DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• FinnHit
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Too much oc. Ans i dont mean that tv serie.
  • Kirister
    189 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FinnHit wrote: »
    Too much oc. Ans i dont mean that tv serie.

Nope. Majority of people having this bug run stock settings or even underclocked their card. Still persists.
  • To13y
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nvidia Drivers: 372.90

Is more stable then the latest 373.06. But it is still crashing but it takes longer. Sounds like a memory leak. Nothing we can do until drivers get patches and/or BF1.
  • RedRiveRR_
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IIILiftIII wrote: »
    Any updates on this? I can't even play the game because of this.

GTX 770

Sadly no. We'll have to wait for an Update from Dice or for a new Nvidia driver, which will most likely be released on October 21st.
  • AppLeNaToR
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What helped me to play a few rounds (still crashed, but i could play 4-6 rounds which never happend before) was to turn the game to "Borderless Window" mode.
    I don't know why, but it helped. At least for this gaming session tonight (before that, i crashed right after joining a match..)

I am also on:
    GTX690
    i7-3820
    16gbMem

Using 372.90 drivers. But after the crash at round start I figured the drivers might not help.
  • RAMSTN
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same Prob GTX 770. Cant belief this so crushing
  • ZSOJI
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bump, fix your game.

770, no issues with any other game.
  • Kirister
    189 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Has Dice ever communicated about this issue? Surely with the amount of reports, they must be aware of it.

Would be nice not to be left in the dark if a patch is upcoming, especially since it's ruining our early enlister experience, the only reason we paid extra $$$.
  • TheRealMcKay
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was getting this playing BF4 in the last week or so as well so it must be an nVidia issue.
  • IIILiftIII
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ok guys, I think I may have fixed my issue. Here's the step by step:

1. Go to Uninstall programs and uninstall every piece of Nvidia software.
    2. Restart computer after EACH install.
    3. Once everything is uninstalled, redownload GeForce Experience or the video driver.
    4. Restart computer

I don't have DX12 enabled or the GPU memory limit thing in the video options.

Since doing this, I haven't had a crash in the last 4-5 hours.

Hope this helps!
  • LumpyDiarrhea
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    These crashes are nothing new for BF titles. 2 solutions have worked for me in the past.

I would have crashes from overheating and gpu throttling, if that's not your issue then just ignore that, if you're not sure then use afterburner or percisionx16 and enable an agressive fan curve.

If that's not your problem try changing the in game video settings to windowed mode. You can also likley do this through geforce experience, but I haven't done it there in awhile.
  • Jita-Local
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bump
    This is ****. Has there been any word on a fix incoming?
  • Hurnfigur
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Guys, I had this issue since BF4 with two GTX 780Ti which had been overclocked by the manufacturer (inno3D and Gigabyte). I tried a lot of things but everything failed. By clocking the GPU to its standard clock it became better (1 error wihtin 6 hours gameplay) but it didn't really disappear.
    After almost 2 years of troubles with my 780Ti's and BF4 we found out that some graphics card ran into their voltage limitations and can't handle the boost. If you can't raise your voltage on your graphics card in the BIOS you're somehow screwed. The interesting thing is that any other game ran perfectly except for the Frostbite engine which really doesn't like overclocked GPUs at all.

The only solution for this: Buy a graphics card w/o any overclock or where you can at least raise the voltage with the BIOS.
  • I-DARK_WINTER-I
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • tomkrist
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What i did with this problem, which havent happen in 2 days is tuning the graphic details to low. When the graphic card gets
    around 80, there is a risk it will crash.
  • RedRiveRR_
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Found out i also have an outdated version of win10. I'll see if the update helps out, and I'll let you guys know.
  • SportsDudeJ
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016

So for your first step you installed both vc2013 and vc2012update3?

edit: nevermind I see the installer for both has a repair option... will be testing it out with 372.90 drivers shortly.
    Post edited by SportsDudeJ on
  • xDJ_Cas
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IIILiftIII wrote: »
    Ok guys, I think I may have fixed my issue. Here's the step by step:

1. Go to Uninstall programs and uninstall every piece of Nvidia software.
    2. Restart computer after EACH install.
    3. Once everything is uninstalled, redownload GeForce Experience or the video driver.
    4. Restart computer

I don't have DX12 enabled or the GPU memory limit thing in the video options.

Since doing this, I haven't had a crash in the last 4-5 hours.

Hope this helps!

As for point #2 > No need to restart PC after uninstalling each nVidia service. It makes no sens. Just use DDU after uninstalling all nV stuff and clean it via Safe Mode

One more note: Once driver is installed then do following:

-enter nVidia Cotrol Panel
    -3D settings
    -Select Personal settings
    -Select bf1.exe
    -select opton Power Management > Maximum power and hit Apply/Save

Then do your best and play)
  • TRDFURGSN
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same issue here. It happens more so on loading screens btwn matches right at ~30secs left. Sometimes right before a match ends, which is super frustrating. First starting playing with auto settings, which were Ultra on almost everything. Then moved everything to medium settings and still didn't work.

Specs: i7 processor @3.4ghz
    16G Ram
    Nvidia GTX 690
  • KaboomCrazypants
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Had the same issue (not during beta though). Installing the latest windows 10 update seems to be working for me. So far, no crashes after 5 hours.

EDIT: Never mind. Crashed again after a few hours
    Post edited by KaboomCrazypants on
This discussion has been closed.