Focus on Melee Combat

BATTL3FI3LDBULLY
336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
After I competed the counterknife animation and still ended up being the one getting stabbed, it occurred to me that the BF1 revealed said that the focus of the game would be close quarters and melee combat. I am praying for a better system if it's true.

Comments

• xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    same or at least more efficient, i still don't get how i can get counter knifed sneaking up on someone who is still facing the other direction the whole time.
  • BATTL3FI3LDBULLY
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    same or at least more efficient, i still don't get how i can get counter knifed sneaking up on someone who is still facing the other direction the whole time.

Because the server sees you as still facing them. It's frightening to think that the game is focused on this system and currently it's not so good. As it is, it deters me from knifing which I like. But, if we have slow loading weapons and have to rely on constant melee to defend ourselves. I don't think it will be good. Personally, I think melee should be minimized in a shooter based game. I think shooters should be focused on timing, accuracy, and tactical positioning. Some people like to imitate a slasher film.