DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Are you actually serious EA? ( 28.03.17 - 21:34 CEST )

Comments

• Zeddsworth
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    I've clocked in 55 hours into the multiplayer so far and have had like 8 or 9 "DirectX" crashes, some that BSOD my system and seemingly semi-corrupt my driver and make me not want to even start the f***ing game again until it's patched. It is the strangest thing, I have never had a game do this before ever, I've had games that crashed but the crashes were repeatable and somewhat consistent and figuring out why was usually easy when going online, or games that were just straight up broken that lagged, stuttered, and crashed within minutes, but having put 55 hours into the game and it running great until out of nowhere BSODs and CTD's that sometimes happen within 10 minutes of eachother for no obvious reason and then the next day being able to play for 7 hours straight just fine is baffling.

Last I played I got a solid bright red screen right after the game crashed and my PC auto-restarted itself and loaded up really weird with a lower resolution on the splash screen as if I had just installed a new GPU without drivers or something, I'm not letting this broken crap mess with my PC anymore until a new patch comes out or until drivers that specifically mention a fix come out, or if by some miracle someone finds an actual full-proof manual fix.

This is absurd that this many people are having the same issue and it's like EA / DICE are trying to hide it, they aren't even acknowledging it officially as far as I am aware.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Masor1 wrote: »
    I installed the latest Realtek drivers and thus far 0 crashes, could just been luck tho will see
    What about the people that have these crashes but don't have any Realtek hardware? What are they supposed to do?

Spoke to Soon joined game and crashed so scrap what i said!
    Makes sense. This one is hard to nail down since you can go for days sometimes without a single crash.
  • dmitriibob87
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    EA and *profanity* DICE please let us know what going on with the plan of fixing this game....you guys did brilliant job but not 100% technicaly ready for working in our systems....please let us know what to expect when it will be fixed...
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • Alabatross
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I installed the latest Realtek drivers and thus far 0 crashes, could just been luck tho will see
    What about the people that have these crashes but don't have any Realtek hardware? What are they supposed to do?

Makes sense. This one is hard to nail down since you can go for days sometimes without a single crash.

The people who are doing this are playing in map rotations that skip over safe maps and significantly reduce their chances of crashing. If you purposely hunt for the problem maps you can make yourself crash within a couple rounds.
  • Carlociraptor
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For those of you crashing on AMD:

RUi5Zuo.png

Im running that driver on my RX 480 8gb and I never crash.
  • Zeddsworth
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Alabatross wrote: »

The people who are doing this are playing in map rotations that skip over safe maps and significantly reduce their chances of crashing. If you purposely hunt for the problem maps you can make yourself crash within a couple rounds.

What maps are problem maps? I've crashed on nearly all of them I think: Ballroom, forest, Scar, suez, monte, fortress, aimes, etc. I think the desert beta map might be the only one I haven't crashed on.
  • Zeddsworth
    edited November 2016

RUi5Zuo.png

God I hate AMD driver naming system, I have the latest drivers but the number is different, also on 480 8gb, do you have the simpler driver name? Or is it some beta driver and I'm just dumb and didn't know they were listed looking like that because I can't find that driver..

sbwvCD7.png
  • Varianceee
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i run the game maxed with just my gtx 770, only map i crash on is monte grappa !
  • N3CR0SYS
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Varianceee wrote: »
    i run the game maxed with just my gtx 770, only map i crash on is monte grappa !

You enjoying <30 frames?
  • penelopethecat
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    N3CR0SYS wrote: »

You enjoying <30 frames?

*profanity*. I run the same 770 gtx maxed paired with my fx8350, runs great. Well over 60fps
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zeddsworth wrote: »

RUi5Zuo.png

God I hate AMD
    Me too, but it's a good thing they're here to keep Intel and Nvidia's prices in check.
  • BeerHunter06
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All,

I have been experiencing crashes on all maps, couldn't play for more than 2 minutes without the game crashing with the DX error everyone is talking about. I turned off my SLI, (I have 2x 580s) and game is now working...Played for over 2 hours and no issues so far (knock on wood). For those with SLI and having problems, you might want to give it try. Good Luck!
  • TheCatClarence
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You enjoying <30 frames?

I can "run"(when it's not crashing) it at 60 constantly with high, not ultra on reference gtx 770, 4690k, and only 8gb ram.
  • uSUK-bartez300
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Guys? :-)
    Are you still gonna say that it's not DRIVERS problem but ENGINE problem?
    https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5190/engine-error
    http://imgur.com/a/fYrHv
    What about Titanfall 2? The same error (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG) and it's using Source Engine, not Frostbite :)))
    @RedRiveRR_ @jakethesnake4000 @Timbo196

Even @Sledge70, community manager there, wrote 'This error is specific to Driect X drivers.'

rekt? :o
  • Carlociraptor
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love AMD :)

@Zeddsworth it's 16.11.2
  • michbeck0711
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Zeddsworth wrote: »
    (...) sometimes happen within 10 minutes of eachother for no obvious reason and then the next day being able to play for 7 hours straight just fine is baffling.

Last I played I got a solid bright red screen right after the game crashed and my PC auto-restarted itself and loaded up really weird with a lower resolution on the splash screen as if I had just installed a new GPU without drivers or something, I'm not letting this broken crap mess with my PC anymore until a new patch comes out or until drivers that specifically mention a fix come out, or if by some miracle someone finds an actual full-proof manual fix.

This described it completely.

Last time i played it for about 3-4 hours..ending with a crash resulting in a complete shut down of my win7 pc. Normally it shows that anyoing directX error, but sometimes the whole pc is rebooting or just shuts off. Which reminds me to check the temperature of the gpu and cpu (also set my fan on high speed manually & set a lower gpu clock) but everything seems fine. also, no problems with other actual games.

sad.

There is also a huge thread on the nvidia forum about this...anyway, we only can wait until they tested it. And it could take even more time if it is not just a nvidia problem..
  • Arioly
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    FX 8350 Stock
    MSI 770
    8 GB Ram 1866
    Win 10
    Latest Geforce drivers:

Been loitering a lot in the forums and was trying to find the solution for this problem. Yes it happens to me evrytime on Monte grappa, Empires edge, St Quentin Scar and Ballroom Blitz... I noticed something tho. Out of all 9 maps we have here, those 4 ones that crash everytime have the biggest/widest draw distance. Can that be an indicator? IDK but just wanted to throw that in here. When u come from F to E in St Quentin u can see the whole map, when being in the castle in Ballroom u can see all B,A and D,E from it with a massive draw distance. On Grappa u can see all the map from B and on Empires edge, well thats the biggest map we have atm. on C and D u can see all the map again. Correct me if im wrong but i highly think that this must be a clue or something. Have a nice Weekend :)
  • Sgt_Patapov
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is litteraly the last game I buy form EA. Still no words coming from my support ticket. Great support. Can't even ask for a refund. 2016 and this kind of thing can still happen ? No way.... I'm sick of all this.
  • Varianceee
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You enjoying <30 frames?

lol im actually getting around 50-60 frames doesn't bug me at all
  • TheCatClarence
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is just stupid. It's a bit like buying a brand new car with lug nuts that are barely tightened, yes you may be able to drive down the road for a while, but eventually you're gonna crash at some point, you just don't know when.
This discussion has been closed.