at some point, together with SPM, accuracy and so on and so on.
  • Press-2-Continue
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Honestly K/D should be left to games like CoD and other E-pen1s games. Yes maybe it should be put in game modes like TDM within Battlefield but that's it. To me personally Battlefield has always been about TEAMWORK in both squad and team efforts. You could go 100-30 for example and YOUR team could still lose this is because there is no I in TEAM. Pushing the objective and being able to hold them through revives and teamplay is always better in game modes like conquest and domination for example. You could go 0-50 playing as a medic and your team would win because you are playing your class as it should be to help your TEAM out. K/D has always been a way for a single person to judge how well they did even if it stuffs the entire teams game up and ends up costing them the match
  • VESPA5
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    I think the K/D ratio is as overrated as the pitch count in baseball for pitchers. It works both ways though. For one, you can tell how well or bad you've been playing. You can be playing the objective or using your class the way it was meant to be (for example, Medic, I actually topped the leaderboard on Conquest once because I revived over a dozen of my squadmates on top of capturing flags while going only 6-12 on the K/D ratio for that match).

On the flipside, your high K/D ratio can be skewed by just camping for kills for hours on end while all that time, your team was busting their tails trying to capture flags while you sit back and pick off people in the conveniently wide open maps that seem to cater long distance shooting.