Hey DICE, ever heard of Auto Balance??

«1
comedykev
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Wow after the clusterfudge of SWBF and lack of autobalance you would of thought they had learned a thing or two, well i must be mistaken.
Please for the love of god let us control our own servers as you clearly dont understand.

Comments

  • Kepano_808HI
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    awww seriously...are they gonna have that issue? I only bought the basic game that unlock Thurs....but geez, I know how they are doing the server rental....which means hacks and balance are gonna be screwed
  • sircolby45
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can not be more happy there is no auto balance. The servers stay balanced on their own without forcefully yanking someone onto the other team. The balance controls they have implemented work perfectly in directing the joining players to that team instead of pulling existing ones.
  • Casketnap
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    how do you balance it if everyone is under lvl 10?
  • havoc1482
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah no thanks. Autobalance causes more problems then it solves. If a server is popular enough you shouldn't have a real issue with lopsided teams.

    As VESPA5 said, the most infuriating thing was stomping another team, having them rage quit, and getting booted to the other team. It honestly made me want to just quit myself on occasion.
  • DonaldJTrump35
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Something needs to be done
  • fvmz
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    havoc1482 wrote: »
    Yeah no thanks. Autobalance causes more problems then it solves. If a server is popular enough you shouldn't have a real issue with lopsided teams.

    As VESPA5 said, the most infuriating thing was stomping another team, having them rage quit, and getting booted to the other team. It honestly made me want to just quit myself on occasion.

    I honestly don't know how you can look at that screenshot and arrive at the conclusion you have? This was terribly lopsided from the get go. This same crap happens all the time in Battlefront.
  • bobby6k34
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    havoc1482 wrote: »
    Yeah no thanks. Autobalance causes more problems then it solves. If a server is popular enough you shouldn't have a real issue with lopsided teams.

    As VESPA5 said, the most infuriating thing was stomping another team, having them rage quit, and getting booted to the other team. It honestly made me want to just quit myself on occasion.

    I have no issue with the balance during the game but when a new round starts it needs to auto-balance to compensate for the player differences in the teams. yeah your team is doing good, good when its 7 vs 21.
  • sircolby45
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    fvmz wrote: »
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    I can not be more happy there is no auto balance. The servers stay balanced on their own without forcefully yanking someone onto the other team. The balance controls they have implemented work perfectly in directing the joining players to that team instead of pulling existing ones.

    what?
    balance.jpg

    Boohoo...What you didn't show is where 2 minutes later it was balanced again. You probably RQed before then.
  • NoBanMePLS
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    fvmz wrote: »
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    I can not be more happy there is no auto balance. The servers stay balanced on their own without forcefully yanking someone onto the other team. The balance controls they have implemented work perfectly in directing the joining players to that team instead of pulling existing ones.

    what?
    balance.jpg

    You think that's bad? I was in a 32 v 4 yesterday. They talked massive **** about us sucking lol. Yeah were spawn trapped because we suck not because were outnumbered 8 to 1
  • sircolby45
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bobby6k34 wrote: »
    havoc1482 wrote: »
    Yeah no thanks. Autobalance causes more problems then it solves. If a server is popular enough you shouldn't have a real issue with lopsided teams.

    As VESPA5 said, the most infuriating thing was stomping another team, having them rage quit, and getting booted to the other team. It honestly made me want to just quit myself on occasion.

    I have no issue with the balance during the game but when a new round starts it needs to auto-balance to compensate for the player differences in the teams. yeah your team is doing good, good when its 7 vs 21.

    It does balance the server after every round....this is built into the server code. Why do you think you see assigned to XX team based on skill in the chatbox after every round.
  • fvmz
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    fvmz wrote: »
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    I can not be more happy there is no auto balance. The servers stay balanced on their own without forcefully yanking someone onto the other team. The balance controls they have implemented work perfectly in directing the joining players to that team instead of pulling existing ones.

    what?
    balance.jpg

    Boohoo...What you didn't show is where 2 minutes later it was balanced again. You probably RQed before then.
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    I can not be more happy there is no auto balance. The servers stay balanced on their own without forcefully yanking someone onto the other team. The balance controls they have implemented work perfectly in directing the joining players to that team instead of pulling existing ones.

    Unfortunately, it stayed like this. I'm replying to this idiotic post of yours only to point out that your first post was equally idiotic. EA/DICE don't exactly have a good track record with matchmaking or balancing servers. They do not "stay balanced on their own", despite ignorant claims to the contrary. If they're going to assume server responsibility for this game too, then that's something they need to work on.
  • havoc1482
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    bobby6k34 wrote: »
    I have no issue with the balance during the game but when a new round starts it needs to auto-balance to compensate for the player differences in the teams. yeah your team is doing good, good when its 7 vs 21.

    Thats fine. My gripe is with ingame balancing, mid game. If it gets really unbalance, it will either re-balance from players joining, or you lose/win and get re-balanced next round, which I'm fine with. Like I've said, ragequitting is one of the biggest reasons for teams becoming lopsided and a team that is working together to win and presumably cause said rage quit should not be punished for it.
  • fvmz
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    havoc1482 wrote: »
    bobby6k34 wrote: »
    I have no issue with the balance during the game but when a new round starts it needs to auto-balance to compensate for the player differences in the teams. yeah your team is doing good, good when its 7 vs 21.

    Thats fine. My gripe is with ingame balancing, mid game. If it gets really unbalance, it will either re-balance from players joining, or you lose/win and get re-balanced next round, which I'm fine with. Like I've said, ragequitting is one of the biggest reasons for teams becoming lopsided and a team that is working together to win and presumably cause said rage quit should not be punished for it.

    Part of the problem with in game balancing is how EA/DICE handles parties: they never break them up. It's not uncommon in Battlefront for one side to be filled with parties and the other filled with random pubbers. This is the initial flaw that creates the disparity which leads to people quitting in the first place. Skill notwithstanding, parties > pubbers every time. This game was built around teamwork, and parties are usually just that.

    What is supposed to happen is that between rounds the server is balanced and players, based on skill, are split; however, if said skilled players are in parties, then no split happens.
  • sircolby45
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    fvmz wrote: »
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    fvmz wrote: »
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    I can not be more happy there is no auto balance. The servers stay balanced on their own without forcefully yanking someone onto the other team. The balance controls they have implemented work perfectly in directing the joining players to that team instead of pulling existing ones.

    what?
    balance.jpg

    Boohoo...What you didn't show is where 2 minutes later it was balanced again. You probably RQed before then.
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    I can not be more happy there is no auto balance. The servers stay balanced on their own without forcefully yanking someone onto the other team. The balance controls they have implemented work perfectly in directing the joining players to that team instead of pulling existing ones.

    Unfortunately, it stayed like this. I'm replying to this idiotic post of yours only to point out that your first post was equally idiotic. EA/DICE don't exactly have a good track record with matchmaking or balancing servers. They do not "stay balanced on their own", despite ignorant claims to the contrary. If they're going to assume server responsibility for this game too, then that's something they need to work on.

    Yeah, I don't believe that for 1 second. I have played on nothing but official servers and I have been playing Battlefield 1 and they ALWAYS balance themselves out. You are just impatient and think because your team got **** and left that the other team should be forced onto your crap team because you can't wait a few minutes for the server to balance itself with new players.
    fvmz wrote: »
    havoc1482 wrote: »
    bobby6k34 wrote: »
    I have no issue with the balance during the game but when a new round starts it needs to auto-balance to compensate for the player differences in the teams. yeah your team is doing good, good when its 7 vs 21.

    Thats fine. My gripe is with ingame balancing, mid game. If it gets really unbalance, it will either re-balance from players joining, or you lose/win and get re-balanced next round, which I'm fine with. Like I've said, ragequitting is one of the biggest reasons for teams becoming lopsided and a team that is working together to win and presumably cause said rage quit should not be punished for it.

    Part of the problem with in game balancing is how EA/DICE handles parties: they never break them up. It's not uncommon in Battlefront for one side to be filled with parties and the other filled with random pubbers. This is the initial flaw that creates the disparity which leads to people quitting in the first place. Skill notwithstanding, parties > pubbers every time. This game was built around teamwork, and parties are usually just that.

    What is supposed to happen is that between rounds the server is balanced and players, based on skill, are split; however, if said skilled players are in parties, then no split happens.

    This is not a "problem." This is a team based game and if you don't work as a team you deserve to lose. If you are suggesting that they should break up squads that is absolutely ridiculous and would ruin this game. If you don't like getting stomped on by organized squads organize a squad of your own.
  • AppLeNaToR
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't believe that for 1 second. I have played on nothing but official servers and I have been playing Battlefield 1 and they ALWAYS balance themselves out. You are just impatient and think because your team got **** and left that the other team should be forced onto your crap team because you can't wait a few minutes for the server to balance itself with new players.


    This is not a "problem." This is a team based game and if you don't work as a team you deserve to lose. If you are suggesting that they should break up squads that is absolutely ridiculous and would ruin this game. If you don't like getting stomped on by organized squads organize a squad of your own.

    You may have played the game, but maybe you have not played it enough / long enough (into late hours)
    Yes after a round is OVER, it will "balance" the amount of players but this won't happen DURING the match.

    Now you will claim "well then let this match run until its over"
    If you look at it - simple minded - that actually makes sense. It will be balanced "soon"


    But if you look at it in reality, you might notice, that there is not always players joining a match/filling up a server 24/7. At a certain point of day, there won't be insane amounts of players to fill up every single available server. It WILL happen, that there is a 64 Slot server populated with just 30-40 people.

    Now the problem is: Players can not easily quit during the intermission-screen, without pressing Alt+F4. They have to wait until the game loaded the next match, before they get the Quit-button.
    Anyhow, it seems that at this point the teams are already "rebalanced".

    So lets assume we have 40 people - the round just ended - even teams. 20:20
    Now 5 guys which are in the same team (which they don't even know as the match did not start) leave, as they want to go to bed. That leaves the remaining players at 15:20 at ROUND-START.

    Do you seriously consider this ok? Do you now excpet the 15 guys to "hold it out until the match is over"?
    Even if most of the players do that, there will be 2-5 players who won't, which leaves it at 10:20.
    Ok, lets assume to this late hour 3 guys join the server into the ongoing match: 13:20
    They realize how fked they are and 2 of them leave again to look for another server: 11:20

    Yet you claim "this is fine, let them finish the round and rebalance for the next round".

    And no, don't rip squads apart, especially not if they are "friends". But something HAS to happen here, as this is not how players should have to experience the game.

    Sure they can always quit. All i say to that is "8:20".... Its all good, it will be balanced in 20 minutes, maybe. Lets endure this not-fun-gameplay for the sake of "balancing is not needed because we are just impatient"
  • sircolby45
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    AppLeNaToR wrote: »
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't believe that for 1 second. I have played on nothing but official servers and I have been playing Battlefield 1 and they ALWAYS balance themselves out. You are just impatient and think because your team got **** and left that the other team should be forced onto your crap team because you can't wait a few minutes for the server to balance itself with new players.


    This is not a "problem." This is a team based game and if you don't work as a team you deserve to lose. If you are suggesting that they should break up squads that is absolutely ridiculous and would ruin this game. If you don't like getting stomped on by organized squads organize a squad of your own.

    You may have played the game, but maybe you have not played it enough / long enough (into late hours)
    Yes after a round is OVER, it will "balance" the amount of players but this won't happen DURING the match.

    Now you will claim "well then let this match run until its over"
    If you look at it - simple minded - that actually makes sense. It will be balanced "soon"


    But if you look at it in reality, you might notice, that there is not always players joining a match/filling up a server 24/7. At a certain point of day, there won't be insane amounts of players to fill up every single available server. It WILL happen, that there is a 64 Slot server populated with just 30-40 people.

    Now the problem is: Players can not easily quit during the intermission-screen, without pressing Alt+F4. They have to wait until the game loaded the next match, before they get the Quit-button.
    Anyhow, it seems that at this point the teams are already "rebalanced".

    So lets assume we have 40 people - the round just ended - even teams. 20:20
    Now 5 guys which are in the same team (which they don't even know as the match did not start) leave, as they want to go to bed. That leaves the remaining players at 15:20 at ROUND-START.

    Do you seriously consider this ok? Do you now excpet the 15 guys to "hold it out until the match is over"?
    Even if most of the players do that, there will be 2-5 players who won't, which leaves it at 10:20.
    Ok, lets assume to this late hour 3 guys join the server into the ongoing match: 13:20
    They realize how fked they are and 2 of them leave again to look for another server: 11:20

    Yet you claim "this is fine, let them finish the round and rebalance for the next round".

    And no, don't rip squads apart, especially not if they are "friends". But something HAS to happen here, as this is not how players should have to experience the game.

    Sure they can always quit. All i say to that is "8:20".... Its all good, it will be balanced in 20 minutes, maybe. Lets endure this not-fun-gameplay for the sake of "balancing is not needed because we are just impatient"

    The alternative is you have your annoying autobalance split friends up and they all get mad and leave and you end up on any empty server anyway. So basically for that very small percentage of time that they don't balance themselves you want to ruin everyone's game 100% of the time even when the server most definitely would have balanced itself. Hell no. Good on you Dice for not giving anyone access to have annoying tools like this.
  • AppLeNaToR
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So basically for that very small percentage of time where there is 20 players who are all friends with each other, you rather keep the game unbalanced instead of moving a few of the 20 who are not friends...

    I guess you purpousely ignored that I said "dont rip squads apart, especially not if they are friends."

    And then again, how would the server balance itself if there is not many players joining? IT DOES NOT BALANCE ITSELF. And thats EXACTLY what the OP is complaining about...
    The game is ruined for everybody if the game is unbalanced. Of course the guys on the team with more players won't notice it right away, but that does not justify to keep it like that, because the other team is suffering. And a unbalanced game is a way worse experience than getting moved to the other team...
  • fvmz
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    fvmz wrote: »
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    fvmz wrote: »
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    I can not be more happy there is no auto balance. The servers stay balanced on their own without forcefully yanking someone onto the other team. The balance controls they have implemented work perfectly in directing the joining players to that team instead of pulling existing ones.

    what?
    balance.jpg

    Boohoo...What you didn't show is where 2 minutes later it was balanced again. You probably RQed before then.
    sircolby45 wrote: »
    I can not be more happy there is no auto balance. The servers stay balanced on their own without forcefully yanking someone onto the other team. The balance controls they have implemented work perfectly in directing the joining players to that team instead of pulling existing ones.

    Unfortunately, it stayed like this. I'm replying to this idiotic post of yours only to point out that your first post was equally idiotic. EA/DICE don't exactly have a good track record with matchmaking or balancing servers. They do not "stay balanced on their own", despite ignorant claims to the contrary. If they're going to assume server responsibility for this game too, then that's something they need to work on.

    Yeah, I don't believe that for 1 second. I have played on nothing but official servers and I have been playing Battlefield 1 and they ALWAYS balance themselves out. You are just impatient and think because your team got **** and left that the other team should be forced onto your crap team because you can't wait a few minutes for the server to balance itself with new players.
    fvmz wrote: »
    havoc1482 wrote: »
    bobby6k34 wrote: »
    I have no issue with the balance during the game but when a new round starts it needs to auto-balance to compensate for the player differences in the teams. yeah your team is doing good, good when its 7 vs 21.

    Thats fine. My gripe is with ingame balancing, mid game. If it gets really unbalance, it will either re-balance from players joining, or you lose/win and get re-balanced next round, which I'm fine with. Like I've said, ragequitting is one of the biggest reasons for teams becoming lopsided and a team that is working together to win and presumably cause said rage quit should not be punished for it.

    Part of the problem with in game balancing is how EA/DICE handles parties: they never break them up. It's not uncommon in Battlefront for one side to be filled with parties and the other filled with random pubbers. This is the initial flaw that creates the disparity which leads to people quitting in the first place. Skill notwithstanding, parties > pubbers every time. This game was built around teamwork, and parties are usually just that.

    What is supposed to happen is that between rounds the server is balanced and players, based on skill, are split; however, if said skilled players are in parties, then no split happens.

    This is not a "problem." This is a team based game and if you don't work as a team you deserve to lose. If you are suggesting that they should break up squads that is absolutely ridiculous and would ruin this game. If you don't like getting stomped on by organized squads organize a squad of your own.

    It appears as though your knowledge of the issue is somewhat limited. You've "played on nothing but official servers". This implies that you think there is something other than dice provided official servers. There isn't. They're all dice provided official servers.

    Whether you "buy it" is irrelevant. I don't care whether you "buy" the earth is round or not either. Balance has been a problem for EA/DICE long before BF1. Again, they provide servers for Battlefront, and Battlefront has had this same issue for a while, and you "not buying" it only exposes your own ignorance. You flat out just don't know what you're talking about. You're the guy who denies a problem exists unless and until that problem directly effect him.

    Yes, it's a team based game. If you can't see the blatantly obvious problem of parties vs pubbers then there's really no point in talking to you.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!