No automatic minimap spotting when firing!!!!

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I thought it was a good feature. It made the suppressor worth using. Now I think it puts and unfair disadvantage to anyone who uses stock earbuds.

Well considering there won't be any suppressors in this game (more than likely), the feature being there would be pointless other than, like I said earlier, hand-holding the players through situational awareness.

Either way, with Battlefield's sound design alone, anybody who's not using stereo headphones or a mean *** audio system are going to be at a disadvantage.
  • robkrush
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    Awwwwww.... :s . I actually liked that feature.

Time to adapt and overcome!
  • heast1
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    so i am the only one disappointed
    i use the minimap A LOT, it occupies 1/4 of my screen and i constantly focus on it. that is much more fun than FPS shooter. it is a minigame inside the game.

• MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    now if only 3D spotting would leave too. mini map is enough.

The real question is does passive spotting still exist? The one where you appear on the enemy team's minimap because someone moved their cursor over your position.
  • KDNS
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    With no audio spotting and no passive spotting, they better make some tutorials to teach people how to spot manually!!!
  • heast1
    are you sure? i think i have seen some 3D spotting during the prealpha
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    heast1 wrote: »
    i use the minimap A LOT, it occupies 1/4 of my screen and i constantly focus on it. that is much more fun than FPS shooter. it is a minigame inside the game.

That's kind of sad.
  • heast1
    it is a matter of taste. i use minimap like a football map to position myself
  • Loqtrall
    it is a matter of taste. i use minimap like a football map to position myself

I'm just saying, imo, utilizing the minimap to the extent of having it cover 1/4th of your screen in an FPS game just seems sort of sad. I just think it's sort of sad that some people are disappointed because the minimap won't give away your enemy's location when they shoot - in a game that's literally ONLY about shooting.

That's literally the game giving you free information on the enemy's position just because the enemy performed an action that is literally unavoidable in the game. It'd be like if, in Madden, the defensive player is shown the offensive player's current play just because he hiked the ball
  • heast1
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    - in a game that's literally ONLY about shooting.

why only? it s the future: extended reality, and overlays everywhere. even on you car windshield.
  • wildcardx
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its a hard thing to balance. You want to give the player enough info, or the ability to give team members info that is usable, without hand holding. I wouldn't mind a way to ping the map for my squad/team.
  • Loqtrall
    - in a game that's literally ONLY about shooting.

why only? it s the future: extended reality, and overlays everywhere. even on you car windshield.

....This is a video game. It doesn't /have/ to abide by reality. Believe it or not, First-Person SHOOTER games are usually mainly about SHOOTING, and penalizing someone for shooting in a SHOOTER is stupid.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought it was a good feature. It made the suppressor worth using. Now I think it puts and unfair disadvantage to anyone who uses stock earbuds.

Well considering there won't be any suppressors in this game (more than likely), the feature being there would be pointless other than, like I said earlier, hand-holding the players through situational awareness.

Either way, with Battlefield's sound design alone, anybody who's not using stereo headphones or a mean *** audio system are going to be at a disadvantage.

I understand no silencers are in BF1, but still the disadvantage is for people who are using the stock earbud. Basically they are saying if you buy some good headphones you will have the advantage.
  • Loqtrall

I understand no silencers are in BF1, but still the disadvantage is for people who are using the stock earbud. Basically they are saying if you buy some good headphones you will have the advantage.

That's literally been the same thing since online video games with footsteps existed.

If you're going up against someone using stereo headphones in ANY shooter made in the past 10 years, and you're using some cheap earbuds or lower volume TV audio system, the person wearing the headphones is going to have an advantage. Why do you think eSports teams ALL wear expensive *** headphones while playing?

It's been that way since as far as I can remember using an "expensive" headset, which would probably be Battlefield 2 and Halo Combat Evolved. The person with better audio is always going to have an advantage, to a degree. Battlefield 1 lacking minimap auditory spotting doesn't change that.
  • jeffmasman
    323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    Stil3r wrote: »
    Now if they could just remove 3d spotting entirely that'd be great. I don't get why so many modern fps games can't just let people find other players by you know....actually SEEING or hearing them.

Classic Mode

The easier they make it for new players to jump in and make a few kills the better. That player will more than likely get someone else to buy. And ultimately buy the next title as well.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

lol that's like saying someone who plays on a crystal clear insane 4k resolution monitor shouldn't have an advantage over someone that plays on a black and white fuzzy tv.

Better peripherals is always an inherent advantage.
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

That's literally been the same thing since online video games with footsteps existed.

If you're going up against someone using stereo headphones in ANY shooter made in the past 10 years, and you're using some cheap earbuds or lower volume TV audio system, the person wearing the headphones is going to have an advantage. Why do you think eSports teams ALL wear expensive *** headphones while playing?

It's been that way since as far as I can remember using an "expensive" headset, which would probably be Battlefield 2 and Halo Combat Evolved. The person with better audio is always going to have an advantage, to a degree. Battlefield 1 lacking minimap auditory spotting doesn't change that.

try playing deaf.

my headset dies last week while i was playing overwatch with friends. I stayed in cause Yolo...and it did not go well.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

lol that's like saying someone who plays on a crystal clear insane 4k resolution monitor shouldn't have an advantage over someone that plays on a black and white fuzzy tv.

No its not actually. What I'm saying is you have to make it fair for the people who use stock. You cant plug the PS4 in any TV, there is a bare minimum that still allows you to see the soldier at average distances.

The standard earbud won't even let you differentiate footsteps from the left or right, the basics of direction. That's where I say there is a disadvantage, if someone wants to pay for surround sound and high def, fine....just make sure that someone with stock can have a fair shake.
  • Loqtrall

No its not actually. What I'm saying is you have to make it fair for the people who use stock. You cant plug the PS4 in any TV, there is a bare minimum that still allows you to see the soldier at average distances.

The standard earbud won't even let you differentiate footsteps from the left or right, the basics of direction. That's where I say there is a disadvantage, if someone wants to pay for surround sound and high def, fine....just make sure that someone with stock can have a fair shake.

That's absolutely ridiculous. It's not the fault of other gamers that someone can't afford stereo headphones or a decent PC/TV audio system.

There are also people who play games with Scuf controllers, allowing them to jump, reload, switch weapons, etc on a controller without taking their thumb off the right thumbstick at all times because there are paddles on the back/bottom of the controller, they also have adjustable hair triggers and thumbsticks.

Should those people not be able to use their $150 controllers just because some 13 year old that had his mom pick up the game for him can't afford one? I use $200 Turtle Beach and Astro Gaming headsets with literally every game I play, and have been for years - should I stop using them because 95+% of the enemy teams I face aren't going to be using them?

No. That's dumb logic. Better peripherals have given people advantages since the dawn of online gaming. It's not a cheat, it's not a hack - it's a naturally occurring advantage that literally everyone that plays online games has access to. Just because some people can't afford those things doesn't mean they should be outlawed to "make things fair".