NO change in FPS no matter what I do

TREnCHEMI
57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
i have windows 10 64bit
860k AMD 4.2
16GB ram
gtx 960 4GB

it does not matter what I change in the settings.. LOW, ULTRA, resolution scale down to 50% 1080P down to 720P
I have tried dx12 on and off
I have tried vsync on and off
I have turned off the HBAO tried TSS or whatever..
i have tried WINDOWS, BORDERLESS,
I have turned OFF the memory restriction, and ON

i get around 30FPS if Im in the menu i get great FPS LOL
seriously.. it makes me think its the driver.. which is the BRAND NEW ONE
cause nothing changes on the FPS only looks crappier and crappier the lower i drop stuff

its basically UNPLAYABLE.. i cant even shoot someone with a machine gun.. it stutters and i lose EVERY FIRE FIGHT
I can play BF4 PERFECT
battlefront
hardline

WHAT IS UP!?!?!? it was the same way in the beta.. i thought.. ill drop $5 and see if i can play it now.. NOPE

never have I been more frustrated and annoyed
it seems everyone else im talking to in the servers are FINE
no issues
meanwhile I want to take a freaking hammer to my computer

am I missing something? cause this is driving me crazy

Comments

• Maytag_Repairman
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Same boat here except i'm using a 290x from AMD, and 8 gigs of ram. It's killing me too, can't seem to find a fix for it.
  • Sp00gle
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    May sound odd but it could relate to a Win 10/Xbox setting. Have a look here and see if this helps......

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6239-DZCB-8600
  • Maytag_Repairman
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Froopin wrote: »
    May sound odd but it could relate to a Win 10/Xbox setting. Have a look here and see if this helps......

I don't have an xbox one or xbox app on my PC
  • TREnCHEMI
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Froopin wrote: »

sadly I have tried that as well.. i have tried going to the xbox app and disabling the dvr.. i have not tried the registry way that is also in the article.. i will try that tomorrow as im about to head to work..
    but last night i tried playing domination and its the only mode i was able to play at 50 fps
  • TREnCHEMI
    i may wait till there is another update tot he gfx driver before i use all my time on the game.. just to see if a new driver made for bf1 helps.. i do have the newest driver.. but it says nothing about bf1 in it
  • TREnCHEMI
    tonight after work im going to try DDU and totally remove old drivers.. i normally choose CUSTOM when installing drivers and tell it to remove old drivers anyway.. but this time it didnt ask me to do that... it said it removed old drivers.. but I just read someone having the same problem.. game starts up and in the options screen, loadout.. it shows 150 fps soon as I spawn in.. it drops down to 20 - 30 fps.. ddu fixed the issue for them.. so I will try that and report back here.. tonight after work
  • Maytag_Repairman
    sounds good
  • -LIPs-Kashinoda
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    DDU is the only thing you should ever use when updating drivers, there are always traces left by AMD and Nvidia when updating drivers and it causes problems.

I posted this on another thread, hope it helps. Though I see you've tried much of this already, it might be useful for others.
    ShadowPlay or PlaysTV:
    • It seems ShadowPlay has been causing huge FPS drops (reducing frames by like 50) for whatever reason. Make sure you have it disabled until Nvidia releases a driver update. I haven't seen many problems from AMD users but this might also apply to Raptr/PlaysTV, so disable these. To see how to disable ShadowPlay see this video: https://goo.gl/Q52UqW

Drivers:
    Other Tips:
    • Make sure there is no memory limits in your BF1 advanced settings, either match it to your VRAM or set it to unrestricted.
    • Toggle DX12 on or off, you might see huge gains either way depending on drivers and hardware.
    • In Windows 10, make sure Xbox GameDVR is disabled. https://goo.gl/EQVfKc
    • Unpark your cores (Windows 7 and 10) install ParkControl https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/ Make sure parking is disabled http://i.imgur.com/MfrLUrt.png and hit 'Apply', you may want to adjust Frequency Scaling also so it's always giving 100% also, change this http://i.imgur.com/BT0TXfP.png and hit 'Apply'. Please note this will use more power.
    • Disable Sueprfetch in Windows https://goo.gl/ICmqxQ Do this last, re-enable it if it has no effect.
    • If you have an i7 CPU, make sure Hyperthreading is enabled in your BIOS.
    • Unplug or disable your second/third monitor. People have reported a 20+ FPS drop just from having a second monitor plugged in.
    • The trial version of BF1 uses a differently named executable to the main game (bf1trial.exe), which Nvidia/AMD drivers may not be picking up on. So you may see no change until the main game is released. (taken from Guru3D)

Failing that you're going to have to wait for official driver updates from AMD and Nvidia for the full release.
    Post edited by -LIPs-Kashinoda on
  • TREnCHEMI
    DDU is the only thing you should ever use when updating drivers, there are always traces left by AMD and Nvidia when updating drivers and it causes problems.

I posted this on another thread, hope it helps. Though I see you've tried much of this already, it might be useful for others.
    ShadowPlay or PlaysTV:
    • It seems ShadowPlay has been causing huge FPS drops (reducing frames by like 50) for whatever reason. Make sure you have it disabled until Nvidia releases a driver update. I haven't seen many problems from AMD users but this might also apply to Raptr/PlaysTV, so disable these. To see how to disable ShadowPlay see this video: https://goo.gl/Q52UqW

Drivers:
    Other Tips:
    • Make sure there is no memory limits in your BF1 advanced settings, either match it to your VRAM or set it to unrestricted.
    • Toggle DX12 on or off, you might see huge gains either way depending on drivers and hardware.
    • In Windows 10, make sure Xbox GameDVR is disabled. https://goo.gl/EQVfKc
    • Unpark your cores (Windows 7 and 10) install ParkControl https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/ Make sure parking is disabled http://i.imgur.com/MfrLUrt.png and hit 'Apply', you may want to adjust Frequency Scaling also so it's always giving 100% also, change this http://i.imgur.com/BT0TXfP.png and hit 'Apply'. Please note this will use more power.
    • Disable Sueprfetch in Windows https://goo.gl/ICmqxQ Do this last, re-enable it if it has no effect.
    • If you have an i7 CPU, make sure Hyperthreading is enabled in your BIOS.
    • Unplug or disable your second/third monitor. People have reported a 20+ FPS drop just from having a second monitor plugged in.
    • The trial version of BF1 uses a differently named executable to the main game (bf1trial.exe), which Nvidia/AMD drivers may not be picking up on. So you may see no change until the main game is released. (taken from Guru3D)

Failing that you're going to have to wait for official driver updates from AMD and Nvidia for the full release.

QUESTION ABOUT DDU TOOL... this morning when i got off work i restarted into safe mode on windows 10 64bit.. didnt mess with any settings... just hit CLEAN AND RESTART
    it said it was removing stuff.. folders.. etc... the computer restarted.. and normally if gfx drivers are removed everything looks bad.. icons are larger.. but it looked NORMAL.. as if the drivers were not removed... i then installed the newest drivers
    started the game and pretty much have the same thing going on.. im able to get to around 40 fps playing as a sniper isnt that bad.. but if I choose a machine gun or something.. its really unplayable.. i can hold down the fire button and it will stutter and is just garbage

did I do something wrong on the DDU tool? cause when it restarted.. it didnt look like drivers were removed..
  • TREnCHEMI
    okay, i did it again.. im still getting bad FPS.. this makes no sense to me.. people with worse gfx cards are getting better fps.. there has to be an answer.. cause i cant buy this game if its not going to run :(
  • XAngelWings
    176 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    you CPU is below min req . that's probably the reason you get lower fps . BF1 has probably best graphics to date . your weak CPU block you GPU to max it power. unless you get better CPU I don't expect you get better performance
  • XAngelWings
    176 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TREnCHEMI wrote: »
    okay, i did it again.. im still getting bad FPS.. this makes no sense to me.. people with worse gfx cards are getting better fps.. there has to be an answer.. cause i cant buy this game if its not going to run :(

its not your card. I heard BF1 Is CPU intensive . so it bottleneck your GPU . your GPU isn't working 100% to power the game. unless you change CPU don't expect to get good FPS >
  • Maytag_Repairman
    I have the same problem though and I have an amd 9590
  • trig0tron
    324 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TREnCHEMI wrote: »
    i have windows 10 64bit
    860k AMD 4.2 <---
    16GB ram
    gtx 960 4GB

it does not matter what I change in the settings.. LOW, ULTRA, resolution scale down to 50% 1080P down to 720P
    I have tried dx12 on and off
    I have tried vsync on and off
    I have turned off the HBAO tried TSS or whatever..
    i have tried WINDOWS, BORDERLESS,
    I have turned OFF the memory restriction, and ON

i get around 30FPS if Im in the menu i get great FPS LOL
    seriously.. it makes me think its the driver.. which is the BRAND NEW ONE
    cause nothing changes on the FPS only looks crappier and crappier the lower i drop stuff

its basically UNPLAYABLE.. i cant even shoot someone with a machine gun.. it stutters and i lose EVERY FIRE FIGHT
    I can play BF4 PERFECT
    battlefront
    hardline

WHAT IS UP!?!?!? it was the same way in the beta.. i thought.. ill drop $5 and see if i can play it now.. NOPE

never have I been more frustrated and annoyed
    it seems everyone else im talking to in the servers are FINE
    no issues
    meanwhile I want to take a freaking hammer to my computer

am I missing something? cause this is driving me crazy

Yes, you are missing the fact that Battlefield uses a lot of physics and CPU. Your old mobo & cpu are just not adequate for Battlefield in 2017.

I wouldn't suggest anything less than a high-end i5. Or wait until AMD releases Zen & Vega and build a new rig then. Until then, there is nothing you can do, your rig can't handle the game. Make do.

• TREnCHEMI
    its just upsetting cause I literally upgraded this computer 6 months ago... at this point I think my old setup would run better.. in my old computer I had a phenom II x6
  • TREnCHEMI
    guess ill have to play the damn game on xbox one.. i literally cant stand playing fps games with a controller now.. im so annoyed
  • TREnCHEMI
    I have the same problem though and I have an amd 9590

i seriously think its the drivers.. cause the fact it changes NOTHING if I drop the RES down, or anything I do.. ultra.. low.. its litterally the same.. im going to save some trial time for the next driver update which will prolly come out when the game actually releases.. would be nice if they would release the damn drivers for us who paid to play the game early
  • DMCGullwing
    postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/en-us/profile/TREnCHEMI">TREnCHEMI</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">i have windows 10 64bit<br>
    860k AMD 4.2<br>
    16GB ram<br>
    gtx 960 4GB<br><br>
    it does not matter what I change in the settings.. LOW, ULTRA, resolution scale down to 50% 1080P down to 720P<br>
    I have tried dx12 on and off<br>
    I have tried vsync on and off<br>
    I have turned off the HBAO tried TSS or whatever..<br>
    i have tried WINDOWS, BORDERLESS,<br>
    I have turned OFF the memory restriction, and ON<br><br>
    i get around 30FPS if Im in the menu i get great FPS LOL<br>
    seriously.. it makes me think its the driver.. which is the BRAND NEW ONE<br>
    cause nothing changes on the FPS only looks crappier and crappier the lower i drop stuff<br><br>
    its basically UNPLAYABLE.. i cant even shoot someone with a machine gun.. it stutters and i lose EVERY FIRE FIGHT<br>
    I can play BF4 PERFECT<br>
    battlefront<br>
    hardline<br><br>
    WHAT IS UP!?!?!? it was the same way in the beta.. i thought.. ill drop $5 and see if i can play it now.. NOPE<br><br>
    never have I been more frustrated and annoyed<br>
    it seems everyone else im talking to in the servers are FINE<br>
    no issues<br>
    meanwhile I want to take a freaking hammer to my computer<br><br>
    am I missing something? cause this is driving me crazy</div>
    </blockquote>

I’m commenting this in 2020 but if this helps anyone turning on dx12 helped me monumentally and for whatever reason literally none of the online guides mention this yet it’s one of the only things that made the game stable and playable