Singleplayer Stealth Problem (Nothing big, just worth mentioning)

SgtElis
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
So I played through the small campaign piece available in the EA-access and I really enjoyed it. I played it through on the hardest difficulty and it was a fun and challenging experience. Maybe even a bit too challenging where it wasn't needed.

I found my self try and use stealth a lot to try and complete the missions, something that proved difficult due to how the AI seemed to work.
If a AI spotted me (the little diamond above their head turn fully red) there where no way I could stop them from attacking me, which seems obvious right? BUT, let me explain. In some ocations it wasn't possible for them not to notice me in order to performe a stealth takedown and even if I managed to take them out before they shouted or even propperly reacted to my existence every enemy instantly got alerted and opened fire on me.

So, if an AI spot you but you manage to take them down quietly before they have the chance to alert any other AI, eg. screaming, shouting, etc, all other AI still gets alerted.
Just a small issue that annoyed me because I didn't make sounds and all the AI that spotted me did was "chipping for breath" (? direct translation from Swedish) quickly in a small bit of panic before I took him down, no sounds made and still every AI got alerted.

Comments

• sprit-bear
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just played through most of the stealth missions on hardest, and I do understand what you mean. The stealth in the game is much more realistic than most games and made a very good experience IMO. To fix that I simply never put myself in a position in front of an enemy, always behind, but I do recognize it as a design oversight.
  • darylpraterv3
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sometimes you can find silenced weapons to kill from far away unnoticed. Also throwing a lure can lead people to a area where you can kill them quietly.

Did you try those things?
  • Smaddeus
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just played through most of the stealth missions on hardest, and I do understand what you mean. The stealth in the game is much more realistic than most games and made a very good experience IMO. To fix that I simply never put myself in a position in front of an enemy, always behind, but I do recognize it as a design oversight.
    I disagree about it being more realistic. I think tall grass or to some extent tall small bushes should cover you, but it doesn't, and enemy spots you when they shouldn't realistically. Grass should be able to hide you as well unless viewed from high ground, but on a even level you shouldn't be spotted, yet you can be as if grass does not exist for them.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13594 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Smaddeus
    Another thread and another Necro.

Do not necropost please.
This discussion has been closed.