No automatic minimap spotting when firing!!!!

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A mic works fine for PC gaming but you're obviously going to be missing a lot of audio cues on a console unless you have surround sound/a headset for that distance. Turning the volume up there just masks the subtle tones more.
    Stil3r wrote: »
    Saw this posted on reddit, perfect example of 3d spotting being a terrible design choice:
    https://gfycat.com/FirmTangibleAfricanbushviper

Ugh. There's still time, to get rid of both the awful spotting and stupid fog. Come on DICE. Balance a game outside close range and forced close range gameplay.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    That's equiv to saying MS shouldn't release an OS I can't run fully (utilize all features) on my 386 setup.

Actually not really, because there are minimum requirements stated in the software. It's the same reason why there are games not availible for previous gen.

So similar to me having to purchase a new graphics card, or old gen console players having to buy the current gen to play BF1? The game itself provides certain features, but to enjoy/use them all at their fullest you have purchase something. 144Hz monitor so I can experience 144FPS, better mouse with higher polling rates and less input lag, a headset that supports surround sound....

Ahh, yes purchase stuff to gain maximum experience, I support. But a person who plays with a 480P tv, I can still see characters in front of me or from a distance...will it be easier with 1080p, yes but it's not that people become invisible if I play at 480P.

If you get a better mouse, can you have better response and less input lag...of course but a standard mouse will still let me aim, shoot, and move, the fundamentals of the game. It's like saying you can fly in BF4 with a controller but can't change weapons without a flight stick.

Please don't confuse paying for premiums and having core functions availible for stock systems.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    That's equiv to saying MS shouldn't release an OS I can't run fully (utilize all features) on my 386 setup.

Actually not really, because there are minimum requirements stated in the software. It's the same reason why there are games not availible for previous gen.

So similar to me having to purchase a new graphics card, or old gen console players having to buy the current gen to play BF1? The game itself provides certain features, but to enjoy/use them all at their fullest you have purchase something. 144Hz monitor so I can experience 144FPS, better mouse with higher polling rates and less input lag, a headset that supports surround sound....

Ahh, yes purchase stuff to gain maximum experience, I support. But a person who plays with a 480P tv, I can still see characters in front of me or from a distance...will it be easier with 1080p, yes but it's not that people become invisible if I play at 480P.

If you get a better mouse, can you have better response and less input lag...of course but a standard mouse will still let me aim, shoot, and move, the fundamentals of the game. It's like saying you can fly in BF4 with a controller but can't change weapons without a flight stick.

Please don't confuse paying for premiums and having core functions availible for stock systems.

Your stock system can utilize the core feature just fine. You are choosing to use a separate piece of hardware (meant for a separate specific console feature) that results in limiting the functionality of an independent piece of software. And then wanting said software developer to provide/keep a feature that negates your choice to limit its basic functionality.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Your stock system can utilize the core feature just fine. You are choosing to use a separate piece of hardware (meant for a separate specific console feature) that results in limiting the functionality of an independent piece of software. And then wanting said software developer to provide/keep a feature that negates your choice to limit its basic functionality.

Like I said before....just my opinion.
  • AMEN2THAT
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    https://fat.gfycat.com/FirmTangibleAfricanbushviper.webm

But lets remove minimap spotting (which is the least "problem" when it comes to spotting features)
  • eztarget77
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A mic works fine for PC gaming but you're obviously going to be missing a lot of audio cues on a console unless you have surround sound/a headset for that distance. Turning the volume up there just masks the subtle tones more.
    Stil3r wrote: »
    Saw this posted on reddit, perfect example of 3d spotting being a terrible design choice:
    https://gfycat.com/FirmTangibleAfricanbushviper

Ugh. There's still time, to get rid of both the awful spotting and stupid fog. Come on DICE. Balance a game outside close range and forced close range gameplay.

Fog, or night, or anything that obstructs vision has the potential to change gameplay during a match and I like that. 3D spotting ruins that completely.
  • Rojo_the_Rooster
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So why do they have a flare gun that spots enemies? Exactly how does that work lol. I think you guys are talking out your butes.
  • VBALL_MVP
    So why do they have a flare gun that spots enemies? Exactly how does that work lol. I think you guys are talking out your butes.

Magic?
  • No1StingerUserUK
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Great, so now all the people with no trigger discipline have an easier time and the people with Surround Headsets get an even huger advantage.

Sounds terrific.
  • AKBear12
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Great, so now all the people with no trigger discipline have an easier time and the people with Surround Headsets get an even huger advantage.

Sounds terrific.

Fair trade if you ask me
  • No1StingerUserUK
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    AK-Bear-12 wrote: »

Sounds terrific.
    Fair trade if you ask me
    If you ask me it sounds like half the reason people don't play Hardcore in BF4 (the other half being how horribly balanced it is).
  • AMEN2THAT
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    https://fat.gfycat.com/FirmTangibleAfricanbushviper.webm

But lets remove minimap spotting (which is the least "problem" when it comes to spotting features)
  • Danko-Postman
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I really like this change. It was weird at first but this change makes the game a lot better. 3D spotting could use some work.

Instead of a dorito or class sign on top of the head, maybe the body can glow (or similar) for 1 or 2 secs and disappear.

Just an idea.
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They just need to make the spot tangible. If you can't physically see the enemy you shouldn't be able to see a box floating above his head either.
  • KDNS
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Well, I dunno. 3D spotting is supposed to take the place of callouts from your team. If your teammate tells you there is an enemy in the second floor hiding just to the right of the 3rd window from the East, but you can't see him, you still know he's there. 3D spotting should fill that role.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    KDNS wrote: »
    Well, I dunno. 3D spotting is supposed to take the place of callouts from your team. If your teammate tells you there is an enemy in the second floor hiding just to the right of the 3rd window from the East, but you can't see him, you still know he's there. 3D spotting should fill that role.

Maybe the idea behind 3d spotting is logical on paper, but it's implementation is atrocious. It's getting to the point where half of our kills are from shooting enemies we can't even see, from shooting at big neon red signs running across our screens.

That kind of pinpoint description of where an enemy is should be reserved for voice comm callouts or relegated to the minimap.

It's true there have been some improvements in the spotting, but the icons themselves are twice the size and much more gaudy
  • KDNS
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    KDNS wrote: »

Maybe the idea behind 3d spotting is logical on paper, but it's implementation is atrocious. It's getting to the point where half of our kills are from shooting enemies we can't even see, from shooting at big neon red signs running across our screens.

It's true there have been some improvements in the spotting, but the icons themselves are twice the size and much more gaudy

Agreed.

I'd like to see static spots. If you've seen ARMA you might know what I mean. They mark a position on the map and everyone with the map can see it by looking at the map, so it provides that communication of enemy movement....without making the game into doritoshooter2016
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd totally be one of the people doing that. Oh, aren't the perks of hand-holding features like 3D spotting just grand?
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I'd totally be one of the people doing that. Oh, aren't the perks of hand-holding features like 3D spotting just grand?

It just blows my mind. Dice must have picked up on the hate a lot of people have for 3d spotting and they make the icons even BIGGER ????