DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• GTOAviator8
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To make matters more confusing, there are two separate threads on this same topic (see the link in my video description).
  • GTOAviator8
    Curious - but has anyone tried reverting their Windows 8.1 updates back to September? I just noticed 5 automatic updates installed between 10/15 - 10/17 from Windows. It is the only thing which could have changed between the time of beta and the time of BF1 release.

I have deleted the 5 Windows updates and will test after my next meeting ends... stay tuned.
  • SportsDudeJ
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Curious - but has anyone tried reverting their Windows 8.1 updates back to September? I just noticed 5 automatic updates installed between 10/15 - 10/17 from Windows. It is the only thing which could have changed between the time of beta and the time of BF1 release.

I have deleted the 5 Windows updates and will test after my next meeting ends... stay tuned.

I wouldnt say nothing has changed from beta to BF1, considering how small the beta was compared and who knows what they added that could be conflicting with nvidia drivers or something. Im about to try the repairing redist recommendation going to see how that goes shortly.
  • Blue_PiIl
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    same here somebody know fix?
  • Kirister
    189 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I've done literally every known fix to mankind, and the crashes are still not fixed. At best, they happen less frequently (2~3 matches). Mount Grappa and Ballroom Blitz seem to have a much higher chance to crash the game early on.

- Repaired BF1.
    - Deleted, re-downloaded and reinstalled BF1 completely.
    - Deleted settings (BF1 Folder in Documents).
    - Updated Windows 10.
    - Cleaned drivers (Display Driver Uninstaller).
    - Updated drivers (373.03).
    - Rolled back drivers (372.90).
    - Disabled DX12.
    - Disabled/Enabled Vsync.
    - Switched from Fullscreen to Borderless.
    - Underclocked GPU Core/Mem.
    - Reinstalled VC Redist.
    - Checked GPU temp (62°C full load ingame, so not really hot).
    - Set "max power/performance" in nVIDIA control panel.
    - Set gametime.maxvariablefps 60 (and 61, 80, etc...)
    - No MSI Afterburner or any similar program running in the background.
    - Very clean Windows 10 install with minimal programs running in the background.
    - Disabled Origin ingame.
    - Uninstalled Geforce Experience.

I have a GTX 770 (Gigabyte Windforce 2GB, i5 4670, 8Gb RAM, 144Hz Monitor).
    When the game doesn't crash, it runs smoothly at 1080p medium (60+fps). Not a single stutter or unusual framerate drop.
    I play Conquest 64 exclusively.
    I never had a single crash in 450+ hours of BF4, 40 hours of BF1 beta, nor any in BF Hardline and Battlefront betas. All these games ran perfectly.

Your move, nVIDIA/Dice.
    Post edited by Kirister on
  • NatasKaupus
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Kirister wrote: »
    Same issue here with a GTX 770, tried all known fixes, including underclocking, to no avail.

6FKWKPE.png

Ironically, I played 40 hours of the beta and not a single crash, so the beta was more stable than release.

same card here and same experience in beta and unfortunately same experience with DX error now with what i assume is the final version of the game.

What with this and unpredictable mouse input lag, which I also didn't see in beta this game is pretty much unplayable at this point.
  • DukeTallstagg
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I dissabled the nvidia experience optimalisation of the game. And it became a lot more stable.
  • IIILiftIII
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bump to keep this at the top of the forums for visibility. EA needs to say they are aware of this error already.
  • JRMBigBird
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As well as the pop up for a DXGI_Error crash, mine will also crash when loading a new map during a round of operations. Its a black screen with the sound repeating very quickly. It requires a restart.
  • NightMare-xNLx
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    NVIDIA 373.06 AND 372.90 give DIRECTX errors on GTX 770
    Cannot finish a game normally
  • NightMare-xNLx
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Beta was fine..... This release is buggy!
  • ZSOJI
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    *removed - Profanity*
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • FinnHit
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Np OC = less errors. Its not the game. GAME IS SUPER GOOD!
  • Redleft
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When nvidia make new update for this problem ?
  • Kirister
    189 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    FinnHit wrote: »

It is the game. We've been over this. You haven't read much of the thread, have you? People run stock or even underclock and get these crashes still.
  • RedRiveRR_
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Are you serious right now? The game is fun, but only if you're able to play which we are not.
  • RedRiveRR_
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To make matters more confusing, there are two separate threads on this same topic (see the link in my video description).

Nice Video mate. Im hoping for a hotfix/new driver aswell.
  • NatasKaupus
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

maybe for you but not for everyone.
  • GTOAviator8
    UPDATE: deleting the 5 recent windows (8.1) updates did not fix. So I went ahead and upgraded to Windows 10, with the two important updates released today. Just received another Direct X Function Error crash to desktop.

Going on ~8 hours spent trying to find a work around for these crashes, I'm starting to lose patience.
  • SportsDudeJ
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    UPDATE: deleting the 5 recent windows (8.1) updates did not fix. So I went ahead and upgraded to Windows 10, with the two important updates released today. Just received another Direct X Function Error crash to desktop.

Going on ~8 hours spent trying to find a work around for these crashes, I'm starting to lose patience.

honestly at this point so many people have tried so many different things it might be worth just waiting until tomorrow to see if theres a day one driver update and or game update that has a fix.
This discussion has been closed.