BF1 Server Pricing

Comments

• l-Snowblind-l
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EDIT Oh and this does not say weather or not this is 32 or 64 man servers lol o_0
    Yeah, I updated the OP with the info as soon as Braddock posted it.
    . . . . . .
    Didn't Braddock say that is was for 64?
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/266426/#Comment_266426
    As many people are comparing to console, we don't rent on console according to server size. It's one price. And it includes 64 slots plus commanders and spectators. I'll verify, but I believe it's the same way.

-Braddock512-

So for PC you'll essentially be leasing a 64+spec slotted server. You adjust accordingly based on your preference, or what the mode allows for (god forbid).

Speculation at best from Braddock on that one.
    I'll verify, but I believe it's the same way.

He has yet to still confirm that info.

This still seems very simple for EA/DICE to just let it through without adding ... "O btw kick/ban will be an additional 10 buks a month for consoles and 20 on PC yours truly EA/DICE"

The wait continues for more solid info ;)

Keep digging Rev .. you forum hoe you B)
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm pretty confident it's a flat rate setup. Cloud services run hourly usage rates. So they packaged 64p @ 60hz and called it a day. Easier to work with. Yeah my hunch, but I'm pretty confident in it.
  • Ronin0ni
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm pretty confident it's a flat rate setup. Cloud services run hourly usage rates. So they packaged 64p @ 60hz and called it a day. Easier to work with. Yeah my hunch, but I'm pretty confident in it.

I'm sure this is what it is, which means Rush/TDM/Domination servers will be overpriced....

I'm also really curious why the PC servers cost so much more... they're all 60hz aren't they? All 64p with same spectator slots?

What gives? That better be because of scripting support.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, PC rental should cost less, it's not like it's taking $ony or M$ licensing into account.
    Scripting support or not, that's a mere standard ands to pay for it and accept it just erodes what would once be considered sacrament.

I was hoping to run a server on my own but I doubt it now if these prices are truly reflective.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ronin0ni wrote: »

I'm sure this is what it is, which means Rush/TDM/Domination servers will be overpriced....

I'm also really curious why the PC servers cost so much more... they're all 60hz aren't they? All 64p with same spectator slots?

Consoles run at 45Hz, PC runs default 60Hz. Higher hertz = more cpu/ram and bandwidth usage. "I think" PC is also getting optional ticks as well. 30. 40/45, 60, 120 maybe even 144hz.

There's an absolute reason as to why the servers tickrate (at least in Beta) was listed in the server results for each server. If everything is the same there's no point in listing it.
  • Ronin0ni
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016

Consoles run at 45Hz, PC runs default 60Hz. Higher hertz = more cpu/ram and bandwidth usage. "I think" PC is also getting optional ticks as well. 30. 40/45, 60, 120 maybe even 144hz.

There's an absolute reason as to why the servers tickrate (at least in Beta) was listed in the server results for each server. If everything is the same there's no point in listing it.

Wait, console only gets 45hz?

looool. Better than 30 at least.

That explains it for sure then.
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited October 2016
    @Ronin0ni I'm pretty sure David Sirland Tweeted it just after Alpha or Beta.

@KingTolapsium
    You know more about the console side. Didn't Tiggr (David Sirland) confirm 45Hz default for Console? You got any of those Tiggr posts bookmarked to back it up?

edit.
    I did some digging and all I could find (at least for now) was a Tweet from jjju about 60Hz being a goal ... Alpha console was 30Hz.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

@KingTolapsium
    You know more about the console side. Didn't Tiggr (David Sirland) confirm 45Hz default for Console? You got any of those Tiggr posts bookmarked to back it up?

edit.
    I did some digging and all I could find (at least for now) was a Tweet from jjju about 60Hz being a goal ... Alpha console was 30Hz.

I think David said something about settling on 45hz in a similar way to bf4 if they couldn't get 60hz to work, not sure, don't quote me on that.

I'm guessing they stuck with 30hz to guarantee stability. Good call on their part.

Honestly the 30hz bf1 netcode feels better than the 45hz in bf4.
  • Rev0verDrive

@KingTolapsium

edit.

I think David said something about settling on 45hz in a similar way to bf4 if they couldn't get 60hz to work, not sure, don't quote me on that.

I'm guessing they stuck with 30hz to guarantee stability. Good call on their part.

@KingTolapsium Thanks.

I figured you'd have more insight on the matter. Can you do a netgraph check? ... screeny would be cool too.
  • Ronin0ni

That doesn't even really make sense.
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Comparingly a 30 day 64p BF4 server runs anywhere between $74.88 and $83.15 @ 30Hz. That's a slot cost range of $1.17 to $1.29

BF1 slot costs ranges based on 64p....
    • 1 day: $2.99 ($0.0467 per slot) ~ (hourly slot $0.0019)
    • 7 days: $11.99 ($1.7128 per day) ~ ($0.0267 per slot daily) ~ (hourly slot $0.0011)
    • 30 days: $42.99 [slot cost $0.6717] ~ ($1.433 server per day) ~ ($0.0223 per slot daily) ~ (hourly slot $0.0009)
    • 90 days: $99.99 [slot cost $0.5207] ~ ($1.111 server per day) ~ ($0.0173 per slot daily) ~ (hourly slot $0.0007)
    • 180 days: $149.99 [slot cost $0.3905] ~ ($0.8332 server per day) ~ ($0.0130 per slot daily) ~ (hourly slot $0.0005)

BF1 slot costs ranges based on 64p 30Hz using the 2 base values listed above (GameServers.com vs NFOServers)
    • 30 days $74.88 [slot cost $1.17] ~ ($2.496 per day) ~ ($0.039 per slot daily) ~ (hourly slot $0.0016)
    • 30 days $83.15 [slot cost $1.29] ~ ($2.7716 per day) ~ ($0.0433 per slot daily) ~ (hourly slot $0.0018)

I see you are comparing apples and oranges. The prices for BF1 servers are not cheaper when you consider the control you are giving up compared to BF4 servers. Also, you can't rent a 10 man server in BF1 like you can in BF4 so you can argue the average minimum price for a BF 1 server is MUCH higher than the average minimum price for a BF4 server.
    We are getting less choices, less options, and less customization for slightly less money. It isn't a fair trade. Stop trying to say the glass is half full when it is smashed in pieces on the floor.
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    The pricing for PC is a comparison with what it would cost on the consoles. The pricing is for 32 players and not 64 players. Consoles can only handle 32 players. Double the price and that is what it is going to cost for a 64 player server. It is actually slightly more then a bf4 64 player server but BF1 has 60hz where BF4 was only 30hz. So I expected this. I actually thought it would be more.

http://www.bfcentral.net/battlefield-1-server-price/

• KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016

That doesn't even really make sense.

There are more factors at play than one value. I'm seeing less visual glitches that are associated with high ping/high loss, so the prediction is better with the newer code.

I've been shot like a foot around cover, but I can't say that any of my deaths feel cheap like they did in bf4, I've yet to really mess around with playing out of region, but in region play is much better for me.

The guns on average are quite a bit slower, I think that also helps things significantly.

@Rev0verDrive Sure, I'll try to do that soon.
  • Rev0verDrive
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    The pricing for PC is a comparison with what it would cost on the consoles. The pricing is for 32 players and not 64 players. Consoles can only handle 32 players. Double the price and that is what it is going to cost for a 64 player server. It is actually slightly more then a bf4 64 player server but BF1 has 60hz where BF4 was only 30hz. So I expected this. I actually thought it would be more.

http://www.bfcentral.net/battlefield-1-server-price/

It's 64 player and it's official from EA: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/266290/#Comment_266290
    Both Console and PC support 64 players.

You don't release official server costs based on 32p when they game is mainly played, promoted and marketed at 64 player.
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Um, I do not see any player slot count. According to that, you could surmise a player can get a server with only 1 slot.

Can you show us something like for this amount of money, you get this many player slots?
  • Rev0verDrive
    Um, I do not see any player slot count. According to that, you could surmise a player can get a server with only 1 slot.

Can you show us something like for this amount of money, you get this many player slots?

Braddock: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/266426/#Comment_266426
    As many people are comparing to console, we don't rent on console according to server size. It's one price. And it includes 64 slots plus commanders and spectators. I'll verify, but I believe it's the same way.

The servers are cloud service based. Rental servers come with 64p slots available whether you use them or not.
  • Axlerod1
    well if that is the case, this is incredibly cheap. This is half of what it cost me to run a BF4 server, 64 players @ 30 hz. I just have to worry about quality.
    Currently the tickrates are stuggling to keep 60hz. I have hit as low as 21.
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited October 2016
    well if that is the case, this is incredibly cheap. This is half of what it cost me to run a BF4 server, 64 players @ 30 hz. I just have to worry about quality.
    Currently the tickrates are stuggling to keep 60hz. I have hit as low as 21.

@Axlerod1 Tickrate dropped to 21 or FPS dropped to 21?

The only way the server tickrate could drop lower than 60 is if the server tick processing time ( SrvTick ms ) exceeds the 16.66ms threshold. SrvTick (ms) tells you how long it takes the server to process a tick (gamestate update). 1000ms / 60 tick = 16.66 ... One update every 16.66ms, 60 updates a second.

1000ms / 21 = 47.619ms .... This would cause the server to crash. Hell processing only 55/58 a second would cause the server to crash. That's roughly 17-18ms per tick.

FPS drops/instability have been reported. Could be a client side: optimization issue, DirectX issue, GPU Driver issue.

edit ....
    Not sure if the netgraph is enabled in the release or not. If so, open it up when you start having problems, screenshot and shoot me a PM.
    I believe there's an option in advanced settings. If not I think the command is: NetworkPerfOverlay.Enable 1
    Post edited by Rev0verDrive on
  • Axlerod1
    Yes I should have said FPS, I am going to try and run the netgraph tomorrow. I have been updating and doing other things. with a new 1080 though, I should not be getting low FPS.
  • Rev0verDrive
    Yes I should have said FPS, I am going to try and run the netgraph tomorrow. I have been updating and doing other things. with a new 1080 though, I should not be getting low FPS.

1080 could be drivers. There hasn't been an Nvidia BF1 priority release as far as I'm aware.