DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• Jita-Local
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same problem, GTX690. Pretty much only happens when I'm in gas, or taking off gas mask.
    Definitely not an overheating issue, all my temps look fine while playing
    Tried everything in the book, losing hope this is something I can fix myself.
  • Sitti_Sky
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like mine is sort of fixed. After I did my fix (doing repair install of files I specified), I turned off multi GPU of GTX690. I also restart Win10 each time before I launch BF1. Now it hasn't crashed for many hours and counting.
  • CoiNz1337
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same problem with gtx 770. Beta was fine, 10 hr week was fine.
    Had multiple crashes with this error and tried so many things. Ea help
  • MrPinkVI
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A patch and driver update cannot come soon enough. I have total faith that MANY of the issues we face with the crashing, FPS stutters/drops and so on, will be eliminated. I have spent the last 4 days trouble shooting my issues (game launch freezing my PC) and have come to the realization that it may be out of our control, and we are just spinning our tires in the mud. Hope we dont have to wait until Friday for the patch/driver.
  • urmumisanrpm
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Easy solution I found to this... uninstalled the game and requested a refund.
    Battlefield has a proud history of releasing games that are bug riddled on launch beginning with BF1942.
    This is no different, except I'm tired of the antics- I'm not paying for a game which is borked.
    No decent QA. No cash from me anymore.

https://www.origin.com/aus/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee
  • leHawkeye979
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Easy solution I found to this... uninstalled the game and requested a refund.
    Battlefield has a proud history of releasing games that are bug riddled on launch beginning with BF1942.
    This is no different, except I'm tired of the antics- I'm not paying for a game which is borked.
    No decent QA. No cash from me anymore.

https://www.origin.com/aus/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee

thx just did it :) **** EA gonna refund it and maybe buy the normal edition when it comes out on friday... for what did i pay 120€ when i cant even play it right now
  • sinbinkid
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    been getting this error everytime i join a game and play for 1-5 minutes...
    pc specs:

i7 6770k
    2x16gb ram
    nvidia 770 g/card

YES IVE UPDATED TO LATEST DRIVER...

bf1.jpg
  • leHawkeye979
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sinbinkid wrote: »
    been getting this error everytime i join a game and play for 1-5 minutes...
    pc specs:

i7 6770k
    2x16gb ram
    nvidia 770 g/card

YES IVE UPDATED TO LATEST DRIVER...

bf1.jpg

Refund the game on origin and get the normal version on friday, its not worth when u cant even play it right now. i just did the refund for my ultimate edition and im gonna buy the normal version in a couple of days since the error wont be fixed so soon.
  • Kirister
    189 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    327.90 drivers have much less crashes (I crash only after 2~3 games with them), than 373.06. Give them a try.
  • cooper1984
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had the same issue. i completely removed the nvidia drivers and re-installed them again. never had the problem again
  • VESPA5
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kirister wrote: »
    Same issue here with a GTX 770, tried all known fixes, including underclocking, to no avail.

6FKWKPE.png

Ironically, I played 40 hours of the beta and not a single crash, so the beta was more stable than release.

Good gawd. I got this twice (thankfully, ONLY twice so far). Once with DX12 on and once with DX12 off running on a 980ti. Nvidia probably already knows about this and are ready to release game ready drivers by the official launch on the 21st
  • PKA---El_Matador
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    same problem dxgi error device hung with gtx 690
    please fix nvidia or EA/Dice
  • BladerunnerxRC
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I was researching this error last night and found that someone had encountered it with BF3 awhile ago.. Their fix was to turn off anisotropic filtering.

I tried this and did not receive the error after playing for two hours.

This may or may not be a solution... we will see if the error returns when I get back online tonight.
  • minlillaponny
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I got a simular message, but with more info.
    Running with a 980 ti

Untitled_1.jpg
  • GameCypher
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    M3teora wrote: »
    Could be an issue with MSI Afterburner running in the background?

MSI Afterburner causes a lot of driver errors for sure when gaming i would stay clear of it if anyone is using it to monitor FPS.

• GameCypher
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Darqul wrote: »
    q266kVF.png

You got the DX 11 version of the error question for you were you running anything to monitor fps at the time of the error? https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/38471/dear-developer-directx-function-g-dx12render-failed-please-patch#latest
  • Echo1nTheMirror
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2016
    ok, So I've been through all 3 pages and seen some fixes and so far most haven't worked for all ! if any of the above helped you fix it, well then good, if NOT.
    WHAT that actually worked for me was changing the resolution and turning Vsync on, my monitor is a 60hrz monitor (i know not good for gaming but that's all i got for now) so but default i play with 59.99 hrz but that made my game blurry a bit, when i turned Vsync on and made it 1080p 50hrz it got fixed. i know thats the wrong refresh rate and i get the wrong refresh rate icon at the corner of my screen but now my game is sharp with no blur and runs smooth 60FPS even tho its set to 50hrz.
    hope this helps those who need fixing. also this fix is not mine i also read it somewhere on forums, so credits to the guy/guys who found it. (i don't remember the name)
  • PKA---El_Matador
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    afterburner is not the problem, without its also crashed!
    But when you downgrade the Mhz of Gpu with afterburner -200 and the memory -500 it runs a lot of time longer befor crash
  • IIILiftIII
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Any updates on this? I can't even play the game because of this.

GTX 770
  • LennyObez
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Same here with a GTX 760 OC; I played the game for 10 hours without problem, I got this bug today
This discussion has been closed.