Fullscreen not working

peacewalker13
25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2016
Good day,
I have a problem that the game refuses to switch to fullscreen it keeps running in windowed mode anyway.
Gefroce gtx 965m, 16 gb ram, windows 8.1, drivers updated.
Thanks for the answers :)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwh9h5wfD7Z8enhIVHBFZ044Wms/view - screenshot
Post edited by peacewalker13 on

Comments

• Lazy1nc
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Have you tried swapping to Borderless then back to Fullscreen?
  • peacewalker13
    I tried, did not help.
  • Lazy1nc
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Weird. I also had that issue with Far Cry 3 back in the day.

Try a clean reinstall and see if that fixes anything.
  • StarscreamUK
    7523 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    What driver version also did you try an older one?
  • peacewalker13
    Also I had the same problem with open beta. Latest nvidia driver.
  • trig0tron
    324 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Check your virtual desktop... sometimes it wont expand, because the res is larger than actual Windows.
  • peacewalker13
    P1asma wrote: »
    Do you have TeamViewer running? If so, close it.

No, no TeamViewer running, at least I can't see that it is running
  • peacewalker13
    trig0tron wrote: »
    Check your virtual desktop... sometimes it wont expand, because the res is larger than actual Windows.

I'm not sure where to check it.
  • peacewalker13
    edited October 2016
    Also I noticed that when I'm switching to windowed mode there is no option "apply video settings", maybe it can give a clue. And borderless looks like fullscreen, but I can't adjust resolution then.
  • DARWINMCLOVIN
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Also no Full-screen here, but in the Beta it was fine (?).
    gtx970...
  • Squigib0
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    P1asma wrote: »
    Do you have TeamViewer running? If so, close it.

No, no TeamViewer running, at least I can't see that it is running

closing the teamviewer main window won't actually kill it. Go to your taskbar and kill it from the little icon thing. Then check Task Manager. Sometimes it stays resident and will screw up many games.... All BF games seem effected by it running. see if you also have any "overlay" graphics running, like Fraps overlays, RivaTuner, etc....
  • jjtarantino
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Check what compatibility mode your in.
  • peacewalker13
    Still no success.
  • peacewalker13
  • WoGz_PsYcHo
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    have you tried turning off directx 12 ?
  • peacewalker13
    have you tried turning off directx 12 ?

Don't have such option, I'm on DX11.
  • SOA_BUV
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Happened on first play this morning. Had to go to screen settings in game and tab over off of windowed mode.

Also had to turn off Origin notifications because they were pulling me out of the game every time.
  • peacewalker13
    SOA_BUV wrote: »
    Happened on first play this morning. Had to go to screen settings in game and tab over off of windowed mode.

Also had to turn off Origin notifications because they were pulling me out of the game every time.

I don't really understand what you did there.
  • peacewalker13
    Also I noticed that when I select fullscreen, the option "apply video settings" does not disappears, like something not allowing game to switch to fullscreen.
This discussion has been closed.