This Week in Battlefield V

DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• leHawkeye979
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Kirister wrote: »
    So Guys i found out what it is for me.... its when the Video Cards gets sooo hot that is underclocks itself to cool down, Battlefield cant handle it then. Happens all the time when my Video Card hits 80C°... never ever did i saw a game that overheats my video card :( RIP 130€
    Got the 770 SC from EVGA

I don't think that's the problem. I played 40 hours of the beta, which was late august, with crazy hot temperatures (south of France, no A/C) and I didn't get a single crash. And now that the temperature has significantly cooled down, I get crashes. My GPU is running at 62°C when I play BF1.

Ye but its the thing for me how it looks :/ the beta had one of the maps that doesnt use as much GPU power as others. Now my GPU runns 70-80 all the time on maps with many objects. Dont know what to do sadly, i just cranked the Cooler up by alot and now its working, played 3 full rounds without a crash. Early today i could net even finish half a round.
  • SUPFED
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same problem, nvidia 1080 :( This is ****, what did I pay for? Can't even launch the game.
  • N3CR0SYS
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    770 same thing
  • Sulaco81
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try disabling the Origin-in-Game.

Open Origin, in the upper left nav click on 'Origin' > Application Settings > Origin-in-Game, toggle to OFF.

Try it out, hope it helps!
  • JRMBigBird
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've disabled origin in game, no DX12, still does it. :(
  • leHawkeye979
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So ok guys its me again ... just crashed again so its not my gtx 770 overheating ... **** **** it always crashes when the round is almost over...
  • RedRiveRR_
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Disabling Origin overlay is bs. Dice just **** it up again for some people, and doesnt give a damn right now. Payed 100 bucks for a game i cant play. FFS
  • dsexton1975
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same errors here with 4Gb Nvidia GTX 770. Never saw this is BF1 beta and now today approx 5 times in the midst of battle. Any game mode and random times. Didn't check temps, but this needs fixing.
  • trouffiondu93
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here never had trouble during beta with 70+ Hours game and now time to time i have the same message below about direct X error "get device removed" "DXGI_DEVICE_ERROR_HUNG". Have to be patient and wait the first patch + new drivers and hope this will fix it.
  • SUPFED
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Patient? That is why they had the beta. This is crazy, it seems a LOT of people on PC are having this problem.
  • RedRiveRR_
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SUPFED wrote: »
    Patient? That is why they had the beta. This is crazy, it seems a LOT of people on PC are having this problem.

Indeed. I already mailed the support, but as always i just got a "Thank you for your report" Mail.
    We are literally paying extra money (If u have the early enlister edition) to play earlier, which is , for me atleast, impossible.
  • lipe01
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    try this

• RedRiveRR_
    edited October 2016
    lipe01 wrote: »
    try this

As already said before, switching of the Origin Overlay does not help. Neither does anything help at all, as we all said before.
  • lipe01
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RedRiveRR_ wrote: »
    lipe01 wrote: »
    try this

As already said before, switching of the Origin Overlay does not help. Neither does anything help at all, as we all said before.

Ok didnt read it, sorry,
  • Trooper-FY7771
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Posted by Sitty_Sky:

"...Found possible fix. So far I played couple hours without any crash.

Go you
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\__Installer\vc

You should see vc2012Update3 and vc2013 folders. Inside each, there is redist folder. Run the installer of both folders and select repair.

Let me know how yours went. ..."

ANSWER:

This solution worked on my system. After executing, my system and BF1 is working without any error.

Thanks to SITTY...!!

• Darqul
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    on my 980m 8gb everything works aok.
    just the big one with the 770 is having issues
    I think it might be because of 2560x1440 resolution

980m 1920x1080 no issues
  • UltraJesusLegs
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I had that error in beta. Does not happen fortunately in the full release. I remember a ram leak would hammer my pc in the beta but that has been fixed. Not sure if that helps at all though sorry.
  • hidden8277
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same issue. Have tried lots of this such as clean nvidia driver install, reinstalling the game etc.

No issues in beta either

Fix this dice/ea please
  • BlackScorpionNo1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same issue. Though I dont have to be in game. it will happen even in the menu, trying to open battlepacks etc..

Running a Gigabyte GTX780ti
    32GB RAM

Tried
    -Fixing BF1
    -Reinstalling Origin
    -Disabling Origin In Game
    -Toggling with DX12
    -Reducing video settings
    -Clean installed of video drivers and installing latest patch 373.06 and previous driver 372.90
    -Running in Windowed mode
    -Reinstalling DirectX

The BETA crashed a fair bit for me but I did manage to play a few full games in a row at some points. Now, I either dont get past menu or Iast 10secs-1min in game before crash.

Now BF4 is doing the same thing (ever since updating to those new drivers)

So ******* annoying... >:-(
  • Sitti_Sky
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Posted by Sitty_Sky:

"...Found possible fix. So far I played couple hours without any crash.

Go you
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\__Installer\vc

You should see vc2012Update3 and vc2013 folders. Inside each, there is redist folder. Run the installer of both folders and select repair.

Let me know how yours went. ..."

ANSWER:

This solution worked on my system. After executing, my system and BF1 is working without any error.

Thanks to SITTY...!!

Glad it worked for you. Please come back and let us know after you played a while longer. I thought mine is fixed at first but after a while, it crashed again. I'm trying it again to see if it makes any difference.
This discussion has been closed.