DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• NatasKaupus
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Left the game just after release because of this bug. Comeback nearly TWO MONTHS LATER because ya know that's a reasonable amount of time to expect this BS to be fixed and still the same ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. GG DICE G.G.
  • Zaares
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EDK-Rise wrote: »
    Zaares wrote: »
    I had 2 dx errors today and then the 3rd one was different:
    dxerr.png?psid=1
    What is this? Virtual memory: 4,07TB/4,1TB? :smiley:
    I got this error while leaving.

I get this one too every once in a while when my GPU is overclocked.

Change post processing to medium and try again.

I have everything medium except the mesh setting, which is set to low.
  • CRO_Getz
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've got this one!

Played all morning quite good and wanted to give it a go in the evening, now this happens when I try to start the game:

http://i.imgur.com/GdMY3Bl.png
  • o_Lukatz_o
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    same error :-S ... HD6900 Series are suddenly not supported anmore?
  • Vodnek
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    I can confirm that GTX690 still crashing and with this latest driver safe maps may also crash during operations gameplay/territory progression screen.(it's totally new to me!) I tried old drivers, performance was acceptable BUT there is missing textures and horrible AA & resolution (1920x1080 / 144Hz / RS:100 / all Ultra & TAA settings) compared to latest driver as expected. No crash tho. I'll stick with latest driver until the fix and play safe maps like i do since release... Hope it gives some ideas before you take action or gives enough info about current state if you are not try to play atm as a GTX690 user. Flickering gone btw. Sometimes on squad screen but it won't stay and i can live with that. Still can't believe that no fix so far. It's getting more and more emberrassing and yet no sign of shame from who are responsible for this situation.
    Post edited by Vodnek on
  • Mahollic
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Ok guys try this solution. Any of you have a video card with 2gb or less you have to overclock to run bf1. After you do the latest update on video card. You need to get a overclock program for your video card. Mine is Evga gtx 770 2gb so I download EVGA PrexisionX. Messing around the overclock has fix my issues. For those has the same card I have or any Evga this settings will work. Open the Prexixionx. On power target out it on 102%; Temp target 84c; GPU Clock +70mhz; Mem clock +300mhz. If you are able to play this more than 2 hr then your good to go. Let me know if this works. O don't forget to let the overclock software run while playing. I noticed when I boot up my pc and play bf1 I forgot to run the software and I get that error.
  • SnugglesIV
    283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    rikumk52 wrote: »
    SnugglesIV wrote: »

Give it some time and then report back. I've had 4 hour sessions without seeing an error. Other times, I've crashed after the first round. This error is VERY temperamental and will appear at random. The only way to be sure that your system is fixed is to play 2 hours a day for a week.
    i updated 376.33 drivers when it was available. Every day since updating, about 2-3h of multiplayer and no errors. i bet that after 10h of gameplay error should occur, but not for me.
    Normally before patch and drivers, it occurs ~15 minutes of gaming. but now almost full week without crash shows some hope for me.

Give it a week of 2-3 or more hours of play a day. I've had the occasional 5 hour binge of BF1 without seeing the error once. Again, it's a very temperamental error and will appear without warning.
    The thread doesnt need you to bump it (which would be a violation of the forum rules)

Nvidia are still investigating and working with dice.
    Dice are also looking into fixes to resolve this.

You are not going to get any other answers right now I'm afraid.

What qualifies as "bumping" a thread? A lot of the replies are either new people reporting the error or continued trouble shooting and updates on the error after new drivers or patches. I'd just like to know so I don't get timed out suddenly.
  • Qc_PoinTDexteR
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i tried overclocking my gtx770 it did not crash but i still get a random freeze in game each 30 sec
  • Qc_PoinTDexteR
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    tried it in windowed mode i get 2-3min after it start to freeze again
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2016
    Although this thread is nearly three times longer than felixlynch777's BF3 thread "Proof jets are OP", it somehow hasn't had the same effect as that thread which resulted in massive nerfs for jets and a complete dismantling of the Battlefield we had come to know and love. Seems EA only listens to people whose opinions fall into line with their own agenda but customers with real difficulties running the games they've paid top dollar for get forgotten.
    Post edited by warslag on
  • lllHyPhEnlll
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have crashed multiple times due to the dx error. I just bought the game. This is very upsetting!
  • lllHyPhEnlll
    I just want to add i have 3x 680 4gb FTW cards. 3930k oc 4.5. It only uses 50% to 60% cpu and 50% memory. I have 16gb memory. So this is not a problem on our end or our hardware. I play other games just fine.
  • lllHyPhEnlll
    leaving this out there. Run Furmark for about an hour. If you crash your video card is unstable.

Do you really think that everyone that's having this problem has a unstable video card all of a sudden? Come on man!
  • hchief996
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Few patches later, several driver updates later and still no fix. I keep crashing on Ballroom blitz and St. Quentin Scar. Heck when Giant's shadow came out, I crashed as well. I'm sorry for my language but what the ****. Its been two months since the game is released and there is no fix. Just like Battlefield 4. These are my specs:

Intel Core i7-3960X 3.30 GHz
    16 GB Ram
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 690
    Windows 10 Pro

Graphics Card Driver version: 376.33

My PC is capable of at least playing on Medium settings. I was able to play the alpha and beta just fine without crashing so what the hell happened between the day it was shown off at E3 to now. I keep my PC clean and up to date for the most part and while my graphics card is old, it is still capable. Not everybody can afford to buy a new graphics card, DICE. Nvidia if you put as much effort into driver testing as you did on your AI project, you wouldn't have to have p***ing matches with DICE and AMD. Fix the game. It was fine at E3, it was fine during the Alpha and beta.
  • Mahollic
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    i tried overclocking my gtx770 it did not crash but i still get a random freeze in game each 30 sec

That's getting somewhere. I know its the game that we all are having trouble. Seems like battlefield done screwed up everyones nivida that has gtx 770 and below. Do you have Precision showing FPS and Temp on the top left while playing battlefield? You should get 80-120 if you have the same card I have. Just need to see your temp and fps.
  • C_Sbaitso99
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I know it's been said but make sure all your drivers are updated not just gpu, mainly your audio drivers. I found out my hd audio device had really old drivers, I updated them and also use a utility program to make sure my cpu cores were all permanently unparked(not sure this mattered). I am not crashing much now like before maybe once every 6 hours now.
  • Mazzacre91
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    The total silence from DICE/EA lately is starting to worry me. Nvidia is more or less as silent as well. I mean when's the last time we actually got a message regarding the fixing? Last thing I remember was fixing some exceptions in the patch note. Prior to that there must've been silence for atleast 2-3weeks? The message we got then was from twitter of all places, instead of DICE/EA actually using their own forums to communicate with their userbase. Give us the message on as many platforms as possible; your OFFICIAL forums, reddit, twitter, facebook, and whatever else you think is a good place to announce it.
    Please. Update. Us. Are you actually making progress? Can we realistically expect a fix by the end of January?
    Can you please send out hotfixes as scenarios gets fixed instead of waiting for a content patch? When you choose to do what you're currently doing you're just prolonging the pain of all the players suffering from the crashes. Why would you do this? The user experience for this good game is bad due to the crashing, and seemingly you're half assing the fixing.
  • drunkmonk74
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They won't release hot fixes on PC. I think it was BF3 that they did this (might be mistaken), but EA/Dice agreed with MS and Sony, that all platforms would receive patches and updates at the same time. So patches on PC will only be released when they're ready to release patches on console. Been like that for a few years now and just another example of telling you where their priorities lie!
  • b00ch
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ever since this last update the game crashes constantly. Never had a problem before. I used to not be able to get sli to work in DX12. now dx12 doesnt work at all in fullscreen. I switch to DX 11 and now sli works and it crashes constantly.

[email protected] on H20
    2x 980ti @1455 on H20

Gpus never go over 38c on full load. usually sit at 32c to 35c
    Cpu sits at 45-50c

Please fix this asap. The game was fine before.
  • Mazzacre91
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    They won't release hot fixes on PC. I think it was BF3 that they did this (might be mistaken), but EA/Dice agreed with MS and Sony, that all platforms would receive patches and updates at the same time. So patches on PC will only be released when they're ready to release patches on console. Been like that for a few years now and just another example of telling you where their priorities lie!

Which makes absolutely no sense as the consoles doesn't have these issues at all. So if they agreed to do something like that just proves they have absolutely no clue of how to handle games on different platforms. An example: "The game after this patch runs on 15fps on PS, however this is not a problem on neither xbox or pc." Do you seriously think EA/DICE would delay a patch fixing that problem? They have to act on a situation to situation basis, else it's horrible practice, simple as that. They're ruining the experience for a pretty big chunk people, effectively showing us the middle finger by their absolute silence.

Post edited by Mazzacre91 on
This discussion has been closed.