No automatic minimap spotting when firing!!!!

S1ngular1ty
801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
I would like to applaud DICE for removing automatic minimap spotting of enemies when they fire from BF1!!!

This was one of the things I REALLY hated in BF3 and BF4. I'm glad it is gone. Now there might actually be some tactics involved in BF instead of just running towards the red triangles on the minimap.

Comments

• B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Agree. With no suppressors it was either make everybody show up, or have no one show up.

They definitely made the right choice.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glad to see it gone.

Unless you don't have ears, there's no reason someone's gunshot shot reveal their position on a minimap in a shooting game.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Glad to see it gone.

Unless you don't have ears, there's no reason someone's gunshot shot reveal their position on a minimap in a shooting game.

lol there ARE plenty of deaf people in the world dude....
  • Dragongk2
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    Glad to see it gone.

Like me but it won't be a problem for me.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glad to see it gone.

Sorry, but the majority outweighs the minority, and giving blatant visual queues to people to make up for the fact that they refuse to be or just can't be situational aware is just stupid in terms of a competitive FPS game, where situational awareness is and always has been a key aspect.

It's just more hand-holding. You can look at the large map in BF4 and literally see ANYONE that shoots their weapon from any point on the map, even if you're at your spawn and some guy fires a sniper rifle from across the map.

That's a ridiculously babying feature.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    Glad to see it gone.

Sorry, but the majority outweighs the minority, and giving blatant visual queues to people to make up for the fact that they refuse to be or just can't be situational aware is just stupid in terms of a competitive FPS game, where situational awareness is and always has been a key aspect.

It's just more hand-holding. You can look at the large map in BF4 and literally see ANYONE that shoots their weapon from any point on the map, even if you're at your spawn and some guy fires a sniper rifle from across the map.

I'm glad it's gone but I had to play devils advocate.
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    i think it wont change a thing, tbh. the only people paying enough attention to their minimap to utilize it already can hear things.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Where did you guys hear this? News to me.

@lordmang4 won't like this.
  • HomicideJack
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glad to see it gone.

I'll admit that most of my tactical information comes from my minimap. I rarely rely on voice queues or footsteps because most of the time there's too many explosions going on to hear anything else.
  • Loqtrall
    Glad to see it gone.

I'll admit that most of my tactical information comes from my minimap. I rarely rely on voice queues or footsteps because most of the time there's too many explosions going on to hear anything else.

Yeah, I can attest to how many kills I've gotten JUST because I found out where enemies are because I saw their dot blip on the minimap when they shoot. It's ridiculous how much information the hud feeds you in BF4, it's almost like it's being situationally aware for you, to the point where it's feeding you information you wouldn't have even known about had said HUD feature not been available.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    Glad to see it gone.

Yeah, I can attest to how many kills I've gotten JUST because I found out where enemies are because I saw their dot blip on the minimap when they shoot. It's ridiculous how much information the hud feeds you in BF4, it's almost like it's being situationally aware for you, to the point where it's feeding you information you wouldn't have even known about had said HUD feature not been available.

Yup for this reason I always always always run suppressors on my guns. I will say that my buddy and are are pretty good at picking up on footsteps though. Usually when were capping flags we post up in the corner of a house and it's quite easy to hear a nearby enemy stampeding around.
  • Loqtrall
    Glad to see it gone.

Yup for this reason I always always always run suppressors on my guns. I will say that my buddy and are are pretty good at picking up on footsteps though. Usually when were capping flags we post up in the corner of a house and it's quite easy to hear a nearby enemy stampeding around.

Yeah, I even started using suppressors on my sniper rifles long ago, which is a huge hindrance on their already gimped velocity, just to keep myself from being **** from behind because I accidentally shot a gun while someone was in my general vicinity.

I'd much rather have a gimped sniper rifle than have my location revealed to any enemy in my general area just because I shot a gun in a game where shooting guns is the main point.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They better also remove the skull graphic of dead teammates from the minimap. Because I often use it as a cue to hunt down the suppressor user in the vicinity who downed my teammate.
  • HomicideJack
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't be bothered to use suppressors, honestly. I feel like the deduction in bullet velocity is too negative a feature when machineguns already suffer from bad hipfire accuracy, heavy recoil and somewhat choppy spread. How this pertains to the minimap, though, is that I tend to use it as bait. Fire my gun a few times, reposition and wait for people to come up to me. Works every time.
  • Peccath
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'm so happy they removed that as well! Now I'm waiting for Classic preset to be confirmed so 3D spotting won't be another annoying spotting mechanism either.
  • Dragongk2
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glad to see it gone.

What about decoy in BF4? I do use it when I noticed someone pay attention to sound.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    I rely entirely on the blips on the minimap to hunt down baddies and help direct my next move. This change will be hard on me, unfortunately.
    Post edited by HUMANFRAIL7Y on
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    Dragongk2 wrote: »
    Glad to see it gone.

What about decoy in BF4? I do use it when I noticed someone pay attention to sound.

I've never had any interaction with it honestly. I'm certainly not giving up ammo or my UCAV/c4 for a decoy grenade.

However I do remember decoy grenades being extremely effective in COD where the fighting was much more focused.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought it was a good feature. It made the suppressor worth using. Now I think it puts and unfair disadvantage to anyone who uses stock earbuds.
  • Stil3r
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Now if they could just remove 3d spotting entirely that'd be great. I don't get why so many modern fps games can't just let people find other players by you know....actually SEEING or hearing them.