BF1 Server Pricing

13»

Comments

• Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    @Axlerod1 Update. The prices DICE released for servers are confirmed for 64p and they are doing a one price fits all platform.

• KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Why not big(64p)/small(>32/24) pricing?

It doesn't have to be by the slot.

This is some dumb bulls***. This is f***ing competitive guys, who are only going to want small servers.

Screw this. Don't rent servers. Not until dice/ea stop acting against the consumer for server rental options, this is getting ridiculous quickly.
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its not like we can rent servers currently
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

This is some dumb bulls***. This is f***ing competitive guys, who are only going to want small servers.

Screw this. Don't rent servers. Not until dice/ea stop acting against the consumer for server rental options, this is getting ridiculous quickly.

Servers are Cloud Based. This is how Cloud services are priced. X cpu, Y ram, Z bandwidth resources in an instance package, leased by the hour of usage.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Servers are Cloud Based. This is how Cloud services are priced. X cpu, Y ram, Z bandwidth resources in an instance package, leased by the hour of usage.

Then it should scale for lower player counts, as they do not require as much cpu perf.

This system is a step away from the old, I expect improvements, not services that the customer has to pay unproportionately for.

Settling with what we are given is not going to net great results, I'm glad people got upset about the bf4 netcode, because it's pretty awesome in bf1. We can have the same steps forward with rented servers.

Excuses don't make up for the unnecessary price different the consumer has to pay.
  • Rev0verDrive

Then it should scale for lower player counts, as they do not require as much cpu perf.

This system is a step away from the old, I expect improvements, not services that the customer has to pay unproportionately for.

Settling with what we are given is not going to net great results, I'm glad people got upset about the bf4 netcode, because it's pretty awesome in bf1. We can have the same steps forward with rented servers.

Excuses don't make up for the unnecessary price different the consumer has to pay.

The Cloud Service dictates the costs per instance and usage.

Developer: We need a max of X and a min of Y.
    Provider: Here's the setup.
  • KingTolapsium
    edited October 2016
    Excuses don't make up for the unnecessary price different the consumer has to pay. There have been opportunities for an improved experience. It sucks that they aren't being taken.

I'm not seeing improvements in the way things are going. Just more bull.
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited October 2016
    Excuses don't make up for the unnecessary price different the consumer has to pay. There have been opportunities for an improved experience. It sucks that they aren't being taken.

I suggest you ***** at Amazon and MS for their compute hourly pricing.

At the end of the day those that run 16p @ 60Hz are still paying marginally less than what GSP's charge for BF4 @ 60Hz. And up to 66% less for 64p.
  • KingTolapsium

At the end of the day those that run 16p @ 60Hz are still paying marginally less than what GSP's charge for BF4 @ 60Hz. And up to 66% less for 64p.

We'll see if that makes up for a lack of features.
  • Rev0verDrive