No automatic minimap spotting when firing!!!!

Comments

  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wouldn't really matter if it was bigger or smaller - as long as there's a red mark directly above an enemy's head and they're not behind some sort of cover, I'm gonna be hitting them regardless.
    -
    It's too easy - allowing me to lead and fire at people I can't even see. Good thing I can see the glowing red icon above their heads so I can still kill them, then look over at my teammate and thank him for pressing a *** button.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Wouldn't really matter if it was bigger or smaller - as long as there's a red mark directly above an enemy's head and they're not behind some sort of cover, I'm gonna be hitting them regardless.
    -
    It's too easy - allowing me to lead and fire at people I can't even see. Good thing I can see the glowing red icon above their heads so I can still kill them, then look over at my teammate and thank him for pressing a *** button.

    I'm just surprised that it went the other direction, becoming even more intrusive and ugly.
  • Visegrip117
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Man I read this thread and just shook my head the whole time.

    Was the argument really "I should be able to compete equally with stock equipment vs players who have superior equipment"? Because that's just silly. Were that the case, "superior equipment" would never exist because there would be no point in getting it if it all performed the same.

    Sorry but when you buy a ps4, they give you everything you need to play games. They do not give you everything you need to play games at the highest level.

    Its the equivalent to buying a starter paintball gun kit, going to a tournament and then getting upset that the people with $2,000 kits stomped your $50 Wal-Mart kit.

    On topic: I'm okay that the spotting is removed. I never use a silencer so I my style won't change.

    That's not what I was saying. I am not saying equal at all. If a person wants to pay for top line headphones to get the edge that's fine. If now you have to rely on footsteps alone to determine direction, a person with a stock system won't be able to do that without buying extra accessories, which is not fair.

    May not be the best example, but from your paintball example it's more like paying for a tournament package that comes with a gun (.50 cal), protection, air, and paintballs but the paintballs are for .43 caliber guns.

    I bought a "top line" headset because I enjoy good quality sound and because my wife and kids don't want to hear WW3 when I'm playing late at night. It was nothing to do with an advantage, though if it provides that, then that's a bonus.

    What's wrong with your tv sound that you keep saying you have to use the stock chat cable? Surely your tv would provide a better sound to play with.

    And why do you say you have to rely on footsteps alone? Spotting is still there just tweaked. Muzzle flash is still there, scope glint is still there, Audible call outs is still there, playing with a communicating squad is still an option.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They just need to make the spot tangible. If you can't physically see the enemy you shouldn't be able to see a box floating above his head either.

    Yup. This really isn't too much to ask.
  • onkruid26
    590 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Wouldn't really matter if it was bigger or smaller - as long as there's a red mark directly above an enemy's head and they're not behind some sort of cover, I'm gonna be hitting them regardless.
    -
    It's too easy - allowing me to lead and fire at people I can't even see. Good thing I can see the glowing red icon above their heads so I can still kill them, then look over at my teammate and thank him for pressing a *** button.

    I'm just surprised that it went the other direction, becoming even more intrusive and ugly.

    In my opinion it would be best if Dice introduces a slider in the options menu,s wich will effect the visibilty and/or size of said icons.

    That way those that want it gone can put it to 0 and vice versa or somewhere in between, both camps will hopefully be statisfied.

    Now perhaps the people who put it to 0 might say they are in a disadvantage because other people can still spot them with a huge icon and they cant.. Well its really ones own choice.

    Also i noticed the icons going away abit faster in BF1 compared to BF4.. or is it just me?

    Just my few cents on the matter, excuse my English.

    Snoobs.
  • Stil3r
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Sno0bs wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Wouldn't really matter if it was bigger or smaller - as long as there's a red mark directly above an enemy's head and they're not behind some sort of cover, I'm gonna be hitting them regardless.
    -
    It's too easy - allowing me to lead and fire at people I can't even see. Good thing I can see the glowing red icon above their heads so I can still kill them, then look over at my teammate and thank him for pressing a *** button.

    I'm just surprised that it went the other direction, becoming even more intrusive and ugly.

    In my opinion it would be best if Dice introduces a slider in the options menu,s wich will effect the visibilty and/or size of said icons.

    That way those that want it gone can put it to 0 and vice versa or somewhere in between, both camps will hopefully be statisfied.

    Now perhaps the people who put it to 0 might say they are in a disadvantage because other people can still spot them with a huge icon and they cant.. Well its really ones own choice.

    Also i noticed the icons going away abit faster in BF1 compared to BF4.. or is it just me?

    Just my few cents on the matter, excuse my English.

    Snoobs.


    That.....solves nothing, the entire point is that we don't want anyone to see it above others heads, it looks stupid and it gives too much away.

    Have FPS games came this far that we can't simply make it about you actually SEEING someone visually in a computer game and then playing rather then having to put arcadey icons above their heads that point them out?

  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I welcome this.Time to separate the boys from the men.
  • TroySt0rm
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    If visibility options were available in BF4, what makes you think they won't be available in BF1? If you don't want doritos, go play hardcore.
Sign In or Register to comment.