Weekly Debrief

Best Battlefield to date?

Px-Progdogg
442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I may have to somewhat eat my own words.

I played the beta for 2 hours and didn't really enjoy it at all (cancelled my pre-order). Played it a further 10+ hours and started to really enjoy it, it had a lot of bugs (like a lot) and heaps of balance issues but I came to enjoy the mechanics. The sexiness of the graphics and audio was never in question.

Fast-forward to EA Access Early Trial. A few more maps and shiiiet there are way less bugs, balance seems improved, mechanics are more polished, optimisation seems better. The only thing that worried me was finding quite a few hackers so early, lack of rentable server information (particularly around admin control) and lack of HC on release.

I told myself over and over that I would not buy this game until server info is released, if we can't admin servers, kick/ban hackers (I'm on PC) then its just not going to work. Saw 2 other mates playing it last night and I hit buy-now faster than usain bolt on steroids. After the initial shame I felt for being a hypocrite, I ended up having 5 hours of intense warfare that left me thinking "this is actually the best BF I have played" Argonne Forest was so epicly ruthless running around with the shotgun, dodging tear gas and mortars, murdering soldiers with a spade.

Bonus is I didn't see a single hacker last night which was very the icing on the cake. I trust EA/DICE to keep the cleanliness of this release going with good news on rentable servers and continue on with what I would say is a game changer in First Person Shooters.

RIP CoD.

Comments

• incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes it is. And you didn't mention Operations. Completely offsets all the custom servers talk, even if the worst of it were true.
  • staRfckers
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nope, worst. Because of no leaderboards.
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    incapslap wrote: »
    Yes it is. And you didn't mention Operations. Completely offsets all the custom servers talk, even if the worst of it were true.

I would mention Operations if it were possible to get a game in Operations. Sadly I haven't been able to yet.
  • Px-Progdogg
    edited October 2016
    (accidental double post)
  • Crito3
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know if it's the best, but it is damn fun. Much better than bf3 & 4 imo
  • jmz959
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gotta say, it has the best gunplay I've experienced in any Battlefield title (played BF2, 2142, BFBC2 and then in extent I've played BF3 and BF4) None come close to the satisfaction of BF1
  • Px-Progdogg
    jmz959 wrote: »
    Gotta say, it has the best gunplay I've experienced in any Battlefield title (played BF2, 2142, BFBC2 and then in extent I've played BF3 and BF4) None come close to the satisfaction of BF1

Completely agree, the game mechanics are insanely cool. I have only played BF2, BFBC2, BF3, BF4 and I would have to say it is the most fun I have had on a BF game thus far.
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    If it doesn't bother you, can you give me a quick summary of the changes you felt (in mechanics and bugs) from the beta to the trial?

Just wanna know what to expect come friday! :)
  • Seabees4Life
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Best? No, but it's damn close.

BF1942 / BF1942 Desert Combat MOD still stand out as the best for me. BF1 is in a close fight for the number 2 slot. It's currently in a fist fight with Bad Company 2.

• Px-Progdogg
    owltro wrote: »
    If it doesn't bother you, can you give me a quick summary of the changes you felt (in mechanics and bugs) from the beta to the trial?

Just wanna know what to expect come friday! :)

The most frustrating was climbing objects, I had massive problems in the beta, now it is much smoother/easier to climb. No more disappearing vehicles while you are in them, found a few guns to be OP in the beta, not noticing any massive advantage with weapon choice apart from distance, balance seems good, spawning works well, no more spawning in a random place after clicking on your squad or an objective, the UI has no more bugs - no freeze screens or false data, better optimisation, no longer getting lag spikes and **** frame rates. Will see what else I notice when I jump on tonight.

Overall if I was DICE I would be very happy with this release so far.
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The most frustrating was climbing objects, I had massive problems in the beta, now it is much smoother/easier to climb. No more disappearing vehicles while you are in them, found a few guns to be OP in the beta, not noticing any massive advantage with weapon choice apart from distance, balance seems good, spawning works well, no more spawning in a random place after clicking on your squad or an objective, the UI has no more bugs - no freeze screens or false data, better optimisation, no longer getting lag spikes and **** frame rates. Will see what else I notice when I jump on tonight.

Overall if I was DICE I would be very happy with this release so far.
    Reassurance hype!!
  • KillerCoffeeCo
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jmz959 wrote: »

Totally agree with this comment apart from 2142 as I didn't play it at all. I'm certainly getting my fun kicks more so than any previous title I've played before.
  • Ashby_JC
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I played the beta for 2 hours and didn't really enjoy it at all (cancelled my pre-order). Played it a further 10+ hours and started to really enjoy it, it had a lot of bugs (like a lot) and heaps of balance issues but I came to enjoy the mechanics. The sexiness of the graphics and audio was never in question.

Fast-forward to EA Access Early Trial. A few more maps and shiiiet there are way less bugs, balance seems improved, mechanics are more polished, optimisation seems better. The only thing that worried me was finding quite a few hackers so early, lack of rentable server information (particularly around admin control) and lack of HC on release.

I told myself over and over that I would not buy this game until server info is released, if we can't admin servers, kick/ban hackers (I'm on PC) then its just not going to work. Saw 2 other mates playing it last night and I hit buy-now faster than usain bolt on steroids. After the initial shame I felt for being a hypocrite, I ended up having 5 hours of intense warfare that left me thinking "this is actually the best BF I have played" Argonne Forest was so epicly ruthless running around with the shotgun, dodging tear gas and mortars, murdering soldiers with a spade.

Bonus is I didn't see a single hacker last night which was very the icing on the cake. I trust EA/DICE to keep the cleanliness of this release going with good news on rentable servers and continue on with what I would say is a game changer in First Person Shooters.

RIP CoD.

I wish more people did what you did. And that is give the game a chance and not judge it based on a small sample (BETA).

See you on the battlefield (That was corny)
  • Px-Progdogg
    Ashby_JC wrote: »

RIP CoD.

I wish more people did what you did. And that is give the game a chance and not judge it based on a small sample (BETA).

See you on the battlefield (That was corny)

No worries man, there is always going to be complaints and bugs but so far I would say the release is pretty silky smooth, I didn't find many things wrong playing last night.
  • FF_smart27
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No worries man, there is always going to be complaints and bugs but so far I would say the release is pretty silky smooth, I didn't find many things wrong playing last night.

Maybe you need to pay the ps4 section of the forum a visit.
  • Px-Progdogg

Maybe you need to pay the ps4 section of the forum a visit.

Didn't think of that, Im scared...
  • staRfckers
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    staRfckers wrote: »
    Nope, worst. Because of no leaderboards.

Yea cause thats more important than mechanics, game-modes, playability, longevity, optimisation, graphics and gameplay.

ve4fu.jpg

It makes everything become meh, yeah its a great game, but for someone who is competitive it is a let down. Atleast have some form of competitive element.

Without leaderboards. Whats the drive for you to win a game or perform well? For me this ruins the whole game.
    There needs to be some kind of competitive element to make people have a drive to improve. Now its all pointless if you are good or not. And nothing hurts with putting something like this into the game, just pleases more people. I don't understand how I can be a minority with this opinion. Are the majority really THAT casual?
  • Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1's got the best maps and best game mode selection (in my opinion), so yes it's looking to be the best Battlefield to date.
  • KaepernickTheGr8
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    One shot kill sniper rifles, 7-8 hits for automatics, self repairing tanks... its a scrub friendly game. Whats not to like?