What about Classic-mode? 100% health, Squadleader Spawn Only, 3D spot off, no autoheal, no kill-cam!

Remiflop
72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2016
Since HC got confirmed now, any chance for Classic mode to pop up? It got released too late in BF4 to get enough interest (there are only 4-5 active Classic servers in BF4), but it is an amazing mode.

What is Classic:
  • 100% health (same settings as normal and not HC)
  • FF on/off (server owners can decide)
  • Squadleader spawn only
  • 3D spotting off
  • autoheal/repair off
  • No Kill-cam
  • RELOAD FULL MAGS On

Everything else is the same as in normal. I know main complains about HC is the 60% health. With Classic you get the best of two worlds.

Here is a more in-depth video about why BF1 needs Classic-mode made by Chris (Battle(non)sense):

Post edited by Remiflop on

Comments

• derbestefan
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I second this.
  • Petebeargh
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope classic mode will be in bf1
  • Turnbeutel
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Classic is THE mode. Tacticle and challenging
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    what i ve seen so far, squadleader spawn only isnt even in settings/filters anymore
  • renesweb74
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    kL-SnAjP wrote: »
    what i ve seen so far, squadleader spawn only isnt even in settings/filters anymore

Thats the reason for open this threat ;)
  • TheNorthFIN
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Everything else is the same as in normal. I know main complains about HC is the 60% health. With Classic you get the best of two worlds.[/quote]

To me, Classic mode would be the only one I would play only for the lack of 3D spotting. Heck, I wouldn't even mind the FF being on if there was a mechanism to get rid of abusive TK'ers (gas grenades would be so much more real!)

Squad leader spawn seemed restrictive at first but then I realized it made people join squads and almost force players to move with their squad.

Autorepair is off already, sadly autoheal is quite alive and fast, so the Classic mode would be a lifesaver there too.

60% health and the balance of weapons was my major gripe with HC in the past, same as not knowing even the amount of magazines you had (I wouldn't need to know the exact number of bullets in each mag) and the minimap... well there's always the big map, even if it now is more like the "big" map in BF3 than the full screen one of BF4.
  • Remiflop
    edited October 2016
    To me, Classic mode would be the only one I would play only for the lack of 3D spotting. Heck, I wouldn't even mind the FF being on if there was a mechanism to get rid of abusive TK'ers (gas grenades would be so much more real!)

In BF4 and previous BFs you could set a auto-kick for TKs. Default is 5, but you could put it down to 3 or up to 10, if I remember correct.

To people who don't know what Classic is: Here is a video explaining it in BF4. In BF4 3P vehicle cam is off, but in BF2/BF2142 3P vehicle cam was default on. In BF1 3P vehicle cam is necessary due to horses.

• renesweb74
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Since BF2 is TK for vehicles or other stuff a important point for admins - so we have decided to FF OFF - thats the best way for players and admins.

battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/bf3b20c2-1121-465f-b992-19a506ec48b1/Bamboo-Bar-CLASSIC-bamboobar-clansweb-eu-48p/
  • kruh-BF2142
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Classic mode isn't priority because the vast majority of target audience for BF1 doesn't care or know what Classic BF is
  • Turnbeutel
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't imagine classic mode is more than adjusting some variables. Correct me if im wrong. I'm still in the hope that Classic mode will come sooner or later.
  • renesweb74
    edited October 2016
    Turnbeutel wrote: »
    I can't imagine classic mode is more than adjusting some variables. Correct me if im wrong. I'm still in the hope that Classic mode will come sooner or later.

Thats correct all variables available (Serverbrowser Filter) - autohealth, 3D spotting - only one we missed " Only Squadleaderspawn". Thats important to force the teamplay. Autorepair its not neccessary for BF1. It would be nice we have a Classic Setting to set the server browser filter. So all players have to set all filter variables by hand.
  • natter_Ole
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Remiflop wrote: »
    With Classic you get the best of two worlds.

100% agree
  • Joueur_Bizarre
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Classic is the best mode. It wasnt really popular on BF 4 though :(
  • Remiflop
    Classic mode isn't priority because the vast majority of target audience for BF1 doesn't care or know what Classic BF is

Then it is the perfect time for them to get to know it. :smiley:
  • MrHenryChinaski
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Classic is the only way, and you know it.
  • Das_reboot1918
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bring it in a the default mode ! People will love it! Better teamwork, keeps squads together
  • FF_smart27
    1961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I could never find a single server on ps4
  • Remiflop
    I could never find a single server on ps4

Sadly this is because they released Classic-mode 1 year after it was released. It was a little too late.