"Server Disconnected" (you have lost connection to the session)

KillaByte69
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Unable to connect to any multiplayer servers, I've tried quickmatch and the server browser to try and connect directly and both don't work. I've tried adding origin and battlefield 1 to exceptions in my firewall. I've also tried turning my firewall completely off. Whenever I try and join a match it loads for about 5 seconds then the "server disconnected" message pops up and kicks me out. Please help I have only seen a handful of others with the same problem with no solution

Comments

• Sn4ke_Pli55kin
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the same or very similar issue. My workaround is ,from server browser, I select the server I want to play on, from the list (just click on it) and it opens up a page with the server info. I then click on join and after 3 or 4 times of "server disconnected" I can join that server. Every time 3 or 4 tries to be able to get on.
    If I just select " join" from the list of servers in server browser, I can't join a game at all. I think there's an issue with the server browser. Let me know if this works for you.
  • SirMcVoltage
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe this helps. My friend had a similar issue, he was only able to join empty servers or servers with 3-5 Players in it.

I did following on his pc/network.

1. Make sure that your software firewall (antivirus or windows firewall) have the exceptions for origin and battlefield 1. (which i think you did already).
    2. If you have a router make sure that it isn't blocking the required ports for battlefield 1 servers. (a quick check would be, to add your pc to the DMZ on the router. This will exclude your pc from the Routers Firewall/means all ports are open for your pc.)
    3. After this try to join a full Server again. If it works now you know that your router is the issue.
    4. Remove your pc from the DMZ again.
    5. Open ports on your router (also called port forwarding).

I would recommend not to open all at once. For my friend it required only UDP: 3659 and 14000 - 14016 for it to work.

PC

UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
    TCP: 80, 443, 5222, 9988, 17502, 20000-20100, 22990, 42127

Xbox One

UDP: 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
    TCP: 53, 80, 3074

PS4

UDP: 3659, 14000-14016
    TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127

Let me know if this works for you.
  • KGOZi
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016

erased
  • Obi_Wan_Peyote
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm having the exact same issue. What's odd is I can join servers where there's one or two other players but that's it. I play a ton of other games (including other games on Origin) and this has never been an issue. I don't know why this is happening with Battlefield 1....
  • -LT616
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am having a similar issue. I can conect and play all game modes except conquest. I either get the disconnected message or it will load map then disconnect within a few minutes.

Again, I can play the other modes no issues,no disconnects.
  • AAC-SAMMY_T-1OOO
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes this is only happening in Conquest 64p, other 24p games modes run fine.
  • Syphacleeze
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So i basically swiss cheesed my firewall using above as a guide, and still conquest fails 100% of the time

I did about 1.5hr of TDM and Domination modes, which was painful to get into lobby (frequent failures) but would eventually work, but Conquest never connect once. Wtf?
  • sn1ckii
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    oh wtf, dont try to fix this. its not your problem..
  • Proliphic08
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    typical EA / Dice release a 1/2 ready game to **** people off to the point they want a refund or to stop buying their products... they dont care bout our enjoyment of the game ONLY that they release as many as COD does.. its a race for quantity over quality...
  • Josterrrrr
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Even if i open port's I get a lost connection to session after a match or 2 of conquest, maybe I should try other gamemodes.
  • TankMaster64
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone found a solution for this yet ??
  • AAC-SAMMY_T-1OOO
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone found a solution for this yet ??

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/40686/server-disconnected-only-on-64p-servers#latest

read my original post then read my last post. hope it works for you
  • Fleshmeister
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    notice how they dont even post on their OWN forums ? great customer service and techsupport.. they just sitting back singing "we got your money!!"

Yeah they probably are. Hope it will get fixed soon thou
  • Malokov117
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They did't fix it yet ? I just bought game today lol
  • Josterrrrr
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    So, what I've noticed recently, if I do quick match, it will lose connection to session in the first game, very quickly. If I choose my server, I can get 2 games, and almost a 3rd before losing connection to session. I checked what Sammy posted and it's the same issue as me, he can only play a couple game on 64p conquest.

For the record I have not tried any other gamemodes, only 64p conquest, it's what I like to play and want to play. Hope they fix this, didn't happen in beta, and it is on their end, and IDK how the scoring works, but when you get kicked IDK if it saved those stats, or give me a lose/win, depending on who actually ends up winning.
  • CaptainJaO
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    It's what I'd call the BF1 (BF4,BF3) ..., well the EA experience. I paid 69.99 CHF (Swiss Francs ~=USD) for this game to have a great time. Instead, I am screening this forum since Friday, without a single statement issued by DICE/EA
  • Obi_Wan_Peyote
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm having the exact same issue. What's odd is I can join servers where there's one or two other players but that's it. I play a ton of other games (including other games on Origin) and this has never been an issue. I don't know why this is happening with Battlefield 1....

Just wanted to follow-up and let you guys know that I managed a workaround. Logged-in to my router and set my DMZ to my ip address (I had read this worked for someone else on Reddit). Worked like a charm and smooth sailing since. However, the fact that I had to do that (and no other games ever give me networking issues) still points to the fact that there's a bug in the networking side of this game.