DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• GTOAviator8
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree. Afraid the recent YouTube videos casting false hope with "all problems fixed if you do this" snake oil solutions aren't helping anything either.
  • versicol0ur
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thought I had avoided these errors, just played an hour of single player, then get the error message come up.
    8GB RAM
    GTX770
    Windows 10, latest updates
    373.06 Nvidia Drivers
  • -NMF-TrIxNuTz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I found the following to be my issue with this bug.

During gameplay, without using dx12, regardless of border or full screen, my gtx770 will get to 80-82 degrees celcius which will usually cause the error to appear. I found that by increasing the temp target in evga precision to a value of above 85 seems to prevent this issue. For further clarification i also allow over voltage.
  • FistyMcBeef
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    having the same issue after trying most fixes.

i7930 @3.4GHz
    GTX 770 with latest drivers
    16gb ram
    origin in-game disabled
    medium settings
    vsync on
    repaired whateverthehell those 2 files some guy said to try
    etc... etc...
  • nani1962
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    1 min into the gamer you gotta be kidding me FFS same ****.
  • Desmolas
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    uYnXNea.png

Similar issue here. I've tried all the **** recommended, reverting nvidia drivers to 1 version older, repairing C++ redists, disabling Overlays etc. Nothing working. Goddamnit self! How many times have i told you to never buy games at release!? I'll never learn. Seriously though, this is ****, i give up. Already ticketed GreenManGaming.com for a refund ,which by law in the EU they have to honor but they will probably go 'Not our fault! No refund! Wait till EA fixes their ****!"

Why is it so goddamn hard for EA/DICE to make a battlefield game release go smoothly from a technical standpoint? They had a **** working game in the beta why does it all of a sudden not work now? 1 step forward 2 steps back.
  • SportsDudeJ
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    On the Nvidia forums its been all but confirmed we will get game ready drivers by the official release point later tonight. Hopefully this fixes the issues but who knows really.
  • FistyMcBeef
    edited October 2016
    tried to chat with EA, and they told me to update Visual C++ Redistributable and closed my ticket without confirming that it worked (which I doubt it will.) No matter that it was already installed and updated. thanks EA!
  • St0n3ymontana
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What graphics settings are you running at? I think this is happening if you try putting the graphics settings beyond what your gpu can handle.
  • IIILiftIII
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FuhQnDie wrote: »
    What graphics settings are you running at? I think this is happening if you try putting the graphics settings beyond what your gpu can handle.

No, just no....it's a game/driver issue.
  • St0n3ymontana
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IIILiftIII wrote: »

Ok, well don't bother trying it then i don't really care.
  • sixZzsh0t
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IIILiftIII wrote: »

Ok, well don't bother trying it then i don't really care.

I'll explain a bit more than he did lol. Even if your card can't handle the settings you have it on it will just result in low FPS not the DirectX errors we have been receiving. From the posts I've seen it's been happening with guys running low settings on high end cards as well
  • Gn0sis
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I might be completely wrong here, but i haven't got anymore of those crashes after i went to Origin games--->Battlefield1--->installer--->vc and re-installed both the vc2012update3 and vc2013.

Played 3 hours straight without crashing, whereas before installing those files, i could only play 5-55 minutes...
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gn0sis wrote: »
    I might be completely wrong here, but i haven't got anymore of those crashes after i went to Origin games--->Battlefield1--->installer--->vc and re-installed both the vc2012update3 and vc2013.

Played 3 hours straight without crashing, whereas before installing those files, i could only play 5-55 minutes...

Doesn't work.
  • skates15
    453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It just started happening to me tonight on my first game. I've been playing since Origin early access, no problems for hours on end, but tonight, first game, BAM! Error. Very irritating since this is the release version. I have a 780Ti, I7 4770, 16GB Dual channel ram.
  • footesoulja-85
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i only got that error on dx 12 11 works fine
  • ekyxor
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Calm your **** and wait for the omptimized drivers from Nvidia, latest drivers (373.06) isn't optimized and causes only problems with BF1. New drivers should be released soon™.
  • FistyMcBeef
    edited October 2016
    ekyxor wrote: »
    Calm your **** and wait for the omptimized drivers from Nvidia, latest drivers (373.06) isn't optimized and causes only problems with BF1. New drivers should be released soon™.

you might be right. EA support has been total garbage, but I think it might not be a problem on the BF1 side.

Now EA wants me to contact them at 9am British Standard Time, which is 3am my time. This is fubar.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sulaco81 wrote: »
    Try disabling the Origin-in-Game.

Open Origin, in the upper left nav click on 'Origin' > Application Settings > Origin-in-Game, toggle to OFF.

Try it out, hope it helps!

Nope, does nothing to fix this issue.
  • GTOAviator8
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Couple updates - been playing the game all evening with a fresh install of Windows 10 AND the newest version of GeForce Experience. I don't mean the 373.06 drivers, I mean the actual GeForce application. Apparently the app does not automatically update as you may assume.

Anyway, played all evening with no crashes. Also, having just updated from Windows 8.1, it is blatantly obvious that BF1 was never optimized for 8.1. Everything from the mouse cursor movement to menu navigation - I can't put my finger on it, but it feels so much crisper on Win 10.

About 15 minutes about, a guy jumped into our game and said he had just downloaded the new nVidia drivers for his GTX1070 (which apparently were just released). I just checked for new drivers and none are showing up for my GTX770. My guess is they are either releasing the new drivers in batches and the 1070/1080 boys are getting theirs first, or we're not getting a new patch for 700 series cards. I sure hope the former is the case.
This discussion has been closed.