DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• Harbir17777
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    SwegLurk wrote: »
    Anyone knows what driver has been most successfull for users with gtx 770?

334.89 works for me for a time

going to test this one now
  • Harbir17777
    edited January 2017
    downloading
  • GaMe21195
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    The hotfix does not help, at least for me on my nvidia gtx 760... First day I installed it everything was working fine played it for 3 hours, and suddenly today i'm getting more crashes with the hotfix then with the previous drivers...
  • espinetegg
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2017
    Drivers 378.49 STILL CRSAH :s :s

NOTHING DIFFERENT, BATTLECRASH 1

MSI GT73VR 6RE TITAN GTX 1070
  • Harbir17777
    espinetegg wrote: »
    Drivers 378.49 STILL CRSAH :s :s

NOTHING DIFFERENT, BATTLECRASH 1

MSI GT73VR 6RE TITAN GTX 1070

even on 1070 it crash dammm
  • koweratus
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And I thought I will be able to enjoy battlefield 1 for the first time .....
  • uz_bolderaju
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Latest drivers 378.49  WHQL crash .
    win 10 x64 pro , i5 3570k , GTX 770 2Gb , RAM 8Gb
    Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 1/24/2017 7:55:27 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: DESKTOP-FNRR6LN
    Description:
    Faulting application name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.47.30570, time stamp: 0x5842f1e9
    Faulting module name: dxgi.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x58258ce5
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000006a30
    Faulting process id: 0x172c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2766b049daca4
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dxgi.dll
    Report Id: 5377e230-6a16-4a6b-925b-c7c382673f38
    Post edited by uz_bolderaju on
  • PeacefulBeing
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SnugglesIV wrote: »
    This is affecting GTX1070 as well. I usually toy around with the settings and uninstall-reinstall my drivers until it manages to run for a few hours before crashing again. Sometimes, it crashes upon loading the menu.

@SekkusuYaritaiNa

You need to post more than just your GPU. What's your CPU, RAM, OS etc? You can have a GTX 1080 with liquid cooling and still get DirectX errors because your CPU or RAM is holding you back. What drivers are you using, and what options is your game currently set to (including resolution scaling and DirectX version)?

I have a ASUS GTX 1070 Dual OC with a i7 4770 and 16GB of RAM (Windows 10 x64 bit) and I have not run into a single problem, even when I've been playing for 5 hours and such. Before I had a GTX 770 and BF1 was incredibly inconsistent when it came to DirectX errors.

PS. I can assume that the error has yet to be fixed for 770 users? It's been a while since I've checked up on this thread.

GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700HQ, 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. I tested with almost all drivers starting from the earliest driver that is needed to run Battlefield 1. No luck. However, interchanging between directX 11 and 12 allows me to sometimes play the game. Resolution scaling at default of 125%. This problem is hard to figure out, I could crash at the lowest of quality and when I set it to ultra, the crash stops. Or the other way around.
  • I__HJP__I
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is there anyone here that gets a freeze instead of the crash? On the same maps too (Empire, Grappa, Scar, Ballroom)?
  • RevvinUK
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A new day, a new driver and an update for Origin but still same old DX error, come on DICE/EA please fix this.
  • uz_bolderaju
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    imho we will get a fix when next Brokenfield series game came up :angry: :D

I hope all who preorder BF1 get the same error as me and next time they will think twice before give money to DICE/EA !
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    have you all filled in the feedback form requested by nvidia?
  • Courtathor
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    have you all filled in the feedback form requested by nvidia?

Do you have a link to the form?
  • chaosthenerd
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tried so many (uncountable) drivers - currently running the 337.88 (quite old but stable)
    -gefore gtx770 (2GB)

lets wait for the new patch - maybe it gets fixed then :joy:

• Vk-Shelby
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    AMD users can try this |FIXED FOR ME|

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/83679/directx-function-error-amd-fixed#latest

previous page i saw a guy talking about 2014 drivers nvidia, and had no issues for almost 40 hours gameplay.. did anyone have tested 2014/2015 drivers?
  • St0n3ymontana
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SnugglesIV wrote: »
    This is affecting GTX1070 as well. I usually toy around with the settings and uninstall-reinstall my drivers until it manages to run for a few hours before crashing again. Sometimes, it crashes upon loading the menu.

@SekkusuYaritaiNa

You need to post more than just your GPU. What's your CPU, RAM, OS etc? You can have a GTX 1080 with liquid cooling and still get DirectX errors because your CPU or RAM is holding you back. What drivers are you using, and what options is your game currently set to (including resolution scaling and DirectX version)?

I have a ASUS GTX 1070 Dual OC with a i7 4770 and 16GB of RAM (Windows 10 x64 bit) and I have not run into a single problem, even when I've been playing for 5 hours and such. Before I had a GTX 770 and BF1 was incredibly inconsistent when it came to DirectX errors.

PS. I can assume that the error has yet to be fixed for 770 users? It's been a while since I've checked up on this thread.

GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700HQ, 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. I tested with almost all drivers starting from the earliest driver that is needed to run Battlefield 1. No luck. However, interchanging between directX 11 and 12 allows me to sometimes play the game. Resolution scaling at default of 125%. This problem is hard to figure out, I could crash at the lowest of quality and when I set it to ultra, the crash stops. Or the other way around.

Resolution default at 125% First i've ever head of that.
  • St0n3ymontana
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    imho we will get a fix when next Brokenfield series game came up :angry: :D

I hope all who preorder BF1 get the same error as me and next time they will think twice before give money to DICE/EA !

Pre-ordered and running great since day one.
  • FernandoSerraPT
    37 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nvdia Geforce Drivers 378.49 have the hot fix release on 376.60?
  • dan134621
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Nvdia Geforce Drivers 378.49 have the hot fix release on 376.60?

Well if you notice 378.49, has nothing to do with BF1. Have you tried 375.63? It's been stable for me, never have had a single crash.

Game Ready
    Provides the optimal gaming experience for Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, Conan Exiles early access, and the For Honor closed beta
  • xeimonster
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've managed to fix my game (so far) by doing the following;

Re-installing Windows 7
    Re-installing Origin
    Re-installing my Microsoft Visual C++ Redistrutables - particually the 2015 redists - however you need all of them.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Updating Windows 7 to the latest release
    Updating nVidia graphics drivers to 378.49

I no longer get the DirectX function crash (well, after one hour of playing that is).

I'll keep you posted if it crashes again.
This discussion has been closed.