No automatic minimap spotting when firing!!!!

Comments

  • pinchylillobster
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    That's not what I was saying. I am not saying equal at all. If a person wants to pay for top line headphones to get the edge that's fine. If now you have to rely on footsteps alone to determine direction, a person with a stock system won't be able to do that without buying extra accessories, which is not fair.

    Here's the thing though. There's no guarantee that when you buy a ps4 that the equipment provided will perform outside the basic level. The ear buds they give, mono from what I've read here, let you hear everything in the game and that's all that's necessary. They promise nothing more.

    To be honest I hope DICE puts a disclaimer on BF1 that reads "for the best experience, play with stereo audio" then this issue becomes a non-issue.

    You would have more of a point if they were bundling BF1 with a Ps4 and included ear buds that are mono audio only. But that's not the case.

    Edit: I'm not actually sure what system you have. I'm assuming ps4, if not, sorry.



  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    a person with a stock system won't be able to do that without buying extra accessories, which is not fair.

    ...Except usually people who buy consoles already have a television at home (you even made the "You need to have an HDTV because the stock PS4 connector is an HDMI cable" argument) - which is more than capable of portraying sound in the game so you can hear footsteps (especially in BF, which has phenomenal sound design).

    Like I said earlier - your argument is moot because you're using a communications headset specifically made for party and game chat to listen to game sound, when you should be using your TV. Your argument is also moot, because you claim that you should only need what comes stock with the console in order to play the game to it's fullest - but when buying a console you automatically need to have an HDTV or monitor to use it at all, which doesn't come stock with said console.

    By your crazy "I'm going to use a mono earbud communication headset anyway" logic, simply having a TV puts anyone using one at an advantage over you.

    But the HDTV is a minimum requirement, you need this to use the console and all the games are compatible for the minimum requirements. There is not a single game that says you gave to have a 4k TV to play.

    This comment: "when buying a console you automatically need to have an HDTV or monitor to use it at all, which doesn't come stock with said console". Makes 0 sense. The console doesn't come with a table, a chair to sit on, or a outlet to plug into either. There are minimum requirements that are written on the box.....headset is not one of them.

    The earbud when you hook it up automatically puts the sound straight through it, so whatever you think it was intended to do is misleading since when you plug it in....boom audio automatically goes right through it.

    Exactly - so your "games should be able to be played at their full potential with what comes stock with the console" logic is completely unfounded.

    I'm assuming that if you own a PS4, that you have an HDTV and use it while playing said PS4?

    There you go. Rip that stupid mono earbud out and use your TV speakers - OUALA - you can hear footsteps in multiple directions.

    Your earbud is not a "minimum requirement", it's just included with the console - and it's cheap, mono-channel, and primarily made for talking with your friends, JUST like the Xbox One headset that comes with one headphone and a cheap mic. The fact that sound comes through it does not mean that it was made for listening to high fidelity audio.

    That's like saying cheap $20 headphones from Wal Mart should be able to effectively monitor music while recording instruments just because sound comes through them.
  • Stil3r
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Saw this posted on reddit, perfect example of 3d spotting being a terrible design choice:
    https://gfycat.com/FirmTangibleAfricanbushviper
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah! I moved my home office upstairs not too long ago and haven't hooked up all my speakers. I've got my center, R.front, L.front, R.side, L.side and sub hooked up. Don't have the R.rear or L.rear plugged in so it forces me to occasionally have to turn left/reft to get audio for what was behind me. SUCKS! Dice should fix this. Not cool only getting 6 channels out of an 8 channel setup.
  • KDNS
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Stil3r wrote: »
    Saw this posted on reddit, perfect example of 3d spotting being a terrible design choice:
    https://gfycat.com/FirmTangibleAfricanbushviper

    Also a good example of why fog breaks game balance for sniper rifles.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When I drive down the highway in my Ford Pinto and someone in a Corvette passes me I get mad.

    Everyone on the highway should drive at equal speed. One car having a better engine just isn't fair.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Man I read this thread and just shook my head the whole time.

    Was the argument really "I should be able to compete equally with stock equipment vs players who have superior equipment"? Because that's just silly. Were that the case, "superior equipment" would never exist because there would be no point in getting it if it all performed the same.

    Sorry but when you buy a ps4, they give you everything you need to play games. They do not give you everything you need to play games at the highest level.

    Its the equivalent to buying a starter paintball gun kit, going to a tournament and then getting upset that the people with $2,000 kits stomped your $50 Wal-Mart kit.

    On topic: I'm okay that the spotting is removed. I never use a silencer so I my style won't change.

    That's not what I was saying. I am not saying equal at all. If a person wants to pay for top line headphones to get the edge that's fine. If now you have to rely on footsteps alone to determine direction, a person with a stock system won't be able to do that without buying extra accessories, which is not fair.

    May not be the best example, but from your paintball example it's more like paying for a tournament package that comes with a gun (.50 cal), protection, air, and paintballs but the paintballs are for .43 caliber guns.

    Im not sure what you don't understand. These STOCK headphones you use are obviously not suited for listening to a dynamic range of sounds, they were not made for listening to the environment, but someones VOICE when you're chatting.
    Why is this even an issue?
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Man I read this thread and just shook my head the whole time.

    Was the argument really "I should be able to compete equally with stock equipment vs players who have superior equipment"? Because that's just silly. Were that the case, "superior equipment" would never exist because there would be no point in getting it if it all performed the same.

    Sorry but when you buy a ps4, they give you everything you need to play games. They do not give you everything you need to play games at the highest level.

    Its the equivalent to buying a starter paintball gun kit, going to a tournament and then getting upset that the people with $2,000 kits stomped your $50 Wal-Mart kit.

    On topic: I'm okay that the spotting is removed. I never use a silencer so I my style won't change.

    That's not what I was saying. I am not saying equal at all. If a person wants to pay for top line headphones to get the edge that's fine. If now you have to rely on footsteps alone to determine direction, a person with a stock system won't be able to do that without buying extra accessories, which is not fair.

    May not be the best example, but from your paintball example it's more like paying for a tournament package that comes with a gun (.50 cal), protection, air, and paintballs but the paintballs are for .43 caliber guns.

    Im not sure what you don't understand. These STOCK headphones you use are obviously not suited for listening to a dynamic range of sounds, they were not made for listening to the environment, but someones VOICE when you're chatting.
    Why is this even an issue?

    Yet when you plug them in to chat to squadmates your sound is put through it. So one has to choose to give up one normal function of the game...hear footsteps in stereo to identify the enemy and not communicate to their team, or use stock equipment and give up the ability to identify where an enemy is coming from.

    I find it not right to force people to spend more money on accessories to be able to use core functions.

    To take the comment on how the earbud was to communicate, why did Sony make it included in PS4? So people can use the core functionality of party chats and game chat without having to purchase equipment for core functionality.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Man I read this thread and just shook my head the whole time.

    Was the argument really "I should be able to compete equally with stock equipment vs players who have superior equipment"? Because that's just silly. Were that the case, "superior equipment" would never exist because there would be no point in getting it if it all performed the same.

    Sorry but when you buy a ps4, they give you everything you need to play games. They do not give you everything you need to play games at the highest level.

    Its the equivalent to buying a starter paintball gun kit, going to a tournament and then getting upset that the people with $2,000 kits stomped your $50 Wal-Mart kit.

    On topic: I'm okay that the spotting is removed. I never use a silencer so I my style won't change.

    That's not what I was saying. I am not saying equal at all. If a person wants to pay for top line headphones to get the edge that's fine. If now you have to rely on footsteps alone to determine direction, a person with a stock system won't be able to do that without buying extra accessories, which is not fair.

    May not be the best example, but from your paintball example it's more like paying for a tournament package that comes with a gun (.50 cal), protection, air, and paintballs but the paintballs are for .43 caliber guns.

    Im not sure what you don't understand. These STOCK headphones you use are obviously not suited for listening to a dynamic range of sounds, they were not made for listening to the environment, but someones VOICE when you're chatting.
    Why is this even an issue?

    Yet when you plug them in to chat to squadmates your sound is put through it. So one has to choose to give up one normal function of the game...hear footsteps in stereo to identify the enemy and not communicate to their team, or use stock equipment and give up the ability to identify where an enemy is coming from.

    I find it not right to force people to spend more money on accessories to be able to use core functions.

    To take the comment on how the earbud was to communicate, why did Sony make it included in PS4? So people can use the core functionality of party chats and game chat without having to purchase equipment for core functionality.

    The game sound has to come through your headphones because GAME CHAT IS PART OF THE GAME'S SOUND.

    The sound of the people's voices isn't coming from some other system or mechanic, it's coming from the game as well. They can't just rip the source of your sqaudmates' voices from the game and only put THAT through your headphones. Fortunately, most games feature in-game VoIP functionality that DOESN'T require stereo headphones, so a mono headset will work fine for hearing voice chat.

    The fact that sound can't come through headphones as well as your TV simultaneously is just a technical limitation of the PS4 itself, not the game - because the Xbox One allows you to hear sound through your headphones and television simultaneously. Again, that can't be blamed on anybody but Sony, and their "stock" equipment being technologically inferior to others.

    Again, that doesn't mean that game developers should pander to the lowest common denominator.

    Your headset IS primarily designed for using in-game chat functions and party chat functions - not listening to actual game sounds in a stereo setting. If they were, they would be STEREO headphones, not a mono earbud or a mono headphone (like Xbone's headset)
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Man I read this thread and just shook my head the whole time.

    Was the argument really "I should be able to compete equally with stock equipment vs players who have superior equipment"? Because that's just silly. Were that the case, "superior equipment" would never exist because there would be no point in getting it if it all performed the same.

    Sorry but when you buy a ps4, they give you everything you need to play games. They do not give you everything you need to play games at the highest level.

    Its the equivalent to buying a starter paintball gun kit, going to a tournament and then getting upset that the people with $2,000 kits stomped your $50 Wal-Mart kit.

    On topic: I'm okay that the spotting is removed. I never use a silencer so I my style won't change.

    That's not what I was saying. I am not saying equal at all. If a person wants to pay for top line headphones to get the edge that's fine. If now you have to rely on footsteps alone to determine direction, a person with a stock system won't be able to do that without buying extra accessories, which is not fair.

    May not be the best example, but from your paintball example it's more like paying for a tournament package that comes with a gun (.50 cal), protection, air, and paintballs but the paintballs are for .43 caliber guns.

    Im not sure what you don't understand. These STOCK headphones you use are obviously not suited for listening to a dynamic range of sounds, they were not made for listening to the environment, but someones VOICE when you're chatting.
    Why is this even an issue?

    Yet when you plug them in to chat to squadmates your sound is put through it. So one has to choose to give up one normal function of the game...hear footsteps in stereo to identify the enemy and not communicate to their team, or use stock equipment and give up the ability to identify where an enemy is coming from.

    I find it not right to force people to spend more money on accessories to be able to use core functions.

    To take the comment on how the earbud was to communicate, why did Sony make it included in PS4? So people can use the core functionality of party chats and game chat without having to purchase equipment for core functionality.

    The game sound has to come through your headphones because GAME CHAT IS PART OF THE GAME'S SOUND.

    The sound of the people's voices isn't coming from some other system or mechanic, it's coming from the game as well. They can't just rip the source of your sqaudmates' voices from the game and only put THAT through your headphones. Fortunately, most games feature in-game VoIP functionality that DOESN'T require stereo headphones, so a mono headset will work fine for hearing voice chat.

    The fact that sound can't come through headphones as well as your TV simultaneously is just a technical limitation of the PS4 itself, not the game - because the Xbox One allows you to hear sound through your headphones and television simultaneously. Again, that can't be blamed on anybody but Sony, and their "stock" equipment being technologically inferior to others.

    Again, that doesn't mean that game developers should pander to the lowest common denominator.

    Your headset IS primarily designed for using in-game chat functions and party chat functions - not listening to actual game sounds in a stereo setting. If they were, they would be STEREO headphones, not a mono earbud or a mono headphone (like Xbone's headset)

    Again it's my opinion that games should allow all core functionality to accommodate stock equipment, like it's your opinion to disagree. There is no right answer here, but calling other peoples ideas are stupid and write with condescending tones and CAPITAL words like youre talking to someone who doesn't speak english is unnecessary.

    For example: GAME CHAT IS PART OF THE GAME'S SOUND.

    You think I don't know that? You are so busy trying to proove you're so smart that you disregarded the whole point....AGAIN! The point is the earbud comes standard, given to PS4 players to allow people to use CORE FUNCTIONALITY without having to pay for outside accessories. I believe that games should align their core functionalities to stock equipment, because right now a stock PS4 user has to choose between sound or chat.

    And to be clear, since you seem to think otherwise, I am not saying earbud users should be equal to headphone users. I think people who pay for high quality headphones, like myself, should have an advantage. But I don't want people who choose to use stock equipment to be at an unfair disadvantage (I know kind of an oxymoron).
  • saivert
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I don't like minimap spotting at all. Hate it in BF4 because I generally don't ever look at the minimap myself (then I can't see what is in front of me and I don't multitask that well like others).
    That + ridiculously easy to use weapons like AEK-971 and ACE-23 (some also mention Bulldog) and people still cheat. I mean the game already come with built-in "cheats".
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Man I read this thread and just shook my head the whole time.

    Was the argument really "I should be able to compete equally with stock equipment vs players who have superior equipment"? Because that's just silly. Were that the case, "superior equipment" would never exist because there would be no point in getting it if it all performed the same.

    Sorry but when you buy a ps4, they give you everything you need to play games. They do not give you everything you need to play games at the highest level.

    Its the equivalent to buying a starter paintball gun kit, going to a tournament and then getting upset that the people with $2,000 kits stomped your $50 Wal-Mart kit.

    On topic: I'm okay that the spotting is removed. I never use a silencer so I my style won't change.

    That's not what I was saying. I am not saying equal at all. If a person wants to pay for top line headphones to get the edge that's fine. If now you have to rely on footsteps alone to determine direction, a person with a stock system won't be able to do that without buying extra accessories, which is not fair.

    May not be the best example, but from your paintball example it's more like paying for a tournament package that comes with a gun (.50 cal), protection, air, and paintballs but the paintballs are for .43 caliber guns.

    Im not sure what you don't understand. These STOCK headphones you use are obviously not suited for listening to a dynamic range of sounds, they were not made for listening to the environment, but someones VOICE when you're chatting.
    Why is this even an issue?

    Yet when you plug them in to chat to squadmates your sound is put through it. So one has to choose to give up one normal function of the game...hear footsteps in stereo to identify the enemy and not communicate to their team, or use stock equipment and give up the ability to identify where an enemy is coming from.

    I find it not right to force people to spend more money on accessories to be able to use core functions.

    To take the comment on how the earbud was to communicate, why did Sony make it included in PS4? So people can use the core functionality of party chats and game chat without having to purchase equipment for core functionality.

    The game sound has to come through your headphones because GAME CHAT IS PART OF THE GAME'S SOUND.

    The sound of the people's voices isn't coming from some other system or mechanic, it's coming from the game as well. They can't just rip the source of your sqaudmates' voices from the game and only put THAT through your headphones. Fortunately, most games feature in-game VoIP functionality that DOESN'T require stereo headphones, so a mono headset will work fine for hearing voice chat.

    The fact that sound can't come through headphones as well as your TV simultaneously is just a technical limitation of the PS4 itself, not the game - because the Xbox One allows you to hear sound through your headphones and television simultaneously. Again, that can't be blamed on anybody but Sony, and their "stock" equipment being technologically inferior to others.

    Again, that doesn't mean that game developers should pander to the lowest common denominator.

    Your headset IS primarily designed for using in-game chat functions and party chat functions - not listening to actual game sounds in a stereo setting. If they were, they would be STEREO headphones, not a mono earbud or a mono headphone (like Xbone's headset)

    Again it's my opinion that games should allow all core functionality to accommodate stock equipment, like it's your opinion to disagree. There is no right answer here, but calling other peoples ideas are stupid and write with condescending tones and CAPITAL words like youre talking to someone who doesn't speak english is unnecessary.

    For example: GAME CHAT IS PART OF THE GAME'S SOUND.

    You think I don't know that? You are so busy trying to proove you're so smart that you disregarded the whole point....AGAIN! The point is the earbud comes standard, given to PS4 players to allow people to use CORE FUNCTIONALITY without having to pay for outside accessories. I believe that games should align their core functionalities to stock equipment, because right now a stock PS4 user has to choose between sound or chat.

    And to be clear, since you seem to think otherwise, I am not saying earbud users should be equal to headphone users. I think people who pay for high quality headphones, like myself, should have an advantage. But I don't want people who choose to use stock equipment to be at an unfair disadvantage (I know kind of an oxymoron).

    Again - I use capitalization for emphasis, not to call anyone stupid. It's just easier than bolding, underlining, etc, because you have to use tags in order to so with everything you want to bold, underline, etc. This is only the 2nd time I've said this.

    It is necessary, because look at what just happened - I didn't emphasize the fact that I use capitalization for emphasis the LAST time I told you that was the reason I capitalized words - and you seemingly didn't read that at all and for the 2nd time responded claiming that I do it to be condescending to people.

    And yes, it seems you didn't know that game chat is part of the game's sound - because you literally just said:
    Yet when you plug them in to chat to squadmates your sound is put through it

    Implying that when you try to talk to your squadmates through a headset on BF4, that game sound isn't supposed to happen simultaneously along with your squadmates' voices. Which is impossible, because the game voice chat function is tied in with game sound as well. So it's shouldn't be a surprise that when you try and talk to people in GAME chat, that you also hear the GAME sounds through your headphones. Otherwise, how would you HEAR your squadmates?

    Again - implying that games should be specifically created so that MONO EARBUD COMMUNICATION HEADPHONES can be used to listen to the game to it's full extent is ridiculous.

    Because as long as a game is using STEREO sound (multi-direction and multi-channel sound), then you will NEVER be able to hear multi-direction sound through a MONO headset (mono meaning ONE channel, meaning you hear ALL sounds in that headphone no matter where you are or what you're doing in the game).

    I mean - do you even hear yourself? You're basically saying that because Sony includes a crap communication headset consisting of ONE mono earbud - that game developers should develop their games so that it's audio is set up for mono earbuds. That would result in games sounding just as horrible as BF4 sounds for you through the PS4 mono headset.

    It is physically and technologically impossible for a mono headset to portray multi-direction sounds like footsteps and gunshots because the headphones, by their own design, only run through ONE channel.

    You're not the only one that has complained that this game (as well as others) sounds horrible through that headset - because that headset was NOT made for listening to game audio. But, unlike you, none of those other people seemed opposed to people buying a better alternative, and none of them insisted that the game sound be made better for mono headsets that weren't designed for game sound.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm pretty sure there's a setting where you can only have the chat sounds come through the ear bud connected to the controller while the game sound comes through the tv. It has been a while since I have used that thing though. It may have changed.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there's a setting where you can only have the chat sounds come through the ear bud connected to the controller while the game sound comes through the tv. It has been a while since I have used that thing though. It may have changed.

    Yes there is. You can select "game audio" which is everything coming through your headphones or "chat audio" which is just the chat.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Man I read this thread and just shook my head the whole time.

    Was the argument really "I should be able to compete equally with stock equipment vs players who have superior equipment"? Because that's just silly. Were that the case, "superior equipment" would never exist because there would be no point in getting it if it all performed the same.

    Sorry but when you buy a ps4, they give you everything you need to play games. They do not give you everything you need to play games at the highest level.

    Its the equivalent to buying a starter paintball gun kit, going to a tournament and then getting upset that the people with $2,000 kits stomped your $50 Wal-Mart kit.

    On topic: I'm okay that the spotting is removed. I never use a silencer so I my style won't change.

    That's not what I was saying. I am not saying equal at all. If a person wants to pay for top line headphones to get the edge that's fine. If now you have to rely on footsteps alone to determine direction, a person with a stock system won't be able to do that without buying extra accessories, which is not fair.

    May not be the best example, but from your paintball example it's more like paying for a tournament package that comes with a gun (.50 cal), protection, air, and paintballs but the paintballs are for .43 caliber guns.

    Im not sure what you don't understand. These STOCK headphones you use are obviously not suited for listening to a dynamic range of sounds, they were not made for listening to the environment, but someones VOICE when you're chatting.
    Why is this even an issue?

    Yet when you plug them in to chat to squadmates your sound is put through it. So one has to choose to give up one normal function of the game...hear footsteps in stereo to identify the enemy and not communicate to their team, or use stock equipment and give up the ability to identify where an enemy is coming from.

    I find it not right to force people to spend more money on accessories to be able to use core functions.

    To take the comment on how the earbud was to communicate, why did Sony make it included in PS4? So people can use the core functionality of party chats and game chat without having to purchase equipment for core functionality.

    The game sound has to come through your headphones because GAME CHAT IS PART OF THE GAME'S SOUND.

    The sound of the people's voices isn't coming from some other system or mechanic, it's coming from the game as well. They can't just rip the source of your sqaudmates' voices from the game and only put THAT through your headphones. Fortunately, most games feature in-game VoIP functionality that DOESN'T require stereo headphones, so a mono headset will work fine for hearing voice chat.

    The fact that sound can't come through headphones as well as your TV simultaneously is just a technical limitation of the PS4 itself, not the game - because the Xbox One allows you to hear sound through your headphones and television simultaneously. Again, that can't be blamed on anybody but Sony, and their "stock" equipment being technologically inferior to others.

    Again, that doesn't mean that game developers should pander to the lowest common denominator.

    Your headset IS primarily designed for using in-game chat functions and party chat functions - not listening to actual game sounds in a stereo setting. If they were, they would be STEREO headphones, not a mono earbud or a mono headphone (like Xbone's headset)

    Again it's my opinion that games should allow all core functionality to accommodate stock equipment, like it's your opinion to disagree. There is no right answer here, but calling other peoples ideas are stupid and write with condescending tones and CAPITAL words like youre talking to someone who doesn't speak english is unnecessary.

    For example: GAME CHAT IS PART OF THE GAME'S SOUND.

    You think I don't know that? You are so busy trying to proove you're so smart that you disregarded the whole point....AGAIN! The point is the earbud comes standard, given to PS4 players to allow people to use CORE FUNCTIONALITY without having to pay for outside accessories. I believe that games should align their core functionalities to stock equipment, because right now a stock PS4 user has to choose between sound or chat.

    And to be clear, since you seem to think otherwise, I am not saying earbud users should be equal to headphone users. I think people who pay for high quality headphones, like myself, should have an advantage. But I don't want people who choose to use stock equipment to be at an unfair disadvantage (I know kind of an oxymoron).

    Again - I use capitalization for emphasis, not to call anyone stupid. It's just easier than bolding, underlining, etc, because you have to use tags in order to so with everything you want to bold, underline, etc. This is only the 2nd time I've said this.

    It is necessary, because look at what just happened - I didn't emphasize the fact that I use capitalization for emphasis the LAST time I told you that was the reason I capitalized words - and you seemingly didn't read that at all and for the 2nd time responded claiming that I do it to be condescending to people.

    And yes, it seems you didn't know that game chat is part of the game's sound - because you literally just said:
    Yet when you plug them in to chat to squadmates your sound is put through it

    Implying that when you try to talk to your squadmates through a headset on BF4, that game sound isn't supposed to happen simultaneously along with your squadmates' voices. Which is impossible, because the game voice chat function is tied in with game sound as well. So it's shouldn't be a surprise that when you try and talk to people in GAME chat, that you also hear the GAME sounds through your headphones. Otherwise, how would you HEAR your squadmates?

    Again - implying that games should be specifically created so that MONO EARBUD COMMUNICATION HEADPHONES can be used to listen to the game to it's full extent is ridiculous.

    Because as long as a game is using STEREO sound (multi-direction and multi-channel sound), then you will NEVER be able to hear multi-direction sound through a MONO headset (mono meaning ONE channel, meaning you hear ALL sounds in that headphone no matter where you are or what you're doing in the game).

    I mean - do you even hear yourself? You're basically saying that because Sony includes a **** communication headset consisting of ONE mono earbud - that game developers should develop their games so that it's audio is set up for mono earbuds. That would result in games sounding just as horrible as BF4 sounds for you through the PS4 mono headset.

    It is physically and technologically impossible for a mono headset to portray multi-direction sounds like footsteps and gunshots because the headphones, by their own design, only run through ONE channel.

    You're not the only one that has complained that this game (as well as others) sounds horrible through that headset - because that headset was NOT made for listening to game audio. But, unlike you, none of those other people seemed opposed to people buying a better alternative, and none of them insisted that the game sound be made better for mono headsets that weren't designed for game sound.
    You shouldn't have to bolderize or capitalize words, this is condense ding because you're assuming we can't understand it without you having to do it. Tell you what, go talk to some one and over emphasize words like you are doing here and let's see if someone doesn't deck you.

    Again point missed. Not asking developers to make stereo sound for mono headsets...you again are caught up in your own things trying to show how smart you are. I'm saying dont make sound to have such a pivotal importance to the game if it will put people with stock equipment at an unfair disadvantage.


  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    You shouldn't have to bolderize or capitalize words, this is condense ding because you're assuming we can't understand it without you having to do it. Tell you what, go talk to some one and over emphasize words like you are doing here and let's see if someone doesn't deck you.

    Again point missed. Not asking developers to make stereo sound for mono headsets...you again are caught up in your own things trying to show how smart you are. I'm saying dont make sound to have such a pivotal importance to the game if it will put people with stock equipment at an unfair disadvantage.


    Obviously I should have to do it - because you claimed that I only capitalize words to condescend people. I then told you that I don't do it for that reason, I do it for emphasis so people don't skip over parts of my argument (people tend to notice all-caps) < I didn't emphasize anything when I said that.

    You then continued, for the second time, to claim that I only capitalize words to be condescending.

    So obviously, I didn't emphasize that I only capitalize words for emphasis, and then you proceeded to seemingly not read that part of my response at all. I should have capitalized it, maybe then you would have read it, seeing as right now you seem to be hung up on the fact that I capitalize words.

    And I'm not missing your point - you didn't say that sound shouldn't be such a pivotal importance to the game, you said that game sound should be disigned so that people using inferior hardware aren't at a disadvantage.

    And as long as mono headsets can't process stereo sound in multiple directions, which will never happen, mono headset users will ALWAYS be at a disadvantage, no matter what shooter they play.

    But let's ignore that and focus on this part:
    I'm saying dont make sound to have such a pivotal importance to the game if it will put people with stock equipment at an unfair disadvantage.

    So what you're saying is that game developers should purposefully dumb down their sounds so that sound design matters less, so that people using inferior hardware aren't disadvantaged.

    So, essentially - DICE should ditch stereo surround sound so people who stupidly use mono communication headsets to listen to game sound, when those headsets aren't made for that at all, aren't disadvantaged.

    You're living in a delusional dream world if you even think that's a remote possibility. Sound has been a pivotal part of FPS games for over a decade now. I remember playing Halo Combat Evolved and BF2 and listening for people's footsteps to tell which direction they were coming from.

    Implying that those ideals and mechanics should be abandoned so that mono headset users aren't disadvantaged is, and I'll say it a million times, stupid.

    It's not the game developers' fault that Sony included a horrible mono headset solely for talking with your teammates or your friends, and that people find the need to try and listen to game audio through it like it's supposed to be effective at doing that or something.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    That's equiv to saying MS shouldn't release an OS I can't run fully (utilize all features) on my 386 setup.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's equiv to saying MS shouldn't release an OS I can't run fully (utilize all features) on my 386 setup.

  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's equiv to saying MS shouldn't release an OS I can't run fully (utilize all features) on my 386 setup.

    Actually not really, because there are minimum requirements stated in the software. It's the same reason why there are games not availible for previous gen.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    That's equiv to saying MS shouldn't release an OS I can't run fully (utilize all features) on my 386 setup.

    Actually not really, because there are minimum requirements stated in the software. It's the same reason why there are games not availible for previous gen.

    So similar to me having to purchase a new graphics card, or old gen console players having to buy the current gen to play BF1? The game itself provides certain features, but to enjoy/use them all at their fullest you have purchase something. 144Hz monitor so I can experience 144FPS, better mouse with higher polling rates and less input lag, a headset that supports surround sound....
Sign In or Register to comment.