DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• Klootgieter123
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol still no fix for BF1? sad..... No BF5 for me....
  • Contayjen
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just spent a grand on PC upgrades to play this game and a week in, this is where I end up. The BF1 crash club :D :D
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2
    ''I just spent a grand on PC upgrades to play this game''

hu....hue....huehue......HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH

This will get you in a good mood again:

• GRABibus
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I experiment in BF1 random crashes with message (See here the EVGA realted post, which is also for BF5) :

https://forums.evga.com/Battlefield-V-DirectX-crasherror-with-any-amount-of-OC-on-GTX-1080-Ti-SC-Black-m2881989.aspx#2927315

I have an overclock on my GTX 1080Ti which is perfectly stable in all my games and all benchmark tests :
    COD BO3, COD BO4, Overwatch, Titanfall 2, SWBF, SWBF 2, DOOM, CS GO, Time Spy, HEaven Benchmarks, Superposition.

BUT, for BF1 and BF5, no way. Random crashes with the message DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (see enclosed EVGA link).
    It can occur after minutes of games, or 1 hour...

As soon as I add only 10MHz on my GTX 1080 Ti, those randow crashes occur.

I have tested roughly all I could, except trying stock frequencies...

Are some of you get he same issues and do we know where those crashes could come from ?
    Because I can't believe that adding 10MHz only on GPU frequency makes those 2 games crashw hile, from my side, adding 126MHz on the GPU Frequency is perfectly stale in all games and benchmark tests I listed above.

My card is a Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC flashed with Bios EVG FTW3 358W => Base clock = 1569MHz for the GPU.

So, 1695MHz base clock (1569MHz + 126MHz) stable in COD BO3, COD BO4, Overwatch, Titanfall 2, SWBF, SWBF 2, DOOM, CS GO, Time Spy, HEaven Benchmarks, Superposition.
    So, 1579 MHz base clock (1569MHz + 10MHz) crahes in BF1 and BF5 as explained...

I didn't test yet at 1569MHz as I want to be sure first there is not a fix somewhere or an explanation.

Thank you.

• EdwinSpangler
    1776 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRABibus wrote: »
    Random crashes with the message DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

What PSU do you have? Thats what it was for me after ruling out that to be the cause...

Was using a bronze certified corsair 750 and changed to a seasonic 850 platinum and it fixed that "GPU physically removed from system error"..

• GRABibus
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What PSU do you have? Thats what it was for me after ruling out that to be the cause...

Was using a bronze certified corsair 750 and changed to a seasonic 850 platinum and it fixed that "GPU physically removed from system error"..

I have a Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W

• EdwinSpangler
    1776 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I have a Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W

Im wondering if this has anything to do with the bronze/silver/gold/plat rating of the PSUs...?

• TehDatsun
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I get the same video card removed message multiple times a day, sometimes every game, sometimes after a couple of hours. The usual start Task Manager and end process, etc. So frustrating.

But now it's got even worse, the game has the black background, spinning white wheel thing coming up every 10 seconds or so, can't customize solider in or out of game, can't use any of the Options settings as it returns you back to the More menu, etc. The list of bugs is endless. Done everything suggested that you can find on the net bar starting from scratch again. Update drivers, turn off Origin in-game overlay, turn off cloud save, delete BF1 folder, repair game, blah, blah, blah...

Combined with the hacking of some of those well known names that must not be named who I and others have reported multiple times over months now, that is it for me. Played it today for the last time. 

And BFV? You have to be joking. After this experience, I wouldn't go near it.
This discussion has been closed.